Chapter 9

Just Go With It

 

 

 

 When the group of four arrived at a amusement park, everyone, and by everyone meaning Jinyoung and Jaebum, were excited to try out every single ride. Completely forgetting that they were here for Mark's birthday and were suppose to things he wanted to do. Either way Mark was glad Jinyoung was going to have a great time because he got a chance to catch up with Jackson.  They haven't seen each other in exactly two weeks and it was hell for Mark. Instead of physical contact from Jackson he had to rely on text messages and late night phone calls. They needed this moment to themselves. 

"How was your birthday dinner?"

"It wasn't as bad as I thought honestly. All the people I haven't seen in the longest were there so that was nice. It would have been even better if you were there."

"If only your parents didn't hate me."

"They don't hate you. They just think you influence my choices too much."

"It's not like I've gotten you in any kind of trouble."

Mark laughed at Jackson ridiculousness, he had gotten in plenty of trouble thanks to Jackson. "I got grounded for the entire summer because of you, Jackson."

"Okay, but still because of me you learned how to drive,roll a blunt,smoke a cigarette and hold your alcohol. Which are vital for living in this world."

Mark rolled his eyes and proceeded to drag Jackson over to the overly bright photo booth. Jackson groaned complaining that he didn't look "good" enough for the photos they were about to take. Jackson's complaints went on deaf ears, Jackson always looked good and there wasn't a day he didn't leave the house without checking the mirror a few times.

"Jackson it's going to be so much fun."

The two boys walked into the small both and sat next to one another, Jackson put in about two dollars worth of quarters and the camera began to take numerous pictures of the duo. At first, Jackson would sit there with a straight face as Mark did all the cute poses, but after holding in his laughter for too long he caved and joined Mark. Hearing Mark's vibrant laughter was enough to get Jackson to kiss Mark on lips quickly. It was something about seeing Mark smile or laugh at Jackson that sent him on an hormone frenzy and having Mark sit on his lap for the last few pictures wasn't really helping either.

Their session had finally finished, and Mark quickly got up from Jackson's lap and collected their photo strips. He was too busy looking at the ridiculous photos they took to realize Jackson was still trying to adjust his pants, trying to hide his growing problem.

Mark ripped the photo strips in two and turned around to give Jackson half of the photos they had taken. Smoothing out his shirt, Jackson took them and placed the new photo's inside of his wallet.

They continued to walk through the amusement park hand in hand, they had only gone on a handful of rides but they were perfectly fine with that. 

"How's school been going?"

"School is school, I don't even show up anymore. "

"Why not? We're suppose to graduate together remember?"

"Mark you actually like going to school and you have your parents to always push you and I'm kind of on my own."

"I always push you. I want the best for you."

"Can we talk about something else?"

"You never want to talk about anything." Mark mumbled under his breath.

Jackson hadn't heard him, and wrapped his arm around Mark pulling him towards some ridiculous basketball game. They were there for about twenty minutes before Jackson finally surpassed the set high score and won himself an obnoxiously large stuffed animal. 

"You can have it, consider it part of your birthday present." Jackson said as he placed the large stuffed animal in Mark's arms.

Mark smiled and held it but he knew Jackson had only given him this to shut him up and he accepted it. It was his birthday and he didn't want to argue tonight. They continued to walk around the park,the sky was now turning a deeper shade of blue, and some rides were beginning to close down. Mark turned his wrist and checked the time on his watch.

11:10pm

"We should start heading back it's getting late."

Jackson checked the time on his phone and nodded in agreement for once. "Yeah let's go. Jaebum told me he's been waiting by the car for the longest."

As they walked towards Jackson's car in the now semi-empty parking lot, Mark noticed Jaebum and Jinyoung talking to each other in close proximity. Jinyoung laughed at what ever Jaebum had just said, and jokingly pushed him away. They continued to laugh together oblivious to the two new figures walking towards them. Jackson unlocked his vehicle and the beeping noise caused Jinyoung to jump and he quickly moved himself away from Jaebum when he saw Mark.

"I see you guys are getting along."

Jaebum rolled his eyes and got into the backseat with Jinyoung following behind of him."We've gotten close while you guys took so long to get out of there."

The group of four drove through Downtown LA and even stopped by a local pizza parlor for a quick bite to eat. Jackson dropped off Jinyoung and Jaebum at their houses soon after and he continued on the road to Mark's house.

Mark turned down the music playing on the radio and turned to Jackson. "Where are we headed now?"

"I thought you wanted to go home."

"I do but you know I like spending time with you."

Mark's house was now in their view and the front porch's light was still on. Mark knew his parents were expecting him to be home soon, but he knew as soon as he stepped foot in that house he wouldn't be able to see Jackson for another two weeks.

Unbuckling his seatbelt Jackson stretched over and kissed Mark slowly on his lips before pulling away.

"I should get going I'll talk to you later."

Jackson nodded and drove off, leaving Mark to walk towards his house alone. He walked up the steps to his front porch and took a deep breath before he unlocked the door and step inside his home.

Mark didn't expect much when he walked into his house. Joey would probably be upstairs in his room playing his videogames, and his parents in the living room watching movies. But, he wouldn't have imagined his parents yelling at his younger brother. Joey had never been yelled at nor severely disciplined by his parents this was all a first.

"What's going on?"

The yelling had stopped and everyone's attention focused on Mark for a few minutes. No one had even heard him come in nor walk into the living room.

Mrs. Tuan released a deep sign and rubbed her temples, trying her hardest to calm down. She pulled out several cigarettes and a lighter from her pocket and showed them to Mark.

"I found these in Joey's dresser after his father caught him smoking in the backyard a few minutes ago."

Mark was frozen in his place, those cigarettes came from his pack that he thought he hid well in his room and that lighter also belonged to him. When did Joey even go in his room? How long has been stealing his cigarettes? What else had he been stealing out of his room? Thousands of questions were spiraling through his mind and he was now getting a headache.

Mr. Tuan eyed him suspiciously when he noticed how Mark wouldn't make eye contact with anyone. "Did you know anything about this?"

Mark looked over at his brother Joey who looked at Mark wide eyed and shaking his head at his brother.

"No. No I-I didn't know anything about that."

"See honey, I told you Mark had nothing to do with this." Mrs. Tuan squeezed her son's shoulder and sent him on his way.

Mark walked up the stairs towards his bedroom and the pain of guilt was pounding in his chest. 

 


 

Sorry it took longer than usual for this chapter to come out but I've been running low on ideas for this fic and suggestions would be very useful for me to update quicker.