Chapter 7

Just Go With It

 

 

It was around eight in the morning when Jackson finally woke up from his slumber. The sun was now rising slowly and its rays still seeped through Jackson's curtains and managed to hit him directly in the face. 

Jackson slowly got up from his bed and stretched his limbs a bit. The pounding feeling in his head caused him to groan loudly and the poor boy almost lost his balance. All he could remember from last night was being at Mark's house, Mark's father yelling at them for something so small. What slightly pissed him off was the fact that Mark didn't even stand up for either of them. As soon as his dad spoke he shut down and agreed with his father that he needed to leave. What happen to the Mark that didn't care about his parents? He preferred the Mark that snuck out the house just to be with him, the one who stayed up until four in the morning just to talk to him. Jackson just wanted to be with around Mark all the time. He usually loved sleeping alone but Mark was changing things and Jackson wasn't too sure how he felt about that. He wanted to wrap his arms around him and hold him tight and never let go but Jackson knew deep down that Mark was too good for him. 

Stretching for the last time, he walked towards his bathroom and decided to prepare for his uneventful day. He would obviously rather stay home for the day but he needed to just get this summer school thing over with already and part of him wanted to see Mark. Just a tiny part of him but he wouldn't admit it. 

After he finished with his cold shower, he walked over to his closet planning to wear his favorite sweatshirt. But, after a few minutes of searching he couldn't even find it. Running his hands through his wet hair he was growing irritated. He searched one last time for it and froze when he remember where it was. 

Mark. He let him have it.

Why would he even let Mark have it? That sweatshirt seemed so insignificant when he gave it away but it held valuable memories and had worth. His father had given it to him as a present before he left.

Sighing loudly to himself he searched through his closet looking for something else to wear. Once he was finished he walked down the stairs towards his kitchen. As usual his mother wasn't even home to make him breakfast or even see him off to school. Looking through his refrigerator he grabbed the milk and found cereal in the cupboard. Cold cereal in morning was his usual meal in the mornings. He wondered if Mark had large meals with his family often. Mark's mother probably cooked and smiled warmly at her sons while his father read the daily newspaper like the typical tv families. Their house was probably always filled with constant noise and chatter while Jackson's was always quiet. His father was no longer around and his mother often busied herself with work to distract herself from her good for nothing son at home. Jackson hated to admit this but he was alone, all the ing time.

When he finished his breakfast he placed his bowl and spoon in the sink and grabbed his car keys from the counter. He walked over to the front door and before he got a chance to open to the door he noticed a bright yellow sticky note on the door.

"Won't be home tonight, work

-Mom"

Jackson rolled his eyes and smirked as he opened his front door. Why did she even waste her time writing that? She's never home in the first place so why would she take her time to write him a note? He's used to her not being around and doesn't need a small note to remind him. Trying to relax he turned his radio on as soon as he got into his car. The car ride to the school to surprisingly filled with the younger thinking about Mark. Did his parent's ground him again? Give him so long ridiculous lecture that they shouldn't be together? Would he listen to them? He wasn't really wasn't mentally prepared if Mark left. If someone else left him.

He brushed those negative thoughts away and parked his vehicle into the school's parking lot and pulled his keys out of the ignition. He grabbed his book bag from the passenger seat and made his way out the car. As he walked over to the school building he could see Jaebum and a couple of their friends on the steps talking to one another. When Jackson got closer to the group, Jaebum was the first to notice him and waved at him to come sit with for a while. Class started in another forty minutes and he needed to waste time. Their conversation consisted of everyone's planes for the upcoming weekend, Jackson learned there were multiple parties going to happen and he was inviting to all of them as usual. He tried his best to surround himself with as much people as possible but he wasn't too sure if he even wanted to do anything this weekend.

"Isn't that your boyfriend?"

One of his friends said and a couple of them chuckled.

Jackson looked over to where they boy was pointing and indeed saw Mark pulling up in his father's car. He watched as they talked briefly before Mark got out of the car and walked towards them. Jackson didn't fail to notice that instead of driving off as usual Mark's dad parked in the parking lot.

When Mark reached closer and began to walk up the steps, Jackson's heart began to beat so fast he felt as if he would vomit. He stared at Mark hoping the boy would make some sort of eye contact with him or smile in his direction, any sort of sign that everything was alright. But, he didn't. Instead he walked straight ahead passed Jackson and all his friends. Jackson continued to watch Mark walk away until the boy disappeared into the school building.

"What's up with him?" Jaebum asked quietly just to Jackson hoping no one else heard his question.

Jackson didn't even answer his fried instead he grabbed his book bag and run up the remaining steps to the school building to catch up with Mark. He saw Mark stop at the water fountain and Jackson took this opportunity run towards Mark before he walked off again. Mark wiped the corner of his mouth to remove the excess water. He nearly choked when he saw how close Jackson was to him.

"You're ignoring me now?"

"I can't talk to you." 

Mark said as he began to walk away towards his classroom but Jackson grabbed his hand pulled him back.

"Why not?"

"My parents don't us to be hanging out together."

"I thought you stopped caring about what they thought?"

"They're my parents Jackson. I have to listen to them sometime."

"So we're done then?"

Mark sighed. He just wanted to walk away and get to class but the look on Jackson's face made his heart ache.

"I didn't say that. I just have to do right with my dad for a little while."

"What does that even mean?"

"I mean I can't let my dad see us together or even think we're still seeing each other. My dad is really on my case now."

"But can I still see you?"

"I'll try to sneak out and see you but we can't talk before school and after school or he'll really lose it. Is that okay?"

"I guess."

"Jackson don't pout."

"I'm not pouting!"

Mark smiled and held in a laugh. He leaned in a bit and kissed Jackson right on the lips. Mark just wanted to give him a short kiss but Jackson pulled him in for more. Jackson's were still soft and he could still the alcohol from last night on his tongue. Mark really hated how addicting everything about Jackson was. Pulling away from Jackson he kissed him one more time and smiled before walking off to class, leaving Jackson alone in the hallway breathless.

 


 

Around one in the morning, Jackson found it difficult to hide the smile on face. Not only was Mark Tuan in his presence but he was in Jackson's room, in his arms. They both laid on Jackson's bed quietly but Mark was laid on Jackson's chest and stared out of the window in his own little world. Jackson stared up at cieling perfectly content with everything. In one hand he held his joint which he would pass to Mark every so often and with his other hand he rubbed the lower region of Mark's back which happen to be the same area where his shirt rode up just a bit and exposed a piece of skin.

"Is there is reason your dad is never home?" Mark asked quietly as he passed the joint back to Jackson.

Jackson didn't really want to answer but he guessed Mark deserved to know something about him even if it was this. He took a deep enhale from his joint and passed it back to Mark before he spoke.

"He died."

Mark quickly got up from his position on Jackson's chest and stared at the boy with concern in his eyes.

"Are you serious? I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. He died a while ago."

"How? If you don't mind me asking."

"Can you lay back down first?"

Mark did as he was told.

"He was sick for a really long time and I guess it was his time to go."

"Is he the one that thought you how to fence?"

"Now how do you know I fence?"

"I saw the pictures and trophies downstairs."

Jackson just nodded his head.

"Then why did you stop?"

"After my dad died I started drinking and doing dumb with my friends and didn't really go to practice anymore. I think they kicked me out or I left, I don't remember."

"Would you ever fence again?"

"No."

"Why not? You were so good."

"Can we not talk about this please."

Jackson finished up the last bit of the blunt before tossing it into a nearby ashtray. He changed their position so Jackson was now spooning Mark and he was now perfectly comfortable.

"I have to go home soon you know?"

"I know just don't leave me yet."

"Jackson."

"I'll take you home soon, just go with it."

 


I might do a time skip the next chapter and I hope you guys enoyed this update!