Chapter 10

Just Go With It

 

 

It was around three in the afternoon when Mark decided to call his friend Jinyoung, just to pass the time. His parents were out of town on their yearly anniversary trip and that left Joey and Mark alone in their house for a week. It had already been a month and Joey still wasn't speaking to Mark after that incident. He felt horrible about not having his younger brother's back, but if he had confessed to anything his parents would have made a connection to Jackson. That would have led into a long lecture from both parents and being grounded once again, he couldn't risk that. Being grounded meant no Jackson and no Jackson meant sneaking around again and lying just to see the said boy.

Jinyoung's loud rambling brought Mark back from his thoughts, he wasn't really paying attention to what his friend was saying instead he was thinking about Jackson. He asked him to come over and even told him his parents were gone, but he still hasn't responded to his text. Was he hung over from whatever he did last night or is he too busy hanging out with Jaebum? Speaking of Jaebum, Mark began to wonder how things were going with him and Jinyoung.

"Are you guys like a thing now?" Mark said cutting his best friend off from whatever he was rambling about.

"That was really random Mark, you didn't even let me finish.."

"Just answer the question. I'm curious."

"Well he did meet my mom so I guess things are getting pretty serious."

"He met your mom?"

"Yeah! My mother loves him, and she's always asking if he can come over for dinner."

"I'm so jealous Jinyoung, my mother would never say that."

"They still hate him?"

"Unfortunately, but at least they don't know we're together anymore and I have my freedom. Get this, they went out of town for the week and I have the house all to myself."

"You lucky bastard! When can I come over?"

"You can't come over."

"Why not? We could hang out and stuff."

"I know, but I asked Jackson to coming over."

The line went silent for a second before Jinyoung spoke again, gathering his thoughts.

"Are you guys gonna-"

"No! Joey is still in the house with me."

"Calm down. I was just pointing out the obvious. You guys have been together for a while now I just kind of assumed."

"Yeah well that's not happening. He's s-"

The knock on Mark's bedroom door interrupted his conversation with Jinyoung, he really didn't want to go into his nonexistent life with his friend. Mark told him a quick "I'll call you back later", before hanging up and opening his door.

Joey was standing there both hands in his pockets obviously uncomfortable and still angry at Mark. Joey was all dressed up in clothes he was certain his mother never brought for him.

"I'm going to hang out with some friends and I'll be home later on tonight."

"No you're not going anywhere. I clearly remember mom saying you can't leave the house."

Joey rolled his eyes, his irritation for his older brother slowly building.

"So you can bring your boyfriend over, but I can't hang out with my friends for a few hours."

"How do you know about that?"

"These walls are pretty thin."

Mark squinted his eyes at his brother as he grew aware as to what was going on?

"What's your proposition then?"

"You don't tell our parents I left the house and I won't tell them you're still seeing Jackson."

Every fiber in Mark's being told him not to agree to this and something was off about the situation, but he ignored his gut just because he really needed to see Jackson.

"Fine. Just promise me you'll be safe."

"Whatever." With that Joey walk down the stairs and walked right out the front door.

Mark sighed loudly and closed his bedroom door, he knew Joey was pissed at him and ignoring him but had that much changed in his brother in just a month?  Joey was never like this and something was up, Mark just needed to figure out what. Before, he could even continue to think about his brother his cell phone vibrated. He quickly ran over to his dresser and read his new text message.

I'll be there

Three. It only took three words from Jackson to make him forget about everything. He no longer cared about Joey,his parents or that upcoming math test. All he cared about was the fact that Jackson was coming over. He walked over to his mirror and finger combed his once messy hair, he even changed his shirt a few times just to ensure he looked decent. He went downstairs and even fixed the living room up a bit even though he knew Jackson would mess it up again. It only took a few seconds for the door bell to ring and Mark couldn't hide his excitement, his palms were sweaty and he kept messing with his already fixed hair. He finally opened his front door and meet eyes with his goofy smiling boyfriend.

"Took you that long just to answer the door."

Instead of thinking of some ridiculous excuse Mark just smiled and pulled Jackson in for a kiss.

It didn't take long for both Mark and Jackson to end up sloppily and eagerly kissing each other on the once cleaned living room couch. Jackson seemed to already be tipsy and Mark was trying his hardest just to catch up with him. Jackson's hands were dangerously moving down on Mark's somewhat exposed torso, Mark really had no intentions of stopping him and was thoroughly enjoying the feeling of Jackson on his neck and grabbing him through his now tight jeans.

Jackson finally pulled away from Mark, staring him in the eyes while trying to fish for something in his pocket. After struggling for a few more seconds Jackson finally pulled out a , as if asking Mark for permission. Mark wasn't sure if it was the alcohol getting to him but he found himself nodding without much thought and kissing Jackson again. He removed himself from underneath the boy and grabbed his hand, leading him to his bedroom for something he hoped he wouldn't regret.

 


 

When Joey unlocked his front door he really expected Mark to yell at him for coming home at this ungodly hour. Yet, when he walked through the door his house was silent. The living room was dark, but he could still see the bottles of his dad's alcohol on the floor and someone's leather jacket on the floor. He grabbed a bottle for himself and made his way upstairs, following the only light that was radiating from Mark's room. The door was slightly cracked open and Joey might as well turn off his brother's light before his parents complained about an increase in the light bill. He opened the bedroom door and nearly vomited at the sight. There were clothes scattered on the bedroom floor and in the bed laid Mark with Jackson's arm wrapped around his waist, both of them sleeping peacefully. This was just too perfect. Joey held in his urge to vomit and pulled out his cell phone, snapping at least two pictures of the couple laying in bed together. He smiled to himself and quickly shut off the light and closing the door, happily making his way to his bedroom. Payback was indeed a .

 


 

 

 

 

HELLO! I know you guys are all pissed but I was on vacation for the longest so that's partly why I haven't updated. During my vacation I dislocated my toe (which hurt like a ) so that really putt this story on hold but I am back..kinda. Senior year starts next week thursday so I'll try to get as many chapters out as possible (hopefully) before then. Anyways thank you all for the upvotes and subscriptions and comments they all seriously keep me motivated and I hope you all enjoyed the long awaited chapter!..oh and I really at writing so I just skipped it don't kill me