Chapter 13

Just Go With It

 

"Hey Mark, it's Jackson again. This is like the eighth time I've called you and you still aren't picking up. You won't respond to my texts either and I'm not really sure what's going on. Please just pick up the phone and talk to me. I miss you. I love you."

Jackson sighed for the umpteenth time and ended the call. It's been about week since he last spoke to Mark which was weird since they normally spoke to each other every minute of the day. The last time they were together he thought they had a great time from what he could remember,which was very little. But, he knew they had a great time which is normal when they're together.

The longer he laid in bed the more he began to think about the activities he enjoyed when Mark was around. From Mark laughing at his stupid jokes to Mark wrapping his long legs around Jackson's waist begging him to go dee-

An obnoxious knock interrupted his thoughts and Jackson rolled his eyes as he adjusted his pants to answer his door. When he opened his bedroom door, his mother stood there in her expensive pants suit and scowl on her face.

"Are you just going to stay in bed all day? Don't you have something productive to do today? Homework? College Applications?"

"I don't have any homework." Jackson said as he tried to close his door, but his mother's foot kept in open.

"Of course you don't have any homework. Your school called me last week, they explained to me how you haven't been to school in the past two months. What's up with that Jackson? At this rate you're going to have to retake some of your classes in summer school. Do you really want to be in summer school for your senior year?"

Jackson looked at mother with zero interest or concern. Summer school didn't even sound bad knowing that Mark would probably be there too and that's all that really mattered.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Yeah...kinda."

Taking a deep breathe Mrs. Wang continued to speak to Jackson in the most irritated tone of voice possible. Jackson knew he was testing her last nerve but honestly didn't really care.

"What are you going to do about college? Don't even think about dropping out because that's not even an option. I just want you to do better, you're capable of much more. What would your father say if-"

"Don't even bring him up right now." Jackson said cutting his mother off and he was about five seconds away from slamming the door in her face.

"Honey I don't want to see you continue to go down this path much less drag someone down with you."

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me. That boy you bring home almost every night and drag him in your room when you think I'm sleeping. He looks like such a smart boy don't bring him down with you."

Jackson stared at his mother blankly, not really sure of what to say next. He felt trapped in a corner with no way out. Doing what he knew best he decided to leave. He brushed passed his mother and ran down the stairs, leaving his house. Ignoring his mother's calls of 'where he was going'. He just needed to get out she obviously didn't know what she was talking about. Of course Mark was a smart boy but that didn't mean he was dragging him down with him. Mark made his own decisions and choose to be with Jackson no one forced him to do anything.

He needed to get away for a while.

He needed to see Mark Tuan.

Pulling out his keys for his car he decided to make his way over to his house.

After a short drive he parked across the street from Mark's house, just in case his parents were home and exiting his car. Walking up thhe front steps he rung the doorbell, which he instantly regretted when he heard Mark's father's voice. He turned around getting ready run back to his car, but the front door had already opened.

"Jackson? What are you doing here?"

By the grace of God it was Mark who had opened the door not his parents. He released a sigh of relief and faced Mark with a bright smile on his face. He noticed Mark didn't have his hair spiked up the way he knew Jackson liked instead it laid flat. His normal smiling face when he saw Jackson was now replaced with a confused one. Something wasn't right.

"I came to see you."

Mark quickly looked inside his house to make sure no one was eavesdropping and closed the door behind of him.

"You can't just show up like this Jackson."

"Why not? You haven't spoken to me in the past week with no explanation. I was so ing worried about you."

Jackson pulled Mark in close trying to kiss him on the lips but mostly getting his cheek due to Mark pulling away.

"What is wrong with you? Now you don't even want to kiss me?"

"We really need to talk."

"About what?!"

"About us."

"What's wrong us? Everything was going fine."

"No it wasn't. Nothing about "us" has ever been fine. This relationship was toxic from the start and it needs to stop. We shouldn't be together."

"You sound ridiculous. If you're father is making you do this then we can sneak around like we always did."

"He isn't making me do anything. I just realized that trying to please you I nearly lost my family and most importantly myself. I don't want to continue lying all the time and sneaking around. Relationships aren't suppose to be like that."

"I've never made you do anything you didn't want to do. You knew exactly what you were getting into the moment you got in the car with me that day. I never hid who I was to you and you seemed to ing love it. But, if you want to break up with me then it I don't even care anymore. I should have known wasting eight months on a "saint" like you would be a waste of my time. Bye Mark."

Jackson walked off Mark's front porch and over to his car before driving off he looked back at the house and saw that Mark had went back inside.

' him I didn't need him anyway.' Jackson mumbled to himself as he drove off, looking for a party to attend perphaps.


When Mark walked back inside his home instead of a weight being lifted from his shoulder he felt empty inside. Cutting his ties with Jackson was suppose to make everything better but he felt worse.

Wiping away his tears with his t-shirt he took a deep breathe and walked back into the dinning room where his family was having dinner.

"Who was at the door?" Mr. Tuan asked after he finished drinking his water.

"Just a friend."

"What friend?"

Before Mark was even able to answer his mother responded instead.

"He was talking to a friend let's just leave it at that."

"Okay but I was just curious as to who he was talking to for so long."

Mark waited for his mother to come to his rescue again, but instead she stayed silent curious as to his answer.

"I was um talking to Jackson."

Mr. Tuan's face instantly began to turn red and he was getting ready to yell at Mark about staying away from that delinquent, but Mark cut him off.

"We broke up." 

Mr. Tuan regained his composure and patted Mark on the back. Not realizing his oldest son was on the brink of tears once again. His mother and father seemed so proud that he finally gotten rid of that boy who was holding their son back.

He tried to look as if everything was fine but on the inside he knew he was slowly falling apart.

He needed to get over Jackson Wang fast before he pulled him back in again.

 

 

 

 

 


This update was quicker than expected but I'm glad you guys are still interested in this story. Anyways suggestions are very much needed for the last 2-3(?) chapters.