Chapter 15 (End)

Just Go With It

(a/n: oh my i accidently posted this when it wasn't finished but now its done enjoy reading)

 

 

Mark found himself laying on the cool sheets of his bed and relaxing in his warm room as the sweltering summer's sun was beating down through his bedroom window. Even with the curtains closed he could still feel the sun's merciless rays shinning through them. He his ceiling fan, but that lead to hot air being circulating throughout his room. After a while the heat began to dissipate when his father finally caved and the air conditioning.

He had asked his mother to get him a bottle of water so he can cool down even more and she was going to be upstairs any minute now.

"When are you going to start packing? You only have a few weeks left." Mark's mother asked as she walked into her son's room with a bottle of water in her hand.

Mark was so engrossed in his phone he didn't even hear his mother walk in until she was standing right in front of his bed. Finishing up his last text message he tossed his phone and looked up at his mother reaching out for the water bottle.

"I know I'll start this weekend I promise. I just been a little busy spending as much time with Jinyoung before he goes away to Washington."

"Washington? Why is going so far away I thought he wanted to stay close to home?"

"Yeah, but the University of Washington has a great art program and he loves it."

"Wow! You guys are really leaving the nest. Joey better stay close to home or I'm not going to know what to do."

"C'mon mom! Berkley is only six hours away and I'll visit often."

"Only six hours? You won't even visit your sister and she's only an hour away."

"That's different! She doesn't cook as well as you do."

Mrs. Tuan ly hit Mark on his shoulder pretending to be annoyed, but happy to know that at least her cooking would make her eldest son visit often. The pair sat in silence for a few minutes before his mother addressed the obvious elephant in the room.

"Where will Jackson be staying?"

"He sad he wanted to room with me, but a friend of his wants to room with him. I'm okay with whatever he chooses honestly. Just the fact that we're going to the same college is good enough for me." 

Mark was still unbelievable proud of Jackson for pulling through and graduated high school, besides the fact that it was during summer school it still held value that he prevailed and accomplished something nothing only for his parents or Mark, but for himself. Mark still gets a little teary eyed every time he remembers Jackson's name being called from the podium and his boyfriend walking across that stage.

"Whatever he decides to do will be a great decision, I'm glad you both get to experience the college life together. You'll have somebody to look out for you."

"Speaking of Jackson.."

"What?"

"I was wondering if I could go over to house tonight?"

Mrs. Tuan looked at him with that look. The look that clearly meant 'I want to say no but I know how much this means to you so I'm going to say yes and hopefully not regret it.'

"Sure. Just have fun and be home before midnight."

"Midnight?!" Joey yelled out as he walked into his brother's room. "How come Mark gets to come home so late but I have to be home by nine?"

"For starters Mark is eighteen years older and I trust him to make the right decisions. Unlike you who still forgets to wear a belt and your pants barely stay up on you."

"I don't forget! It's called style!"

"Says who? I don't want to hear it. Come let's leave Mark alone so he can start packing and let's fold some laundry?"

Joey groaned as his mother dragged him out of Mark's room towards the laundry room. Mark was glad that his duties were now Joey's, no more washing dishes or taking out the trash. Those responsibilities will move onto Joey once Mark leaves for college in a few weeks.

Now on to the packing.

 


 

After tapping up another box, Mark desperately needed to take a break. His room was almost empty now, the only thing he needed to pack away were his clothes and shoes, but he wanted to save that for last.

Getting up from his seated position, he grabbed his phone from his bed and checked the time.

5:13 pm

He tucked his phone into his pocket and begun looking for his shoes before heading down stairs. His father was in the living room reading the sport's section of his newspaper as usual while he mother watched her ridiculous romantic dramas on the television.

"Dad, can I borrow your car?"

"Where are you going?" 

"Jackson's house helping him pack and stuff."

"What kind of stuff? Is he mother going to be home too?"

"Oh gosh Raymond just let the boy go."

"Fine. Be safe and be home at a reasonable hour."

Mark silently thanked his mother and grabbed the car keys off the shelf. He was about to walk out the front door when his father's voice stopped him.

"Tell Jackson I said hi."

Mark looked at his father in slight confusion, but his face quickly relaxed when he remembered everyone was on good terms now. He nodded at his father and made his way towards the car. Once he strapped himself in he made his way towards Jackson's house. It was strange being openly able to hang out with his boyfriend. Mark was so accustomed to sneaking around and lying about his whereabouts, but now his parents actually liked Jackson to the point where they even showed up to his graduation where was strange. Five months ago if someone would have told him, his father and Jackson would get along he would have laughed in their face.

It's insane to think it only took one simple dinner conversation to get them to finally get along. With Mrs.Tuan it wasn't difficult all Jackson said was he loved her cooking and she spontaneously forget about any horrid deeds he committed in the past and wanted him over for dinner every night. While Mark's father wasn't so lenient. When Jackson tried to compliment him, the elder would brush it off and just stare at him intensely. Mark still feels uncomfortable thinking about the look his father gave Jackson that night. Yet, once Jackson sincerely apologized and explained to him that he only wanted the best for Mark and he loved his son, Mr. Tuan saw how sincere he was and accepted his apologize, kind of. 

He still didn't like when the two boys were home alone and he especially hated when Jackson drove his car even if it was to take Joey and Mark somewhere, he barely even trusted Mark driving his car. Compared to where they were five months ago, this was still consider an improvement.

After his quick fifteen minute drive, he pulled into Jackson's driveway. Both Jackson and his mother's car was in the driveway.

Mark climbed out of the car and rung the doorbell twice. 

Mrs. Wang opened the door with his cell phone to her ear and mouthed a 'hello' to Mark let him inside. She pointed up the stairs letting Mark know where Jackson was.

As he walked up the stairs he could already hear the loud rap music coming from Jackson's room. He opened the door and music seemed to even louder and Jackson didn't even realized Mark was in the room with him. Too busy bopping his head to the music and tossing his items into his boxes marked "College!!". Mark decided to use this opportunity to sneak up on his 'tough' boyfriend and grabbed him from behind with no warning. Jackson jumped and screamed over the music before punching Mark in the shoulder when he realized it was him.

"That wasn't funny." Jackson said irritated as he turned off his music.

"That was hilarious! I don't think I've ever heard you scream like that ever." 

Mark laid on Jackson's bed as he slowly recovered from his laughing fit.

"Aren't you suppose to be helping me pack?"

"You seem to have it under control."

"Then why come over?"

"I just wanted to get out the house for a while."

Jackson laied on his bed too now facing Mark, concern written all over his face.

"Something going on at home? Is your dad being a dad again?"

"No it's not that. I just really wanted to see you."

"It's been what? Two days?"

"Three days actually."

"Wow Mark missing me? Are pigs flying?"

"You're so annoying."

"But you missed me?"

"I missed you not your sass." Mark poked at Jackson's chest as he said this.

Jackson began to plant kisses all over Mark's face and pull the older boy on top of him.

"I missed your cheeks. I missed your chin. I missed your right eyebrow. I missed your neck."

Mark hated to admit that he was actually enjoying the attention.

"I missed your thighs." Jackson grabbed onto them tightly and Mark's face was heating up.

"Stop. Your mother is right downstairs."

"What does that even mean?"

"It means no."

It'll be quick I promise you."

"Jackson no. C'mon let's pack."

Mark climbed off of Jackson and his bed and mindlessly tossed things into a box.

"Aren't you gonna help me?"

"Nope."

Jackson even took out his cell phone and scrolled through his social media feed ignoring Mark in the process.

"If you help me I'll take to go see that dum- I mean funny movie you've wanted to see."

"Did you say it was 'dumb'?"

"Just go with it! Do you want to see it or not?"

"That's all you really had to say." 

"I can't believe I put up with you."

"I love you too Mark."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I started this story during the summer of 2014 and its crazy to see how far I've gone with it and I'm glad you guys stood by me despite not having regular updates. This is story is something I'm really proud of because I normally never finish my fics and if I do the ending are eh but this one I took my time with writing and I'm happy with the results. I hope you guys enjoyed this long ride and read my other fics as well. Thank you all for the comments,subscribers, and upvotes they mean a lot to me! Have a great day/night guys!

( I'm sorry it took SO long for me to get this chapter up. I was planning on having this done by last month (lol) but school got in the way. Now that it's May and (I'm graduating in 42 more days!!) school is slowly coming to a close I will have time to update my others stories that you guys have been patiently waiting for!)