Chapter 12

Just Go With It

 

 

By the time intoxicated Jackson had fallen asleep, the time was now 4:09 am.

Mark stared at his phone in disbelief and bit his bottom lip anxiously. He had already listened to the voicemails his mother left for him, they went from her voice sounding frantic as if she was fighting tears to her yelling through the phone in complete rage with his father trying to calm her down in the background. He even received a few messages from Jinyoung asking him where he was.

Running his fingers through his hair and his teeth loudly. Things were getting better for him, his mother and father finally didn't look at him as if he was such a disappointment or a lost cause. Instead he made them smile whenever he brought up passing an exam or applying to another college. Now that was all over because he listened to a smooth talking brown eyed boy that his father told him to stay away from since day one. Yet, he didn't listen so caught up in his own ual frustration he ignored everyone thinking he knew what he was doing.

Gathering his discarded clothes from the ground, he begun to dress himself. He nearly cried out as he pulled his jeans over his sore legs. As he pulled his shirt over his head he was glad it covered up some of neck to hide some of the marks Jackson had left over his neck area. Once he was finished he turned around to Jackson still sound asleep in his bed, smile on his face even in his sleeping form.

Well at least he had a great time.

They would need to have a long talk after they had both sobered up. Mark knew Jackson wouldn't be happy about the conversation topic, but Mark knew if he continues getting in trouble his parents would kick him out.

Mark took one more look at Jackson before exiting his room and soon walking out the front door.

When he walked outside he didn't expect it to be raining so harshly early in the morning. He put his hood over his head and walked over to his car. Driving his way home in the harsh weather.


Mark stood outside his house for few minutes contemplating if he should just run over to Jinyoung's house rather than walk in through the front door. He couldn't even conjure up a lie in the little time he had driving home. Maybe telling the truth would ease his punishment. Just maybe.

Walking up the front steps he pulled his keys out and unlocked his front door. All the lights were on and soft chattering could be heard from his living room. Mark took off his muddy sneakers and took off his soaked hoodie. He followed the noise and he could feel his heart thumping in his throat. It was now or never.

Once his face was in view all the talking stopped and a gasped came out of his mother's mouth as she placed her cup of tea on the coffee table.

Surveying the room he saw his father and Joey sitting together staring at Mark knowingly while Jinyoung and his mother continued to stare at him in disbelief. 

No one seemed to speak at first and the room stayed completely still. Mark was afraid to breath too hard in fear that might cause an negative reaction out of someone.

His father was the one to finally break the silence, getting up from his position next to Joey he approached Mark with his arms crossed.

"You reek of smoke and beer, you know that?"

Mark stayed silent and just nodded slowly.

"It's five in the morning and you finally decide to grace us with your presence?"

Mark continued to stay silent waiting for his father to explode.

"I wanted to believe you were actually at Jinyoung's house, since that's the only place you could possibly be right? Then Joey comes along explaining you could be at Jackson's house. I laughed at him telling him you and that boy no longer "hung out". Until he showed us a picture of you in bed with this boy and it gets better. He continues to tell us the amount of times Jackson has been in this house when we weren't home. When we thought we could trust you to be here alone with your brother and no one else."

Mr. Tuan's face had turned a bright red out of his frustration towards his oldest son. Before Mark had a chance to speak again his father cut him off.

"Mark tell me he was lying? Look me in the eyes and tell me your brother made all that up and none of it is true. Tell me you have no idea what I'm talking about!"

Mark looked up at his father teary eyed, and just nodded his head afraid to even speak.

Mr. Tuan must have ultimately lost it and brought his hand up slapping him with all his force trying to discipline his son in the only plausible way he knew.

The house became silent once again and every stared at Mark once again. His father brushed passed him making his way upstairs, needing space away from Mark before he hit him again.

Mark brought his hand towards his now bruised cheek in complete shock that his father had even raised a hand at him. Besides that he was ing pissed at his brother for exposing him and Jackson. Yes, Mark wanted his parents to know but he wanted to be the one to tell them not Joey.

"Why would you tell them?" Mark yelled over at Joey who was sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone, not even paying any attention to Mark.

"Don't ignore me Joey!" 

Slapping the phone out of his brothers hand, Mark had gained his younger brother's attention.

"They were going to find out regardless so drop the act and plus we were all worried about yo-"

Before Mark could even punch Joey his mother pulled him back.

"Don't speak to your brother that way. We were all worried about you thinking something horrible had happened to you. Especially when we called Jinyoung and he had know idea you were suppose to be coming over. We sat around the phone calling any and everyone we could think you would be with, and yes Joey brought to our attention that you were with Jackson but he was trying to help." Ms. Tuan tried to explain to Mark as she cupped his face, rubbing his bruised cheek at the same time.

"It's been a long night for all of us so let's all get to bed."

Jinyoung walked over to Mark and gave him quick hug and a weak smile before leaving.

Joey and Mark walked upstairs towards their room but Mark's mother's voice stopped him.

He looked down the steps and faced his mother.

"I'm still disappointed in you. I thought you changed."

"I will change, this will be the last time I promise."

 

 


 its been so long and im so sorry you guys had to wait forever for me to update!