Chapter 14

Just Go With It

 

 

It wouldn't be an exaggeration for Jaebum to say his best friend was miserable. 

They were both invited to one of those "parents aren't home so everyone is invited over" party. The music was blasting loudly, lot's of sweaty dancing bodies with red cups all over the house. Typical party scene, but for the past two hours Jaebum had agonizingly watched Jackson drink himself into oblivion. A few times he did try to pry the bottles out of his hands but that lead to Jackson yelling at him and accusing him of not letting him enjoy himself for once. Truth be told Jaebum felt bad for his friend and let him "enjoy himself" or drink until he forgot the real reason why he picked up the bottle in the first place, but enough was enough. Jackson could barely stand on his own two feet and began drunkenly flirting with any and everyone near him. It started with him pulling some dark haired sophomore into his lap, and whispering real close into his ear. When the young boy showed no obvious interest in Jackson, he moved on to a girl that was standing alone near the kitchen with a drink in her hand.

Jackson's flirtatious charm seemed to work with this girl because within a matter in seconds they were kissing each other. The scene became uncomfortable to watch especially when Jaebum noticed the girl was more sober than Jackson and obviously taking advantage of him. Placing his own cup on a table, Jaebum maneuvered his way through the crowd of teens with a lot of pushing involved.

When he made his way over to Jackson, he pulled his best friend a way from the girl he was once kissing.

"It's time for us to go c'mon."

Jackson pulled himself away from Jaebum's grip.

"I'm not going anywhere. We just got here."

"You're a drunken mess you need to go before you make a fool out of yourself."

Before Jackson could respond back, he hunched down into the kitchen sink and threw up all the contents in his stomach.Jaebum quickly got a cloth and wiped Jackson's mouth. The girl that he was just kissing was now pushing past them with  a look of disgust. Jaebum slung Jackson's right arm over his shoulder and they quickly made their way out the house before people could ask question. It took him a few minutes but Jaebum finally found Jackson's car and safely placed his friend into the passenger seat and buckling his seatbelt. Jackson leaned on the glass and quickly fell asleep while Jaebum wasn't too sure on where they could go. Jackson's house was a definite no being that his mother was home and it was going on two in the morning. Bringing him home would result in even more problem. Jaebum couldn't take him to his own house because his parents would mostly likely call Jackson's mother and Jaebum would get in trouble himself. He only had one other option.He buckled in his own seatbelt and placed the key into the ignition, now making his way through towards a familiar neighborhood. 

 


 

Jaebum parked in the driveway and thank god no other cars were there, meaning the owner's parent's weren't home while the lights could still be seen indicating that someone was home. Once he got out of the car, he made his way around to help Jackson. He was slowly coming to his senses when the fresh air hit him, but within a few seconds he was stumbling up the front steps and attempting to speak to Jaebum in his slurred speech. Jaebum grew slightly irritated the more Jackson spoke he hated taking care of him when he was like this, hopefully he could just sleep it off and back to normal in the morning. 

Jaebum rung the doorbell twice and waited for a response.

The door's handle began to turn and the door was now wide open.

"Mind if we crash here for the night?"

Jinyoung smiled and moved to let Jaebum until he noticed Jackson leaning on his shoulder.

"You can come in, but I'm not too sure if Jackson is welcomed."

"Why not?" It'll only be for a few hours then we're both gone I promise."

"It's not me it's just that Mark is here and he definitely doesn't want to see him."

"Mm-Mark is here?" Jackson asked as he pushed passed Jinyoung and walked into his house.

Mark walked out of the kitchen with his eyes wide knowing he had recognized the voice that was calling out to him, eyeing Jackson up and down in complete confusion.

"Mark!"

"What are you doing here? Jinyoung did you invite him here?"

"No no. I brought Jackson here. We both got a little drunk at a party and we needed somewhere to stay for the night." Jaebum quickly said coming to his boyfriend's rescue.

"Oh s-so now we can't be in the same room together huh?"

"...Jackson we broke up months ago why would I want to see you?"

"I don't know to see how am I? Check up on me."

Jackson staggered closer to Mark and grabbed his face between his two hands.

"I missed you so much. I called you a bunch of times just to hear your voice on the voicemail. I wanted to text you but I knew you wouldn't respond, I mi- I love you so ing much M-."

The liquor he had drunk before was finally catching up to him, he tried to suppress the urge to vomit but he couldn't hold back. He let go of Mark and made his way towards Jinyoung's bathroom.

Mark looked over to where Jaebum and Jinyoung were standing and received a nod from both of them before he followed Jackson towards the bathroom, closing the door behind of him.

Jackson was already cleaning himself up, seeming to sober up a bit as he splashed his face with cold water. Mark cleared his throat letting Jackson know he was in there with him.

"Sorry for all that it was just the alcohol talking I know you didn't want to hear all that."

Mark nodded.

"I came to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine."

"-and to let you know, I felt the same way."

"What?"

"I missed you too Jackson."

"You don't have to say all that to make me fell better or something."

"No, it's true. After we broke up nothing was the same anymore. I regret lashing out on you like that, I was just angry and stupid. I wanted to call you too, but you seemed to be having fun going to all those parties and such. I  thought you forgot about me."

"Mark I love more than I love myself, how could I forget you. Trust me I tried."

There was a silence between them and niether of them moved waiting for the other to do or say anything. 

Mark was the first to break the silence.

"I wish we could start over."

"Why don't we?"

"Because we ould have to sneak around again and I really don't want to piss my parents off with the few months I have left with them."

"I'll change then. I'll graduate from high school and go to one of those local colleges and even quit drinking. If that's what I have to do for us to get back together."

"I don't want you to change who you are for me."

"It's not for you it's for me,my mom, and even my dad. It's for the best."

The gap that was between them was almost gone with Jackson's chest pressing against Mark's. Mark leaned in a bit further for their noses to touch and soon their lips.

"I think their about to kiss." said a mumfled voice from behind the door.

"Stop eavesdropping!" both Mark and Jackson yelled at the door.

"Sorry!"

 

 


im not really sure if i liked this. i re-wrote it a few times but i guess i'll just keep it like this? this was going to be the last chapter but being that i dont really like it i'll do one last chapter for you guys! AND thank you so much for the 300+ subscribers i never really thought people would be so interested in this story but thank you so much for the comments+upvotes and overall support!!