[namjin] - step brother

Bangtan Oneshot / Drabble Fics Collection

title: step brother

pairing: namjoon / seokjin ; jimin / jungkook

word count: 2168

genre: romance, fluff, family!au

rating: G

summary: jungkook doesn’t like his step brother

note: big thank you to juv for helping me c: // crossposted to livejournal

 

 

“Namjoon-ah, I’m sorry.” Seokjin’s burst out into tears as he buried his face onto Namjoon’s chest, hand gripping the pregnancy test pack which only showed one red line. Namjoon noticed the noticeable one red line and he didn’t say anything but hugged his husband. “I’m so sorry.”
 
“It’s okay.” Namjoon said softly as he rubbed Seokjin’s back to calm him down. They entered their third year of their marriage but yet Seokjin still failed to give a birth to their first child. But Namjoon didn’t see it as a failure, he only had a mindset that the time wasn’t right yet while Seokjin constantly thinks that he failed Namjoon as he wasn't able to give what Namjoon deserves. But Namjoon only shushes him with a kiss and reassures him again. One day they could have a child, he believed that. “I have an idea.”
 
Namjoon wiped the brunette’s tears away with a smile, telling him that he wasn’t angry or sad. “I have an idea.” He said. “Let’s adopt a child.”
 
“Adopt?” Seokjin showed him a puzzled face. He still couldn’t register fully what Namjoon meant.
 
“Yeah, adopt.” He stated. “You said you always want a son, right? Then let’s adopt a son.”
 
“But Namjoon-ah…”
 
“It’s okay.” He pulled the elder into a hug. “We still could have a son.”
 
 -
 
The married couple watched as some kids ran and played around in the colorful playground inside the orphanage. Seokjin felt bad for them, seeing those kids still smiling even though their parents have abandoned them. If he could take care of all kids, he would gladly do it.
 
“Do you have someone in mind?”
 
Seokjin smiled slightly at his husband and pointed to three little boys who were playing with each other happily. “One of them, but what do you think we should adopt Namjoon? Do you have someone in mind too?" 
 
“Can you tell us about them? Like their name and age?” Namjoon asked the caretaker.
 
“The pale one is named Min Yoongi, he’s five years old.” The caretaker from the orphanage pointed to a pale boy who was busy playing with a toy guitar and he flashed a cute gummy smile when the caretaker pointed a finger towards him. “The boy who is playing with a horse plushy is named Jung Hoseok. He is four years old.” The four-year-old flashed a very happy smile towards the couple and Seokjin was mentally squealing inside. “The boy who dances together with Hoseok is named Park Jimin. He is three years old.”
 
“I like Jimin.” Seokjin said with a very bright smile formed on his face. He was always like kids. Something about Jimin captivates him. “He has a cute eye-smiles.” He added. “What do you think, Namjoon-ah?”
 
“I like him too.” He wrapped his arm around his husband with a glad smile. He felt happy too when his husband was happy. “Let’s take him, then.”
 
Jimin cried when the caretaker said he's getting adopted because he knew it means he had to say goodbye to his very best hyungs, Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung. They’re Jimin’s closest friends.
 
Seokjin bit his lower lip with a sad face because Jimin was crying. He didn't like it when kids cried. He sighed and crouched down, leveling his height down to Jimin’s height. “You still can meet your friends, Jiminnie.” He said. “If you miss them, they can come to our home anytime.”
 
“We will come to your house, Jiminnie!” Hoseok beamed even though he felt a little sad too, but he knew if someone got parents, it meant happiness. “Now you have an appa and umma!”
 
“Really?” the youngest mumbled with a very cute voice and a pout resting on his lips. “They can come too, umma?”
 
“Yes, they can, Jiminnie.” This time Namjoon spoke and picked Jimin up gently. “Now, we will go to your new home, Jiminnie.”
 
“Good bye, Jiminnie.” Hoseok choked on his tears as his little fingers gripped his plushy lightly. “We will come to your house! Promise!” Yoongi added as he flashed his little pinky finger to Jimin sadly. “Bye Jiminnie.”
 
“Bye Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung.”
 
Now Park Jimin is officially Kim Jimin, Namjoon and Seokjin’s first son.
 
-
 
One year had passed and little Jimin adapted in the Kim family so well. But the first month was hard for Seokjin and Namjoon because Jimin couldn’t adapt in their family well. He kept crying and saying that he missed Hoseok hyung and Yoongi hyung but as time passed, Jimin adapted and became the heart of their little family.
 
Seokjin chuckled lightly as he noticed his four-year-old son struggling to climb onto the couch as his little fingers gripped the horse plushie given by his Hoseok hyung as a present tightly. He placed his book away and picked his son up, placing him on his thigh.
 
“Umma.” Seokjin replied with a hum as he pulled Jimin closer to him so his little back was resting on his tummy. “Where is appa?”
 
Seokjin smiled softly and pulled his son closer to him, burying his face to his son’s soft brown hair. “Appa is working in his room, Jiminnie.” He ruffled his son’s hair lightly. “You miss appa?”
 
Jimin nodded lightly as a response while playing with his horse plushie. “Can I go to appa’s room, umma?”
 
“Appa is working, Ji—“ Seokjin gasped as he felt a sudden weird wave gushing throughout his body, and it made him sick to the core. Jimin turned around and found his umma’s face was pale and being a smart kid, he got up and ran to his appa’s room while his umma ran to the bathroom.
 
-
 
Namjoon sighed in relief when the doctor said his husband was fine. He's just so afraid that something bad might happened to the person that he loved dearly. Jimin didn’t really understand what the doctor said at first. But seeing the smile upon his appa’s face, he knew that his umma is alright now.
 
“Appa, I want to talk to umma.”
 
Jimin’s appa picked him up gently and brought him to his umma who was lying down on the bed with a pale face. He felt really thankful to have a son like Jimin. Because of his son's quick reaction, he's fine now.
 
“Umma, are you okay?” Jimin looked at his mom worriedly but Seokjin just smiled weakly at his son. His fingers reached out to caress Jimin’s hair lightly just to making sure that he’s alright.
 
“Umma is okay, Jiminnie.” He answered. “You will have a little brother or sister soon, Jiminnie.”
 
“S-So, it means you’re pregnant?” Namjoon eyed him with a confused and surprised face. The doctor just told him that his husband is okay because Seokjin told the doctor not to tell Namjoon about this good news.
 
“Yeah. We have been waiting for this, right?”
 
Without words, Namjoon leaned closer and hugged his husband gently in happiness. “Finally. We have been waiting for this.” He said softly. “Jiminnie will have a little brother too. Thank you for everything, Seokjin-ah.”
 
-
 
“Jungkook-ah, don’t do that!” eight-year-old Jimin whined when his six-year-old little brother lightly slapped his hand when he tried to feed him a cookie. Jimin sighed as he retrieved his hand, staring at the now glaring Jungkook. It's been a while since Jungkook entered the family, but Jimin still couldn't get Jungkook to like him. The first two years of Jungkook's life went by peacefully with the maknae basking himself in all the love his hyung gives him. But as he grows older, Jungkook realizes how Jimin was snatching his parents attention away from him. Jungkook loved his parents, and he overheard his parents' conversation one night when he was having a bad dream. 
 
Apparently he wanted to sleep with his umma, but he overheard the conversation between his umma and appa. They were talking about bringing Jimin to visit the orphanage. When was his hyung in an orphanage? Being considered smart at his age, Jungkook caught on quickly and found out Jimin was adopted. This made Jungkook even more mad- he deserved all the love and attention from his parents even more then. Jungkook pushed Jimin away, doesn't call him hyung and kicks him when he has the chance. But Jimin never fails to smile at him and never fails to ruffle his hair with that stupid grin on his face. Jungkook wishes that he could rub that grin away with a punch, but his umma and appa was always there. He had to wait for them to be gone before he could do anything to Jimin. 
 
-
 
Turns out when they were left alone with each other, there was a Storm raging outside and Jungkook found himself shivering alone in the middle of his parents king sized bed. He had his bunny plushie clutched tightly to his chest and years were streaming freely down his face. His umma and appa were on a business meeting and Jungkook was sure they aren't coming back home any time sooner. 
 
"Umma.. Appa..." Jungkook sniffled as he let out a loud wail when another thunder was heard roaring. The door to the room creaked open slightly, making Jungkook jump up high in the air and causing a shriek to erupt from his throat. 
 
"Kookie?" Jimin's soft voice resonated throughout the room and Jungkook couldn't help but feel relieved. Someone was here with him. When Jimin got onto the bed, Jungkook was screaming and kicking at Jimin, shouting at him to leave him alone. But when another thunder sounded, he yelped and buried himself in Jimin's arms. The older boy was taken aback, he hadn't held Jungkook since a very long time and his brother just felt so squishy in his hold. Jimin cooed at Jungkook, hands wrapping themselves around Jungkook's small frame. The poor boy was shivering so hard Jimin thought he might break. He gently rocked Jungkook back and fro, trying to lure the younger one to sleep. But it simply couldn't work with Jungkook jumping every ten seconds due to the thunder clashing and wind howling outside. Jungkook's hold on Jimin's shirt tightened and Jimin was at lost of what to do. 
 
But somehow, Jimin remembered what his umma always does when he's scared; his umma sings. So Jimin settles on singing a song for Jungkook. The moment Jimin started singing, Jungkook could feel his fear slipping away bit by bit. Since when does his hyung have such a sweet voice? He didn't know why, but he's voice was almost as sweet as their umma's. Jimin's voice was sweet and firm, laced with a little tremor here and there. But Jungkook found his voice oddly calming and seemed to relaxed readily into Jimin's embrace. Maybe just for today, he can throw all his hate for Jimin out of the window. 
 
Before falling asleep, Jungkook felt Jimin placing a soft peck on his forehead accompanied by a soft whisper. 
 
"Good night Kookie." 
 
-
 
By the time Seokjin and Namjoon returns home, the storm was already gone, with thunder still rolling in the distance. Seokjin's heart swelled upon the sight of Jungkook all curled up against Jimin in the middle of their bed. Both of them were sleeping so soundly and Jungkook had a death grip on Jimin's shirt. Seokjin felt arms circle around his waist and turned around to face Namjoon. 
 
"Don't they look sweet?" Namjoon commented and Seokjin agreed. He knew Jungkook was having problems accepting Jimin as his brother. But the sight in front of him makes him think that Jungkook might just start accepting him. Seokjin gave Namjoon a soft peck on the lips before gliding over to the bed, slipping in under the covers gently so as to not tousle the sleeping kids. Seokjin wrapped his arms around the both of them lightly, falling into a deep slumber the moment he feels Namjoon's hands curl over his. 
 
-
 
When Jimin wakes up the next morning, he's all alone in the bed. He could smell waffles coming from the kitchen and immediately ran to the bathroom to wash up. Upon entering the kitchen, he greeted everyone a good morning. His appa replied with a short ruffle on this hair and his umma replied with a short and sweet good morning too. Jungkook was playing with his bunny toy, but when he hears Jimin greeting him a good morning, he looks up momentarily before muttering a quick, "Good morning Jiminnie hyung." 
 
Jimin's eyes widened at the mention of his name accompanied with a hyung. Normally Jungkook doesn't even acknowledge his greetings. Jimin beamed and ran over, hugging Jungkook tightly with all his might. He was just so happy. Jungkook was finally accepting him. 
 
Jungkook still hates being babied by Jimin and  needing to call him hyung. 
 
But he hates him a little lesser now. 
 
Seokjin and Namjoon thinks they could get used to mornings like this.
 
.
.
.
.
.
a/n;
im taking a hiatus until the end of november
so i'm not taking request in the mean time, okay?
i hope you understand and pls dont unsubscribe, thank you c:
-chae-