nine

Replay

"chapter nine;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY 

I stare at my hands clasped together on my desk as Kai situates himself next to me. Sungsaengnim, why of all people, Kai? I scrunch my nose shutting my eyes at the same time, then pouting. This is so unfair. I squeal, but without realizing it; immediately, I feel eyes digging deep into my soul. He's staring, isn't he? I turn towards him wearing a forced smile. 

"Yes?" I ask, the corner of my lips beginning to twitch.

"So, what are we going to do?" Kai asks, keeping a hold of my gaze. His eyes are dark and alluring.

"I don't know... do you have any ideas?" Our project is a two week long project about making a difference in people's lives. Whether it's making people smile, to volunteering, we have to write or video tape our experiences. It's a nice project of course, but with Kai? What are we going to do? If I was with Chanyeol, I think we'd sing! With D.O, I guess we'd volunteer at an elderly place.

"No, no ideas. Wake me up when you figure it out."

"Aigoooo," I gasp. "Just me?"

"Wae? Did you expect I'd really do much?"

"Then how did you get into this school?" I ask out of curiousity.

"Wouldn't you like to know." He smirks then heads off to sleep, his head buried in his arms. I cross my legs and arms, pouting at my poor motivated partner. I really hope we can make a 100. I think we'd be lucky if we make a passing grade if he's going to be like this. What could we do? Something that'll make us enjoy what we do for others to watch? We can volunteer. I glance at Kai, wondering how I'd get his attention. I move my head closer, his neck right under my nose. I can smell a sweet cologne come off him, and it's wonderful. I smile to myself, pleased by the fact that he at least takes care of himself. 

"Suzy, what are you guys- Suzy? What are you doing?" Chanyeol asks, gasping to himself. He's partnered up with Baekhyun, the other chatter box of our class.

"Ya! Suzy! What the hell? If you're going to sniff him, sniff me!" Baekhyun offers, leaning over his desk so I could smell his shirt. 

"I-" 

"Baekhyun, you should sit down." Chanyeol asks nicely. He obviously looks uncomfortable sitting next to Baekhyun. They've never really talked; they talked here and there, but not an engaged conversation. Compared to Chanyeol, Beakhyun seems boisterious and rambunctious. Don't get me wrong, Chanyeol can laugh louder than anyone  I have heard in my life, but Baekhyun talks louder than anyone I have heard before. "I don't think you'd want to get Kai up in our business." Chanyeol laughs uneasy, scratching the back of his head.

"I don't know; he's making me do all the work." I pout.

"Aigo! She's so cute! Ay Suzy, can you do some aegyo for me?" Baekhyun rests his head on his hands, focused on me. 

"Ay-" Chanyeol begins to say, but he stops himself and shakes his head. "Excuse Baekhyun. He's a bit of a ladies' man if you ask me. Don't fall for it." Chanyeol says quietly.

"I can do aegyo for you." I say.

"You can? I mean, don't. Suzy, don't." Chanyeol begins to move around in his seat, rubbing his legs with his hands and avoiding my gaze.

"Why shouldn't I?" Chanyeol pauses and looks at me with his white of his eyes bigger than usual. 

"If you do, you're going to cause a ruckus in the class. Just, don't do it." 

"You're so lame, Chanyeol! Why would it matter to you anyway?  You have a girlfriend." Baekhyun pats Chanyeol on the shoulder, reminding not only Chanyeol, but me that he's seeing someone. I totally forgot about Sora.

"I'm looking out for her." Chanyeol stutters.

"Ya, Baekhyun, leave him alone will ya? You're being too loud. One more time and I don't think you'll be speaking for awhile." Kai cuts in as he rubs his eyes, obviously irritated. "Ya! Suzy! Don't think you're in trouble, too. Just do the god damn aegyo to shut him up. Dear Lord." He grunts.

"Ah, you're right." I say, my heart palpitating.

--

"Okay, so I wrote a few things we could do."

"Okay. Say'm." Kai says as he plops down on my bed, falling asleep. 

"Ahh," feeling nervous as a pace back and forth, adverting my eyes away from Kai falling asleep on my bed. "We can volunteer with elderly-"

"No elderly." Kai says bluntly.

"Um, alright, I was kinda iffy about it anyway since I think a lot of people we're going to help the elderly. Okay, we can help a homeless-"

"No."

"Okay... we can go to a preschool."

"Kids? Really?" Kai sits up on my bed, disgusted.

"What's wrong with kids?" I ask.

"A lot of things are wrong with kids. They're noisy, they pick their noses, they're gross... they're just disgusting animals!"

"They're not animals..."

"Oh yeah they are." Kai blurts out. I feel like I have to hide myself, I didn't mean to make him blow up like that.

"But," Kai shuts his eyes. "If you want..."

"If I want?"

"There's this... this orphanage."

"Oh, you want to go to an orphanage?" It shocks me, he doesn't like kids, but he wants to go to an orphanage. Alright then. Whatever floats his, floats his... boat? Yeah, boat.

"Those children. They're different from the ones you see at school." He says plainly. "Alright. We're done here, right?"

"Um, not quite."

"I'll take care of which orphanage we're going to. So, we're done."

"No..."

"Then what else do we have left?"

"We have to do something special for them then."

"Why do you want to?"

"It would make it more memorable, I guess." I smile. I can't imagine Kai being friendly to little kids, but I myself cannot wait to be with those children. "We could teach them a dance!"

"You're funny. If anyone's teaching them how to dance, it would be me not you." Kai smirks.

"I-" I pause. What... I don't even know what to say. As usual.

"Okay, I'm out." He heads out my room, but right as he opens the door he stops in his steps. "Suzy?"

"Yeah?" His voice seems to change. It cracked.

"You should really clean up. You're a girl. Learn to clean up. Goodnight." Kai shuts the door leaving me behind, baffled.

"It's just ramen wrappers! What's wrong with that?" I yell, pouting to myself. "It would be much nicer if Chanyeol were my partner." I settle myself on where Kai was laying, feeling the warm that was once there being replaced by me. I stare at my big, large... enormous... room. It suddenly feels cold and desolate. "I think... it would be nice to have a roommate." I kick off my shoes and fall backwards, my eyelids immediately closing and sending me off to dream land. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Hah! I updated this quickly, didn't I? Well, I hope you enjoyed this one as well! :D If you haven't already, please subscrive and upvote, too! THANKS :D

So, I've been watching Heartstrings and oh my goodnessssssss, I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. YAAASSSSS. You should watch it, too if you haven't yet. It's a really good one, especially if you shipped Park Shin Hye's character with Jung Yonghwa! <3 It makes me fangirl. :D

As usual, I'll leave a for funsies! :D

im honestly thinking about creating a RP thingy... but i don't know. should I? would YOU join? :D it's alright if you don't xD lol.

Alright, from the last thing about SM's new girl group, I read some interesting views on it! I did agree about... how the timing is weird especially when SM came out that Sulli is going to take a break and f(x) is stopping their promotions REALLY early. Ah, it's weird. But ya know what, I hope this new girl group makes great, catchy music. It would be a plus if their dances were catchy as well xD

for funsies--i have three for ya! the first one made me lol. like, yes. just YES. the second one made me actually laugh out loud. and for the third... honestly tho--

http://squish-nyein.tumblr.com/post/93171331340/leonkumquat-when-my-dad-was-in-college-he-had-a

http://hi.tumblr.com/post/93171288085

 

http://imfinedankyouandyou.tumblr.com/post/92993089810/exo-owns-my-soul-how-another-girls-laugh

( h a r l e q u i n. )