three

Replay

chapter three;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY 

I guess that's good for today. I'm really danced out. I check the time on my phone as I slouch against the wall. Oh my god. It's past ten! I hurriedly gathered my items and start running out of the building. I'm late, mom and dad must be worried! Just as I reach the door, I feel a warm body wrap around me, his hand covering my mouth. My first instict was to scream, but as much as I would scream, it didn't help me to escape from his grasp. Is this what my mother warned me about? Kidnappers? I'm going to die. I'm going to die an awful death. I feel my heart beating faster than ever before, and the floodgate to my tears opened. I'm crying and I can't stop. What are my parents going to think? What is Chanyeol going to think? I'm-

"Ya!" I feel the man that was once holding me being toppled over, holding my arm to pull me down with him. "Sehun. You idiot. What the hell do you think you're doing? She could have reported you to the ing police, man." Sehun? I tilt my head down, with my hand covering the bottom half of my face, to see a beautiful, slim rainbow haired boy smiling at me. I've never seen him in my life; so, I take in every moment I can look at him. Kai comes over and helps Sehun up to his feet. "You're really annoying me. Why did you do that?" I freeze at the proximity Kai and I are in. He's so close are arms were barely touching. 

"You said that she gets scared easily, and I was bored."

"That doesn't mean you have to be a moron and pretend to be some molester, r, murderer-"

"Okay. I get it. It was stupid of me to do."

"It sure is! You could've been sent to jail! Or prison if her family pressed charges. That kind of action is not funny."

"Kai, Jesus. I said it was stupid of me to do. I won't do it anymore. But," Sehun gave me a quick wink and returned his gaze back on Kai," I can still mess with her if I want." Kai doesn't reply, but he does roll his eyes. He's obviously annoyed by Sehun. What is their relationship with each other?

"Sehun. Get out of here. I'll see you tomorrow." Kai waves Sehun away with his hand. 

"Alright, same time?"

"Same time." Sehun turned around, but halted when we made eye contact. "I'll see you soon." His voice lingered through my mind as he left the building. I've never been more scared in my life. 

"He's childish, but he's my best friend. Sometimes I feel more like a parent than a friend towards Sehun. I hope that will change one day." Kai flatly says, his arms crossed this time, as  we watch Sehun wave goodbye to us through the window. "I'm sorry he did that. If you didn't take the first practice room, he wouldn't have known you were here." I can't speak, but he takes my eye contact as a reply. "We practice every night. Well, more dancing for fun than practicing. I guess that's why we're best friends. We both enjoy dance, and..." And? "And it's like we're in a different world. Everything is left behind. Every little worry, every little problem, disintegrates." I get what he's saying; like I said earlier, other people run to blow off steam, I dance. When I dance, I forget about everything and dance for the moment and in the moment. "Were you going home?" I nod my head, still not able to speak. "I'm heading home, too. Where do you live?" I point towards the direction of my neighborhood, my mouth gaped open. "Oh. I live the other direction." That's fine, I guess. "Hey. I'll take you home; but just tonight. After that, I don't think I can trust you enough to walk home by yourself this late at night." As an answer, I start heading my way out of the building; I push the glass door with my hand, and turn to look if Kai was following behind. He stands right behind me, giving me that smirk, except it wasn't the normal one I would always see. It's more of a pleased smirk. This is weird and different; I shrug off my thoughts and continued to walk in front of Kai with my arms crossed as I watch the sidewalk pass by. It's silent as we walk home. I can hear the passing of each car, the tuning bending as it passes and leaves. I can hear the muffled voices of people in nearby bars, restaurants, and grocery stores. Everything seems more, HD than it used to be. Is it because I'm more alert now?

"Why don't you ever talk to me?" Kai. I froze for a second, but continued my pace soon afterwards. I don't reply, I don't know what to say. What can I say? I don't know? That's not a good enough reason. I think you're scary? That's rude. The best reply is just not to speak. I hear the Kai's steps speed up as he catches up to walk by my side. He takes a good look at me, continuing to stare at the ground as I walk. "Hey!" He grabs me by the arm. I look at him, aghast by his hand forcifully grabbing me by the arm. "Watch where you're going, dummy. You could have gotten hit." What do you mean, gotten hit? I turn my head to find cars speeding down the road. If it wasn't for him, I could have... gotten hit. "I knew it was a great idea for me to take you home." He shakes his head, his hair moving in sync side-to-side. He tilts his head back up to stare at me in the eyes. His eyes are a chocolate brown, and it's making me melt inside. I've never noticed his eyes because I never wanted to make eye contact with him, but these eyes. They're beautiful. They're irresistable. He lets go of my arm and pushes me to begin walking. "Now we can walk. Do you have any sense in you? You're like a rag doll." Once again, I don't reply, but this time, I look up and ahead at my surroundings. I'm not dying tonight, and I sure as heck am not dying with Kai right there. 

We finally make it to the concrete wall that surrounds my house. I turn to bow and show my thanks to Kai for taking me home. Kai just sighs and shakes his head. 

"I'm pretty irritated right now." I look up at him to see his face, his reaction. Why? "I don't get why you won't talk to me. It's really annoying." I bite my lip as I drift my sight towards my house. 

"You see? Everything I say, you just react. I need to hear- wait. Are you mute?" My eyes widen at his theory. Me? Mute? Why would he think that? Wait. I can see why he thinks that. I don't think I've ever spoken to him in my life. In class, I don't really talk- wait. But I'm pretty sure he saw me talk to Chanyeol? Unless, he didn't hear me at all? I nod my head just so I could leave Kai. Besides, I can pretend to be mute? I mean, I don't talk at all in dance class, and I don't think I want-

"Wait. I heard you speak a while ago. You had to, and I quote, blow off steam." Kai gives me that nasty smirk of his again. That same smirk that told me off. "So, if you do speak. That means you just don't like me. There must be a reason, right?" I need to go. He's really scaring me. I feel my knees lock, my legs beginning to shake. 

"Yikes! Are you okay? Don't look at me like that? That's the same exact look you gave Sehun!" Kai waves his hands in front of him, shaking his head, his lips pulled back. 

"A-yo, Suzy! Oh hey Kai!" Chanyeol to the rescue. I know it's Chanyeol. I turn to see Chanyeol returning from his time with Sora; he's wearing a huge, goofy grin as he runs up to us. The two must have had fun. It must have gone well. I smile to myself, consciously hugging Chanyeol. "What are you doing here?"

"I could say the same." Kai's whole aura changed, his face expressionless and cold. 

"I... I live here. Next to Suzy." Chanyeol rubs his arm, embarassed and a bit off edge from Kai's scary demeanor.

"Well. I'm going to go now. Laters." Kai turns away, and as usual, he leaves without another word.

"What was that about? Why was he here anyway?" Chanyeol crosses his arms as we watch Kai walk down the sidewalk.

"He took me home from the studio because he didn't want me to walk home by myself." I finally speak, but my voice cracks.

"Oh, okay. That makes sense. It look like he was scorning you from afar."

"He was just asking why I won't speak to him, and I couldn't reply for some odd reason. It's like I lost the power to talk back."

"Are you really that scared of him? I don't understand why you would."

"Chanyeol, really?"

"What?"

"I get bullied by other girls a lot. You know that."

"Oh, right."

"I have to go inside now. It's," I check my phone as I paused. "It's passed eleven now! I really have to go! Bye Channie!" I shuffle to buzz in to let my parents know I'm home, and soon enough I find myself staring at the cieling in my bedroom. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Hello! So, this was chapter three! Ah. I'm getting really excited. The only thing is, I don't know how I'm going to write up two stories! I guess I can take turns, yeah? It's possible. I'll work hard. :) Anyways, if you haven't already, you should definitely subscribe and upvote this story. It would mean the world to me if y'all did that. :D And! If you are a newbie here to my... uh... channel... idk... profile?... please check out Home Sick! Replay is basically about Kai and Suzy's relationship with each other before Home Sick. I mean, you don't have to read it because you'll still get what Replay is about, but it's actually pretty cool to know their backgrounds.

 

For this chapter. The question is: if you were an Idol, would you rather go solo or be in a group? What part would you take if you were in a group? The maknae, the rapper, the dancer, the main vocal? 

 

and for funsies--these are literally my favorite type of tumblr posts... SINCE YESTERDAY. they crack me up xD. if you have have a tumblr, you should def follow me :D that is my account below btw. : 

http://imfinedankyouandyou.tumblr.com/post/88886562435/my-favorite-type-of-posts-on-tumblr-xd

( h a r l e q u i n. )