eight

Replay

chapter eight;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY 

"Suzy. Bae Suzy. Suzy Bae. Bae." I splash myself with the water in the sink, refreshing my face that was once sweating from embarassment and nervousness. I feel the chills run up and down my back, my legs trembling trying to support me to stay up. Why did I do that? I have never spoken out like that before. Especially... especially when it comes to Kai. I even knew he was there, but why wasn't I afraid to say anything? "Arggghhh!" I begin to feel tears pool around my eyes. I'm not going to cry, I'm not... ugh. I wipe the pool of tears shaking my head. I squeaze my eyes shut. Suzy, no. You're not going to be like this. You said something that you felt. You shouldn't care what others think about you. But it's so hard. I've never talked back, I've never spoke my mind. You sound like a coward, Suzy. Stand up for yourself. Be proud for who you are. But, but sometimes speaking out is not right. Think about it Suzy, is this right? Letting this stupid Kai boy push you around? You're you. No one can control that except for you. I open my eyes, glaring at myself in the mirror. "Ya! Suzy! Get over yourself and stand up for yourself. Fighting!" I hold my fist up in front of my face. I turn to walk out of the ladies' restroom feeling more confident than ever. "Not even Kai will bother me," I chant to myself as I open the door. 

"Am I bothering you?" That voice. That's no other than Kai. I begin to feel myself tremble; everything I said in the bathroom, everything I prepared for came crashing down. Shots. Fired. 

"I. No." I stutter.

"But you just said-"

"I said nothing," I begin to feel queasy, grinning like a dork. "If you excuse me..." I bow my head, averting my eyes to not make eye contact, but suddenly I feel a warm hand clasp around my wrist. I halt in my steps; is Kai holding on to me? I can't turn around, I can't move. I feel my lips part, but they feel chapped. I continue to stare at the ground, but I find myself looking up trying to see if Chanyeol and D.O will save me from... Kai.

"I really don't understand why you hate me." He snarls as he lengthens the word 'hate'. I feel like as if I was punched in the gut. "See, you won't even talk to me, and when you do it's like, 'ah, okay. I'm sorry. I have to go.' You never look at me in the eyes. It's really annoying not knowing why you hate me. It's like you're scared of me. Don't you at least have the decensy to at least tell me why you ignore me?" Kai says, his voice somehow wasn't scary, it was more aghast and lost than being a complete jerk. What do I say?

"You're hurting my wrist." I writhe out of his handle, causing him to quickly use the hand that was once holding my wrist to brush his hair back.

"Sorry." Kai mumbles. My heart stopped; did he really apologize to me? "I'm sorry for causing you to feel any sort of discomfort. Whatever I did... I'm." His breath hitches, struggling to let the last word out. "... sorry." My heart begins to race; I just know that my face is turning red. I'm blushing. I just know it! I place my hands on my cheeks and shake my head.

"I'm sorry, too." This seems too... perfect to be true. Is he really being sincere? Is he kidding? 

"Don't tell the guys what just happened now. I just came to say that... I." He smakes his palm on his forehead, contemplating whether or not to continue. "Why am I being like this right now. I heard what you said and you're right. It was an ego thing." He actually agrees with me. He really does! "But," uh-oh, "this conversation never happened. I didn't even know you were here. If you spurt even one word about me apologizing, you're going to regret it. I just came to use the bathroom as well." He flicks me on my forehead and turns on his heel towards the restroom. I watch him, flabbergasted, my jaw dropped. 

"Just when I felt like I could be comfortable, he turned this whole conversation sour." I mumble. 

--

It's been two weeks since Kai and I last talked. I don't mind of course, but I'm starting to forget he even exists. I'm not as alert, I'm not as worried, I feel more comfortable. Plus, I have two friends I can hang out with without worrying about Kai. Thank goodness for D.O and Chanyeol. I turn around to look at D.O and Chanyeol to engage in whatever conversation they were having. As usual, Chanyeol is the one talking and D.O just listens and stares at his desk. 

It's really weird how those two ended up being best friends. They're completely the opposite of each other, but I guess the saying 'opposites attract' is true. Chanyeol, he's so silly, outgoing, and talks so much. He's a complete chatter box. He has to talk about everything, he has to hear his voice. But, it's not as bad as Baekhyun who sits next to me. Then there's D.O; he's so quiet. You really can't tell what he's thinking about. The two hit each other a lot, but it's mostly D.O who does the punching, which is actually really funny. A short little guy beating up a giant? You don't get to see that everyday.

"Suzy!" Chanyeol calls out my name.

"Yeah?" I snap out of my analyzation and give them a warm smile. I can't help but smile around these two. I remember just two weeks ago about changing myself and not being as held back. I want to feel more liberated to do things without getting frightened, I want to be happy. I tried, and it's succeeding. It's hard to break old habits, but it's working out. Chanyeol turned pale and froze. Was it something I did? D.O gave a quick slap on his shoulder causing Chanyeol to blink his eyes repeatedly until he gained back consciousness. What a weird couple.

"Ah! Suzy."

"Yes?" I laugh.

"So, let's say that you work in... let's say. New York. You live as a homeless person, right?"

"Okay..." I don't know what he's going to ask, but I have a feeling it's something I have never answered in my life before.

"You're a new homeless person, and you have to take a shower. Where would you take a shower?"

"I.. never thought about that." I say. I think to myself, where would you take a shower? "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, we were talking about how some people take showers in the locker roooms at my middle school. Oh hey! Take a shower at a school!"

"That's..."

"Smart!" Chanyeol blurts.

"That is smart! But, aren't the doors to schools usually locked?"

"Why are you talking about showers, Suzy?" Kai passes by, leaning against Baekhyun's desk. Baekhyun stares at Kai up and down, then averts his look the other direction, looking at Xiumin and Luhan behind him. "Is it because you're a ert?" Kai begins to laugh.

"I don't think that's funny, Kai." I admit, shocking not only myself for speaking up, but the others around me. Of course, I smile at him hoping he won't take it as me being mean. I'm just stating my opinion.  He gives an annoyed chuckle, avoiding my eye contact.

"Oh, so you are a ert?" He asks. "If you're so protective about it, that's gotta mean you're a ert." I don't know how to reply, but I turn around in my seat facing forward.

"That's right." Kai snickers. So, you're telling me that he came all the way from his side to talk to me just to call me a ert? I don't understand him. The last time we talked, he was so understanding, but now he returned to his complete jerk attitude. 

--

"Class, we're having a partnered project-" sungsaengnim gets cut off by the boys calling dibs on one another. He shakes his head and yells at the class to calm down. "I'm choosing partners." The whole class groaned together knowing that we're going to be partnered up with someone we don't know or don't like.

"I'll name off the partners starting off with Suzy in the corner. Suzy, you'll be with Kai." 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Hi you guys! I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. :) If you haven't already, please subscribe and upvote! Thanks :D

this chapter wasn't as good as the rest... but ehh, I updated!!!!

Anyway, have you guys heard of SM's new girl group, Red Velvet? What do you think? Are you excited? Are you, meh? Are you jealous? (I admit, I was a bit jealous just because of how pretty they are xD)

for funsies--i've been seeing this picture on ALL my social media. omg.

http://suhonunki.tumblr.com/post/93043726537

( h a r l e q u i n. )