four

Replay

tumblr_n4q0976frM1qzh5sno4_250.giftumblr_n4q0976frM1qzh5sno2_250.gifchapter four;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY 

It's been a three weeks since I have last spoke to Kai, but that doesn't bother me at all. We make eye contact here and there, but other than that we do not collide paths. Today, I pick up my new uniform to the private school I'm attending next week. It's nerve-racking to know that I won't be able to run to my parents when I need them most; it's frightening. But, at least I have Chanyeol, right? I finally make it into the shop where I got my uniform dry cleaned and ironed out; I hold the uniform out in front of me. I must be one of the first girls to wear their uniform. It is a pale shade of blue on both the blazer and the skirt, and the fabric is thick; perfect for the fall I suppose. I hold up my other uniform, this time thin, but it holds the same details and features. I sigh to myself knowing that this is a new chapter to my life. I'm growing up. My parents are letting me go to a school where I have to stay in a dormitory. Will I be by myself in my room? Will I have to room with a boy? A girl? Will there be any girls at this school?

"Wah! Suzy!" I look up to see who called my name to only find Chanyeol behind the counter flustered.

"Chanyeol! What are you doing here?" I gasp as I hold my uniforms to my chest.

"I-I work here."

"At the... dry cleaners?"

"Neh."

"I did not expect that!" I slip out a little giggle and smile at Chanyeol afterwards. 

"But- I."

"Why here out of all places? Just out of curiousity." I begin to tap my foot along with the beat of the backgroud music playing.

"Ah," Chanyeol coughs a bit before he speaks again,"I work for, ah, Sora's grandfather."

"Grandfather? Chanyeol! I'm scared for you!"

"You're always scared!" He scratches the back of his head as he grins at me.

"I thought you worked at the-"

"This place is more convenient because it's closer to your dance class."

"You didn't have to switch jobs for my class." 

"It was wholly based on my own decision! So, don't worry about it." Chanyeol looks like he's about to add something, but he refrains himself from doing so. "Oh! Hello sir, how may I help you?"

"I'm here to pick up my uniforms." That voice; I know that voice! I look over to my right, gingerly, to see a brown haired boy, sculpted perfectly, with a frown on his face. 

"Kai!" I instantly cover my mouth, shocked that I spoke. He turns and looks at me, head to toe. Is he... checking me out?

"Are you going to-"

"Yeah. She's attending our school." Chanyeol interjects cooly. Kai glances towards Chanyeol then returns his view on me.

"I see that you're going to have a... translator. How convenient." Kai clicks his tongue. I try to smile, the corner of my mouth shaking. 

"Here's your uniforms... are you going to pay in cash or card?"

"Card." Kai hands Chanyeol his card; as he waits he smiles at me.

"If there's one thing you should know about our school, be careful of the guys." Chanyeol advises as he swipes the card. "Especially this one." 

"What do you know, Chanyeol? Don't trust him, Suzy. He's ranked last in our school." Chanyeol? Last? Nonsense!

"I'm not last! I'm just... in the bottom bracket, that's all."

"It's because you're dumb as . Embrace it!" Chanyeol glares at Kai, but keeps his cool by sighing.

"It's just because I don't study-"

"Because you're always playing the guitar, drums, or you're seeing Sora. Isn't it?"

"That's not-"

"Don't lie." Chanyeol holds Kai's card out to show he's finished; it looks like he's about to cry, but he's doing his best to hold it all in. "Thank you, have a nice day." Kai gives Chanyeol a snark smirk as he grabs his card. He left the building, once again, without saying a word.

"Chanyeol, are you okay?" I take a step forward to lean against the counter. 

"Yeah, it's fine. Suzy. Please promise me something. Don't ever, I mean ever, fall for him."

"I won't. That's ridiculous."

"Your parents rely on me to protect you."

"I know."

"And, you're a bit of a pushover."

"Chanyeol..."

"You know it's true. From what you tell me, you let girls at your school bully you." I'm left speechless; how do I reply to that? It's true that girls bully me, but I never thought of myself as a pushover. I mean, I'm sweet, nice, and I'll listen to anyone... that's not being a pushover. Is it? "You better get home soon," Chanyeol points at the time, "It's almost 9:30." I've only seen this side of Chanyeol once in awhile; the guardian-like. Usually he's silly and goofy, but he's oddly serious right now.

"I'll be leaving first then; goodnight." I bow my head and turn to leave back home.

--------------

"Suzy!" I freeze in my steps, I haven't even made it block from the dry cleaners! The man grabs me by the shoulder and turns me around. Those dark brown eyes, that porcelain skin, and the rainbow hair. Sehun. "What are you doing here so late at night?"

"I-" 

"Uniform!" Sehun grabs my uniforms from my arms and checks it out. He turns pale, his mouth gaping open. "You're- you're going to Samseong-Dong-"

"Neh."

"Ah! Crazy! You're going to my school! Ah! Congratulations! Let me get you some Boba! This isn't my favorite Boba shop; the one near the school is, but this'll do. What do you want? I'll pick for you. You definitely want chocolate like me." A few moments later, Sehun comes back with two chocolate bobas. "Here ya go!" Gingerly, I take the boba and begin taking sips. I stand awkwardly on the sidewalk while Sehun is drinking the heck out of his drink. He must love boba! "Out of curiousity, why are you coming to our school?"

"Mmm. The education." I squeak.

"Ah, I see."

"So, I hear you dance?"

"Yeah, but just for fun." Well, that conversation went down the drain. We, or maybe it's just me, stand awkwardly. "Do you like to dance?"

"Yes."

"You do realize that there's no dance classes."

"I know."

"But there is a practice room available in the dormitory and the school."

"Mwuh?"

"Yeah! There's practice rooms available."

"That's really fantastic!" I finally speak outloud, standing on the balls of my feet.

"Ah! I've never seen you like this, but this is the second time I've seen you."

"I'm quiet."

"Obviously. I don't understand why Kai tries to talk to you. It's not like he's going to change you."

"He what?"

"What? Did I speak some kind of gibberish? I don't think so." Sehun rolls his eyes, his lips protruding to a pout. "Anywho, so if you enjoy dancing... can you sing?"

"Can I sing?"

"That's what I said."

"I don't know; I don't really sing."

"You don't know if you can sing? What is wrong with you?" Sehun shakes his head in pity for me. "Don't you sing along with songs?"

"No," I take a moment to think; do I sing along? "I do hum though!"

"That's not really... singing. I'm just going to take it as, you're an awful singer. How's that?"

"I don't think you can rate my singing if you haven't even heard me sing." I bite my lip, feeling my hair on my arms stand up.

"Then sing for me."

"No, I can't."

"Come on."

"No..."

"Come on."

"I don't even think I remember how I sound like!"

"Suzy, come on."

"Ah...."

"Sing a song."

"Okay then..." I take a deep breath; well here goes nothing, "ddaddeuthan haessareul keotgo ittneun gibeun, neon naege bogeunhago ddaddeukhan ibeul gata... okay. That's it."

"That was-"

"I know... awful."

"No, that was... beautiful."

"What are you talking about?"

"If Kai were here-"

"Kai's here? I have to go!" I check my cellphone for the time to find it's ten at night again. "I really have to go! Goodbye, Sehun!" It seems like whenever I see Kai, I always end up being out past ten. 

________________________

(A/N).

Hello hello! Ahh, I have to be honest with you guys. I'm getting a serious writers block on Home Sick with the new chapter. Well, it's more of, I don't feel confident that it's good and it's just a mess you know? So, if it's taking longer than usual for me to update Home Sick, please have an open mind and be patient. Thanks :) So, thank you for all who read, subscribe, upvote (if you haven't already, please do so! it would mean so much to me!!!) and comment! when you guys do that, it makes me want to write even more. I woke up this morning wanting to write another chapter to Replay! (last night, I stayed up until 4am trying to write the new chapter to Home Sick. It's still in the working stage! I'LL RELEASE IT SOON. PROMISE)

 

anyway. thank you all. i don't know how much i've said thank you, but srsly. THANKS :D

for this chapter's question.... if you watch a kdrama or variety show, what is your favorite? my favorite is Dream High and I am currently watching Doctor Stranger! I really love watching Hello Counselor, Hello Baby, yeah... :) if you have any recommendations for anyone to watch, don't be afraid to tell me and the readers! ciao! :)

 

for funsies--i present you chanyeol singing!!!! :D 

http://laydae.co.vu/post/86109295176/exos-chanyeol-singing-hans-part-for-love-is-an

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )