five

Replay

chapter five;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY 

"Goodbye mom. Goodbye dad." I hug my parents with all my might; this is the first time I'll be leaving my parents for a few months. I know I can see them on weekends, and home is on the other side of the city, but I won't be able to see them as much as I want to. I need to learn how to grow up, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. This isn't just for me, this is also for my parents; especially my mom. I step out of the car wistfully; I stand at the back of the car waiting for my dad to open the trunk. This time it isn't my father leaving--for a business trip--but this time it's me that's leaving. I feel out of place; it was always dad who would be leaving. He's the one who would always wear a somber look on his face when he left mom and me. 

"Be good, Suzy." My dad hugs me one last time and gives me a kiss on the top of my head. I'm not a baby any more, am I?

"Bye dad." I peek in the car to see my mom crying. "Umma. I love you." Hestitantly, I move to the window next to my mom. She breathes heavily and looks up at me. The window isn't open, but she still understands me. She nods her head and waves for me to leave. "Bye."

"Can you take care of yourself?" My dad asked, his hand holding on to my shoulder one last time. 

"Yes I can. I'm a big girl now, dad." I give my dad a beaming smile, hoping that he would turn that somber look around. "Don't you think we're making this a bit too dramatic than it should be?"

"Yeah, it seems that way, doesn't it? Don't blame us; we've always been... protective of our only daughter."

"I bet oppa is jealous that you guys are being protective over me." I place my hand on my cheek thinking about my older brother.

"When he left for military service, it was hard for your mom and I as well. Go on now, kiddo. I think you're mom is going to flood the car."

"Alright." He gives me one last hug; it takes me back to the time when I was a little girl. My dad would hug me before his flight, and twirl me around. Now, I'm a bit heavy for that to happen again. Dad goes into the car, waving goodbye, and what seemed like a neverending goodbye, the car disappeared as it to a different street. I let out a heavy sigh; I'm on my own now. I turn around and take a huge intake of air, and let it out slowly. This school. It's... huge. It's what I've seen on dramas; these sort of schools actually exist! I tug on my suitcase behind me, dragging it behind wherever I went. I take a look of the courtyard, and there an enormous, grand tree stands. It's the most beautiful tree I have ever seen in my life. It branches out with thick leaves, the wind rustling the leaves to produce a tone. At that moment I decided that this tree was the tree I would visit when I'm alone. Somehow, this tree gives me a sense of comfort, a sense of... being happy. Maybe I'll eat lunch here everyday. I smile to myself, excited for what is to come. 

"Hello there!" A voice rang throughout the courtyard. I turned to find the source, but I couldn't find it. I thought that maybe I was going crazy, but then the voice repeated itself. "Over here!" I turn once more, this time towards an entrance to the school. A smiling student, with his cocoa colored hair gelled up waves at me to come over. Immediately, I walk towards his direction. As I got closer, I notice that another boy was with him. His hair was blond, and had perfect features. His lips, his nose, his eyes... are these guys... models? I'm getting a feeling that at this school, people care about their looks.

"Hello! YOU must be the new student!" The boy with the gelled up hair announces as he pulls his friend around with his arm.

"Of course she's the new student! She's a girl!" The young boy's voice was so angelic, I froze in spot. "What? Have you never met a boy like me before? It's probably because you can tell I'm foreign, eh?"

"Foreign?" I whisper to myself. He's foreign?

"Wow. I can't believe you dropped the word foreign, Luhan. Now you're like ten times more attractive because you're," the brown haired boy lets go of Luhan and uses both of his hands to make air quotes,"foreign." He stresses the word and winks at me.

"Even if I'm not foreign, I'm attractive."

"More like cute." His friend argues.

"I take that offensively! What are you talking about? I'm obviously manly, right?" Luhan eyes me with his doeful look. 

"You're cute!" Without thinking, I speak outloud. I cover my mouth with my free hand, feeling my cheeks fervently heat up.

"Aigo... I guess since you're pretty cute yourself, I'll let it slip by." Luhan sighs and shakes his head. "Anyway. Let me introduce myself," Luhan then eyes his friend. "Because that's what manlygentlemen do. The name's Luhan." He bows his head.

"And I'm Suho! I'm class president." Suho winks at me once more. "If you ever need anything, I'll be there."

"We'll be there."

"Uh, right. That's what I meant. We'll be there. What year are you?"

"Third." I shyly grin. 

"Ah! You're our year! That means you're in my class!" Suho grins.

"OUR class." Luhan points out.

"Right. Our class." 

"Do you... perhaps need help moving in?" Luhan leans around me to see what I was holding behind me. 

"I don't think you know where the dormitory is, huh?"

"No, I don't. Could you perhaps show me?" I smile; for some odd reason, I feel like I can fit in. Although they are boys, something about them is allowing me to be... more... brave?

"I'll take your suitcase." Suho walks behind me and grabs my suit case.

"No, you don't have to!" I cry. 

"No! Please! Let us!" Suho exclaims, grinning from ear to ear.

"Do you have your room number yet? Or key?" Luhan asks as he leads us to the dorms.

"No... am I suppose to get that?"

"You're funny. Of course you're suppose to get it! How else can you get into your room? Ah, Suho! You know what kind of girl she is? Not a bright crayon are you, um..."

"Suzy?"

"Suzy! Yes. Suzy." Luhan taps his chin as he tastes my name in his mouth. "We'll take you to the main office; this way, Suzy."

--------------

"Ahhh, second floor!" Luhan exclaims as he opens the envelope.

"Is that good?"

"Oh yeah. It's real good. Right, Suho?"

"Yeah! That's where the party's at!"

"You guys... party?" I warily say.

"It's just a phrase, Suzy." Luhan stresses my name again. What's with him and saying my name like that? It's kinda weird."There's only three floors. First floor has the commons." Commons?

"Commons," Suho read my mind and looked up as if he was thinking, "commons. It's like a place where you can hang out. Living room kinda? Yeah." Suho nods his head in satisfaction.

"Also in the first floor are other people's rooms. Each room has two beds, a bathroom, study desk, cubbies and/or closet space, and a tv for your pleasure." Luhan states.

"Seems like more of an apartment than a dormitory." I assert.

"Suzy." Luhan halts in front of me and turns around; he wears the most serious face I've seen him wear. I didn't think, as pretty as he was, he could have such an alarming face. "You do know what school you're at. Right?" I nod my head. "No, no you don't. Suho. Please. Explain."

"Don't tell me what to do; should be telling you what to do." Suho quarreled. "Luhan. Please, explain the poor thing what this school is." 

"This school is very prestigious. I'm in the school's soccer team and we've won nationals plenty of times. Because of that, our school is being endorsed by big names. We get rewarded for what we achieve. This is a special school, Suzy. Of course our dorms are like apartments. We earned it. We're different. Although we don't have class from 7am to 10pm like most public schools, ours is the exception. We work on an 8 hour school day. But we still exceed. We are highly recognized. Our alumnis' have done great, wonderous things. They achieved what other schools cannot." Luhan ends with a smile. "You're very privelaged, especially since you are a female, to attend this school. Congrats to you." Then... how is Chanyeol attending this school if... if he's considered stupid? Unless... everyone is so smart at this school to the point where being an average smart is considered the bottom bracket! I gasp at my thought. Chanyeol! Makes sense why he wouldn't study! Are these people-

"We're not geniuses if that was what you were thinking." Suho clicks his tongue.

"You're not?"

"We are, but then we aren't." Suho adds.

"That doesn't make sense..."

"Ah... we're still normal kids. We're not crazy smart like Luhan is making it seem. We just... learn better and we're... committed to our work." 

Committed to their work. They learn better. Are you sure that this school is filled with geniuses?

"Some of the students here also got here because of how talented they are. Some got in by their singing, some through playing instruments, and some, like Luhan, through sports. I guess they accept students who are talented because they tend to be the ones who are capable of greater things. Don't get me wrong though! There are some people at the school who just took a exam and they made it in! But, not all the students made it through exams." Perhaps Channie got here... because of a talent? I know that he plays guitar, but is he really that good at guitar?

"Anywho! Luhan, do you know what I heard? I heard that Do Kyungsoo made it through singing."

"I doubt it." Luhan shakes the comment off.

"I really feel like that he has a secret talent. I'm pretty sure it's singing!"

"No, I don't see that."

"No, something about him just yells secret talent."

"Nope. I don't understand you."

"Just watch, he's probably going to blow us all away one day."

"Doubt it." 

"Anyway, we'll show you to your room now, Suzy." Suho picks up my suitcase as we head up the stairs to where the dormitory is. The dorms is huge, different buildings, but all large and modern looking. We make it in the building and the first thing I see must be the commons that Luhan talked about. There are multiple different colored couches, a stage, tv, videogames, it's like a dream world. 

"Second floor, room 212." Luhan leads the way to my door and opens it for me. I step in and a huge gust of cold air wraps around me. I look up to see a largely lit room. Luhan was right. There was desk space to my left, cubbies and closet space to my right, in front of me laid a white couch with a flat screen tv, a bathroom to the right of the tv, and to the left... was two floors. The first floor had a bed neatly made; the circular stairs led to another queen sized bed almost like the first bed, but with a different design. The two share a huge window that views the soccer and track field, and the rest of the school. It's beautiful. Outside, it's green, inside, it's so... modern. This place must be more expensive than me. Literally. 

"Am I rooming with anyone?" I ask, curious about the fact their are two beds.

"In your case, I don't think so. They wouldn't dare let you room with a boy." Suho inspects the room as he lays a finger on my desk and checking for dust.

"Are there any other girls coming to the school?" I ask one more time.

"Not that I've heard of." Luhan replies. "Do you know how crazy school is going to be when they find out you're here? Imagine if two girls came. Jesus. Anywho, Suho and I will get out of your way." Suho quickly runs out the door and waves goodbye. "I'll see you later!"

"WE'LL see you later." Suho articulates, mocking Luhan.

"If you have any questions, Suho and I are in room 223." Luhan states. He then bows and leaves the room. This... is too much to take in. All this. Can I really live like this? I run to the nearest bed and lay stomach down and bury my face into the pillow. I'm officially here. This is my new chapter. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Ahhh! I really enjoyed writing this chapter. I really do :) ONCE AGAIN, thank you for reading! If you haven't done so, please upvote, subscribe, and comment! Thanks for everything!! I hope you guys have a wonderful day, and--- yeah. Okay. *insert some juicy stuff here*

I'm still having a writers block on Home Sick; so, please do not worry. I'm not neglecting that story at all. :) I will try to finish it asap! Thank you to all who are being patient! Anyway. So, I'm watching the Dream Concert right now. Oh my goodness. It's awesomeeeee.

here's the link if you wanted to watch as well!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKsNAMJenI

for this chapter's question, if your bias took you out on a date, AND to anywhere, what would you guys do? :)

if i scored a date with D.O... I think I'd love to go to an amusement park with him. Perhaps Disney World because I haven't been there yet! If Disney Land was tons of fun... I can't imagine how fun Disney World must be! :)

 

for funsies--to all those D.O lovers out there, I present you soo's sad faces! it's soooo cute. lol.:

http://imfinedankyouandyou.tumblr.com/post/89014341955/derpy-kyungsoo-making-sad-faces-x

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )