two

Replay

chapter two;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY 

"Umma! I'm home!" I set my bag and my dance shoes on the wooden chair that sits by itself in the entry way. I quickly gussied up as I passed by the mirror that hung above the chair.

"Did Park Chanyeol take you home?" I hear her voice, muffled, from the kitchen.

"Neh!" I reponded, following the smell of white rice being cooked. This is what you call home. The smell of rice. I shake my head, laughing at my little comment.

"Is he here? I'm almost done cooking."

"No, he had to go. He's taking Sora out tonight!" I finally make it into the kitchen and take a seat next to the island table. I stare at my mother; her back faces me as she cooking. Her short black hair shines underneath the sunlight that comes through the ceiling window. Her hair bounces as she moves around, and her small, yet curvy, frame adds grace and feminity to her movement. I hope to be like her one day. I smile to myself as I prop my head on my hand as I watch her.

"Sora? You mean Kang Sora?"

"Neh." Kang Sora. Probably one of the prettiest people I have ever met in my life. She's photogenic, she's beautiful, she's sweet, she's smart, I can definitely see why Chanyeol is worried about what he should do with her tonight. He doesn't want a girl like her to leave. She's basically perfect. She attends an all girl private school which located near this school Chanyeol goes to, and I guess that's how they met. The fact that the two schools were close, Chanyeol and Sora must have crossed paths. I've never met her in my life, but Chanyeol would always show me pictures of her, tell me about what they did recently, and tell me about how nice and genuine she is. She's... very inspirational. "You know Sora?"

"Yes, your father is friends with the Kang family."

"Since when?"

"Since you were a baby, dear."

"Then why haven't I heard about the Kang family until now?"

"Well," my mother turned around, her round face tilted as she thought of what she was going to say, "you see, your father high school friend is Sora's father. They keep in touch; who do you think your father plays tennis with? With her father."

"But they have never came here before. If they have been friends for that long, I feel like they would have came at least more than once in my lifetime."

"I keep in touch with some of my friends from high school; you don't see them coming over. Do you? Just because you're friends with someone doesn't mean you have to see each other all the time. It's the memories and the fact that two people are committed to each other to keep in touch is what makes you friends. Well, more or less, but still. Plus, we're adults now. We can't always have friends come over like you do; we have a job and a family to take care of, Suzy."

"You make a point." I sigh at the fact that my mother, once again, showed me up. I can never win against her. 

"How's Chanyeol? I haven't seen him since the last break." Mother turns around again to continue her chopping and sauteeing.

"He looks like he's doing fine. He's working again. He's always working when he's on a break."

"That's good. He's becoming a man. How's dance?"

"Dance?" Stupid Kai. I bet he's smart, but in this case he's stupid. He always picks on me. I've been attending dance class with him since primary school. As children, he was always one of the best dancers in class; he could do jazz, ballet, you name it. He inspired me to get better; it was because of him I practiced as much as I could just so I could exceed not only my expectations, but perhaps his one day. But at this point, I don't think I'll have exceed that. Apparently he hates me. Apparently he likes picking on me. "It was good. Sungsaengnim could tell I danced with passion."

"Good! That's great to hear!" She sings as she stirs vegetables in the fry pan. "Question, Suzy." My mother stops what she's doing and turns around to face me again. Her face read seriousness, and she was no longer smiling. "Hypothetically speaking, if your father and I was able to get you into a school with top notch education and you would be able to go to a private school, would you consider going to the school?"

"Private school with great education? Depends. Is this place far and will I still be able to dance?"

"Um," she bites her lip and and stares at the ground. "That's the thing. It's far away and I don't think there are dance classes available at this school. Hypothetically speaking."

"Umma, did you guys..."

"You're being transferred to that school Park Chanyeol is attending." What? I'm switching schools?

"But that's an all boy-"

"This was the last year. They are allowing girls to attend now. I know you've been interested in that school-"

"I was only interested because I thought it was cool that they stayed in a dormitory and they have a ton more free time than normal public schools do, but they still retain a great education."

"Now is your chance. You would have to stop dance, but only during the school year. You can take it when you come back for break."

"Umma."

"Do you know how happy and relieved your father and I would be if you attended?"

"Yes..."

"I know you'll be safe because Chanyeol will be there. You're going to get great education, the school is fenced around, it's going to be great for not just you, but for your parents. Your dad and I had to sacrifice a few things to happen."

"What are you sacrificing?"

"Letting my baby go to grow up." That was probably the most meaningful thing I have ever heard my mom tell me. She's always been protective over me, and although it's tiring, the fact that she's letting herself let me go to grow up is... quite nurturing and sweet.

"Will you go?"

"I'll think about it." I get up from my seat and head back to my bags and shoes. I need to... dance. I leave my house again, heading towards a nearby studio that no one ever goes to. I really want to go to this school, yes, and I know it will make my parents happy, but I don't think I'm capable of suceeding at this school. I do well at the school I'm at already, I'm ranked number one, but that could be different at this school. This school with boys. This school with a "better" education. Can I just leave everything I had behind. I won't be able to run to my parents anymore. But then, if I attended this school, I would have more free time on my hands and I could actually do what I love. Dance. More time to dance. And Chanyeol will be there to protect me! But, would I be able to fit in? I make it into the building and head towards the first practice room. I enter, staring at my bag as I placed it onto the wooden, slick floor. I change my shoes, taking my time; trying to take in every moment I have. I turn on my playlist on my phone, syncing it to the stereos via bluetooth in the room. I begin to dance, allowing the music to lead me to every step. I twirl around, my hair flowing in the air. While others run to blow off steam, I dance.

"What are you doing here?" I stop mid step to find Kai staring at me with an annoying look on.

"I'm- I'm just dancing." I whisper, my voice almost unaudible. I stare at my feet as I wait for Kai to respond with a snarky comment. 

"Obviously. I meant, why are you here?"

"I-"

"What?"

"I-"

"You talk way too softly." Kai makes his way to stand right in front of me, towering over me. He was so close I could hear his heart beat. If I can hear his, he can probably hear my heart palpitating. I cover my cheeks with my hands, trying to cover up my blushing face. "Answer my question."

"I needed to blow off steam." I took a step of bravery to look up at Kai. He's staring at the mirror and flips his hair; and, what seemed like an eternity, he turns around without a word--not even motioning a sign of farewell.

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

I got excited and decided to update really quick! SO! I hope you enjoyed chapter two of Replay :D If you haven't already, you should definitely upvote and subscribe if you haven't already! So! For this update... my question is: who is your favorite girl band and boy band? :)

for funsies--TOTALLY LLLLAAAUUGGGHHIINNNNGGGG:

http://uglyidol.tumblr.com/post/88819423737/lay-me-kris-so-i-bought-a-clock

 

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )