one

Replay

 

chapter one;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY

"Suzy. Snap out of it. It's your turn." I snap out of my daze instantly jumping onto the balls of my feet from sitting. I walk to the center of the practice room, facing the mirror. I turn my head slightly to complete my pose, and close my eyes. The strumming of the guitar begins to play, cuing me to start my dance. Jack Johnson's voice floats around the room as he sings Better Together, and I can't help but flow along, feeling the passion inside of me rise. And here comes the jump; I jump into the air, keeping my momentum, and landing softly onto the wooden floor below me. I end with a bow, happy with my performance for my class. 

"Any comments?" Sungsaengnim stood up before the class of students sitting against the wall. Of course, Kim Jongin raises his hand with that nasty smirk he always has. "Yes, Jongin-"

"It's Kai."

"Excuse me?"

"Suzy. Although you were passionate, it was lacking technique. It's not that hard to point your toe is it? That's one of the main things we know, the basis, and you failed to meet that. It was more like you were going through the movement. You didn't pay attention enough to the itty, bitty details. If you were to dance in front of people who don't know anything about dance, they wouldn't notice and would think you were exceptionally talented. But, in front of other dancers, you can definitely be put under average. Maybe not even average, but intermediate." Kai ends with another smirk as he swept his hair from his face. I bowed, showing my thanks, and quickly sat down. I've never talked to him. I've never came into contact with him. I've never came in his way. But, out of all people, why is he so rude to me? I don't hate people. I really don't! But, this guy ignites the fire inside fo me. I'm really a nice person! I really am! I'm kind, bubbly... but I can't help but get annoyed by him. He's cocky. He's "high-maintenance". He's rude. If he ever comes my way, I don't know what I'm going to do.

----------

"Hi hi Channie!" I chipper as I run out the door of the dance studio. Chanyeol leans against the building as he waits for me. "Thank you for waiting. How are you?" He pushes off the wall to walk by my side as we head back to our house. Chanyeol happens to be my next door neighbor; however, although we are neighbors the only time we ever talk is after I finish dance class. His parents insisted that it would be safer if Chanyeol were to take me home so my risks of being kidnapped or talked to would lessen. I guess it works because Chanyeol is pretty tall, and I think that's scary... maybe? He goes to a different a school than I do; he attends the highly popular private school in Seoul. Unfortunately, the only people who attend the private school are boys. So, with that said, I rarely see him since he stays at the dormitory during the school year. But now it's summer break which means I'll be seeing Chanyeol more often--even though he's working during the break.

"I'm okay. How are you?" He kicks the pebble in front of him as we walk down the sidewalk.

"Same-o, same-o." My mind forces me to remember what Kai had told me, making me cringe inside. I shrug it off quickly and focused what was ahead of me. "What did you do while I was in class?"

"Ahh. Nothing really. I mean, I worked. But, I did go to that music shop down the street from where I work."

"Really?"

"Yeah! I saw this really nice guitar; I really want to get it."

"How much is it?"

"More than me."

"Oh, it's that expensive?"

"Sadly, yes."

"Sorry." I don't know what to say to cheer him up, but I just give him a pat on the back. "Work hard, okay? Then you'll be able to get it."

"Ya! Suzy!" A different voice interrupted our conversation; the two of us turn around to where the voice came from to see Kim Jongin, er, excuse me, Kai, running down the sidewalk. I've never talked to him in my life, and today will not be the day. 

"Chanyeol. Excuse me as I-"

"Suzy!"

"Bye!" I feel my legs begin to run, picking up the pace step by step. There's no way I'm talking to Jong- Kai! I'm going to cry if he talks to me again! I just know it! I hear my name slowly fade away as I run towards my neighborhood. I shuffle through my bag to find my keys, my hands shaking making it impossible to clasp the key around my hand. I finally found my house key; instinctly, I scanned my surroundings making sure Kai wasn't lingering around.

"Suzy!"

I drop my key, falling onto the ground to pick it up hastily. 

"Suzy!" He now stands in front of me, white shoes with a black Nike patch embedded into the shoe with dirt smudged at the tip. "Kai told me to give this to you." Oh! It's Channie! I look up to find Chanyeol right in front of me, he's now squatting in front of me, my dance shoes in his hands. 

"Oh."

"Why did you run away?"

"I- I-"

"Is it because he's scary?" Chanyeol stares deeply into my eyes; I nod my head and drop my head down.

"He's so rude to me; I don't want to be around a person like him." I feel a hand resting on my shoulder, Chanyeol's thumb rubbing my shoulder.

"Don't pay attention to him. I'm in his class and he's pretty bad at school. He always talks back. So, it is okay if you try to stay away from him. Just, don't be scared of him. There's nothing to be scared of. I mean, I'm still alive, aren't I?" He lets out a chuckle and pats my back as he stands back up. "Do you need help?" He gives me a hand; thank goodness I have you, Chanyeol.

"Thank you, Channie."

"No problem."

"What are you doing tonight." I dust off the dirt that was imprinted on my knees, then quickly fixing my hair out of my face.

"Ah, I'm  seeing Sora tonight. I don't know where to take her! Do you perhaps have any ideas?"

"Ah..." I tap my chin. "Do you want to be a sweet boyfriend or..."

"Sweet."

"If I had a boyfriend, I'd like him to take me around Seoul. Being touristy. Walk along the Gangnam River, try out street vendor's food! Buy a couple outfit or accessory. That would be cute." I pat my cheek as I smile. 

"So..."

"Just walk around downtown; find a shop that you both would enjoy. Go to a cafe. Basically. Just have fun. Have an adventure."

"You really thought this through before, huh?"

"Oh. I guess?"

"Well." Chanyeol checks his phone and looks up with wide eyes. "I really have to go! I need to get ready and pick her up! I'll see you later! Bye!" Chanyeol climbs over the wall that separates our lot with theirs; he sits on top, and before he hops off he waved goodbye at me. Of course, I waved back, and continued where I left off. Opening the door--calmly this time.

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

hello all! thank you for reading the very first chapter of Replay! :) I really enjoyed writing this story, especially since while writing Home Sick, I really wanted to write something that touched Suzy and Kai's relationship. ANYHOW. Once again, thank you for reading. Please subscribe and upvote if you haven't already! BYEEEEE

for funsies (not relevant to kpop, but it's funny!): http://imfinedankyouandyou.tumblr.com/post/88527775775/autumngracy-my-favs-of-tumblr-gets-deep-pt-1

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )