Chapter Seven

Learning the Past (Sequel to Fugitive)

"You won’t regret this, right?" Kris was slightly taken back but hid it well.

"I'd rather die than work for you," Sarang said, almost silently. “So yeah, ing kill me.”

Kris didn't move but smirked instead. "Fine then," he said. "But before that, let me show you something."

Kris motioned for someone to walk up to him. In the man was a beautiful cloth, wrapped around an object. Kris unwrapped the handkerchief with caution and revealed the item. It was Hyeji's gold plated gun. Sarang looked at it with awe.

"That's... that's Hyeji's, right?" Sarang became breathless and started to cry once again. "Finally... I finally found it."

Kris grabbed for his other gun that was tucked into his belt and aimed it at Sarang's chest.

"It's a pity you know... You had so much potential. You remind me of so much of your sister," Kris said. "But hey, at least you got to see the thing you so dearly wanted before you died."

Sarang thought that the beautiful gun would be the last thing she would see and those words would be the last she would hear, until shouts broke out in the building. She found herself behind Suho and looked over to Mr. Tao, who was behind Chanyeol.

"Sarang... you owe me the biggest possible explanation you can ever tell later," Suho whispered.

"Of course," Sarang sighed with relief. "Thank you..."

Suho soon started to shoot everyone on their shoulders and legs until Kris shot Suho in the arm and then another in his shoulder. Chanyeol was also surrounded and beaten down.  

"So you're Kim Suho... You know you stole my money maker away from me," Kris said as he came closer to Suho. “You owe me a couple billion… It added up over the years. Hyeji could’ve still been with me, you know.”

“You owe me her life then,” Suho huffed through his pain.  “Hyeji could’ve lived a normal life and Sarang wouldn’t have gone through this either.”

“Funny. If Hyeji never met me, she never would've been the Masked Beauty. Then you would have never met her and even fall in love with her. Let me just say, it’s a tragic story.”

“I’d rather have her have a normal life and be alive right now… even if that meant me not being able to meet her,” Suho bitterly said.

“Well now, you can be with her forever,” Kris angrily growled, as he raised his gun to Suho’s head.

Just then D.O threw a rather large piece of metal at Kris’ head, making him drop Hyeji’s gun, “Leave them alone!”

Kris stood up and cracked his neck, though a trail of blood flowed down from his temple. With a gulp, D.O ran behind a couple of crates again with the crew.

“You better let them go! We already called the cops! If you shoot us dead, you’re going to have first degree murder added with your kidnapping!” Chen shouted.

“ these kids. Go get them,” Kris barked at his guards.

Kai started the fight off; like a cool action movie, Kai was able to knock down about five of the men. Sehun’s skill was no joke either; he made use of his surrounded and knocked out a couple too. Lay, Chen, D.O, and Baekhyun joined in and expertly fought as well. They didn’t go down as easily as Kris and even Sarang expected. Baekhyun made his way to Sarang, who was wrapped in the arms of a large and bulky man. Even with no strength left, Sarang and Baekhyun joined together to bring the man down. Baekhyun untied Sarang's arms and feet while Kai untied Mr. Tao's. But it wasn’t long until Kris came out himself and brought everyone down again.

 After a hellish beating, they were laying on the floor as blood continued to flow out of their wounds. Sarang limped her way to her friends, “I’m so sorry you guys… I’m so sorry… I should have never have done this.”

Kris whipped out his gun once again, pointing straight to Sarang, “Now that you’ve seen all your friends...” Before Kris pulled his trigger, Baekhyun pulled himself in front of the gun and was the shot in his lower chest. Sarang’s eyes grew wide as more tears numbingly flowed down her face. Baekhyun grabbed onto Kris but fell straight down onto the cold floor.

“Baekhyun… Baekhyun!” Sarang started to say louder and louder as she shook him side to side. Baekhyun’s eyes slowly started to close, but not before he gave her tender smile. “Baekhyun! Wake up, you little ! Don’t you dare close your eyes!”

Sarang began to sob. She then noticed Kris slowly making his way to the others. Like a ninja, Sarang grabbed the fallen gold gun and shot Kris in the shoulder and thighs. Kris wailed in pain as he came crashing down. Sarang stood up with all her strength back, still pointing her gun at him, “Don’t you even ing think about it.”

Instead of the pain and furry she expected Kris to have, she noticed his smirk appearing once again.

“What the are you smirking about?”

“I was right,” Kris leisurely said, behind the pain.

“Of what?”

“You really do have the potential. You have Hyeji within yourself, babe,” Kris said before losing the strength in his neck and let his head fall back onto the floor.

In that moment, the SPD came all charging in and arrested all the men and the ambulance had to pick up the crew, Mr. Tao who was trying to comfort Baekhyun, Suho, and Chanyeol. Sarang told the paramedics she was fine but fainted right after.

Sarang looked around her and let out a breath of air. “It’s finally done…,” Sarang said, quietly, before completely blacking out; still gripping the gold gun in her hand. 


Guess what you guys! It's my birthday today! Yup June 16th! Haha 

Well anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this scene as much as I enjoyed writing it!

I really wanted this scene to be exciting and thrilling, but I'm not sure if I did a good job on it... Well anyway, bye bye!!