Chapter Four

Learning the Past (Sequel to Fugitive)

Sarang and Kai were in Kai’s basement working on the history event project; finishing it up without Baekhyun as he was running late with the rest of the crew. They sat closely, fixing small mistakes here and there, while eating fruits that Kai’s mom had brought down.

“I think that’s about it,” Sarang said, typing the last word for the history project.

“Looks good, we’re done,” Kai smiled, looking over the PowerPoint one last time.

“Yeah…,” Sarang sighed, unable to hide her disappointment so she started biting at a tip of a sliced apple.

“What’s up?”

“It’s just… it’s been a week and I haven’t been able to find out more than I already know…”

“But you know enough,” Kai tilted his head.

Enough isn’t answering the questions I have,” Sarang slight snapped. She’s been irritated since Suho wouldn’t let her seek out Kris Wu. “And I’m never going to find my answers until I talk to the only person we know that had an early connection to Hyeji.”

Kai stared at Sarang for a minute then unknowingly smiled to himself. Sarang caught him and smiled back, “What’s up with you? You like me being all frustrated?”

“Haha no, it’s just that…,” Kai started but stopped himself.

“It’s just what?” Sarang leaning closer, poking his side. “C’mon tell mee.”

“It’s just that… this is why I liked you,” Kai said, bittersweetly.

Sarang ‘s smile slightly faded away, but managed to peek through again. “What do you mean?”
“You know… your weird stubbornness.”

“What the , man,” Sarang pulled back and shoved him away.

“No I mean, like, you never want to give up,” Kai laughed.  

“I guess. It’s annoying for me at times like now,” Sarang rested back onto the sofa.

Kai stared at Sarang until she looked back at him and smiled awkwardly, “What’s wrong?”

“… Why couldn’t we work?” Kai sadly asked.

“… Probably because of the girls that harassed me every day because of you. You may have noticed but~ I have no girl friends,” Sarang replied after a second, trying to pull a joke.

Kai smiled sadly, but replaced it with a more convincing one, “Well I guess I’m just that popular.”

“Oh my gosh, don’t tell me you have wangja-byung*. You disgust me,” Sarang teased then put her hand to her chest as she pretended to throw up.

Just then Baekhyun, Sehun, Lay, Chen, and DO walked in. They laugh, asking if the date was that bad. Lay sat next to Sarang and wrapped his arms around her, saying that he's her next date. After a couple of slaps from everyone including Sarang, they start hanging out normally again. In the midst of playing a game, Sarang zoned out.

Maybe I should ask Suho one more time… if he says no again, well I guess I’ll go by myself.


“I said no! You’re not even a low-level officer, but a child!” Suho bursted, while he and Sarang was walking along the sidewalk.

“I’m legal! I can make my own decisions!” 

“I’m not going to let it happen. We can get another chance!”

Suho stopped himself, that sentence was the same thing he yelled at Hyeji when she wanted him to turn her in. Suho rubbed his forehead and calmed himself down.

“You’re going to get hurt, you hear me? He says he's just a businessman but Kris may be one of the worst criminals you can come across with. I haven’t told you this but he’s a suspect of many different crimes; he might even be running the entire black market, but he’s so good at what he does, SPD hasn’t even been able to stick ONE case onto him; not even a civil case. He has so many loyal people under him.”

Sarang nodded, trying to understand the possibilities of the dangers as Suho went on and on about how dangerous it was. After Suho hugged her and apologized that she won’t be able to find the answers she wants, she goes home but has a change of heart. She pulls out a small piece of paper with an address on it.

“Sorry Suho oppa. I’m going to have to betray you.”


*Wang-Ja-Byung/왕자병-- Wangja (왕자) means Prince and Byung (병) means disease or sickness.  So pretty much people say this if a GUY is full of himself. For a girl would be gong-ju-byung (공주병) for "princess disease". 

 

Please read: Hi again! So today was my last day of high school so THANK THE LORD ALMIGHTY! haha but anyway, I just wanted to tell you guys..I always revise my stories even when they're already up on here, and sometimes I'll change things up, or remove things out, or even add new things. Usually they're just small changes but if you can or want to, please just skim over the past chapters because I guarentee that there will be something different. LOL well anyway, HAPPY READING <3