Chapter One

Learning the Past (Sequel to Fugitive)

"C'mon, 'Eat or Die Creww'!!" Sarang screamed with delight and raised up her glass. The crew; Baekhyun, DO, Kai, Chen, Lay, and Sehun, all raised up their glasses filled with beer and clashed it together. They all chugged it down then turned to the karaoke and started to sing again. Sarang sat down, still pigging out on the chicken wings and pork cutlet. 

For such a slender beauty, Sarang Lee knew how to eat. Next to her, Byun Baekhyun, her best friend, laughed on how much she ate. Talking over Sehun's rapping, Lay laughed saying they should be used to it by now. Sarang practically climbed over the table to give a nice punch on Lay's arm. 

Sarang let out a big sigh when the crew was taking a break for their vocal cords. 

"What's up?" Sehun asked, though he was mostly just consentrating on the food he was picking. 

"We got school tomorrow."

"No dip, sherlock," Chen laughed, followed by a slap on his side. 

"Yo, we have that project coming up in history," DO pointed out. "I heard all classes are doing it."

"Well hey, now Sarang will have another reason to stay after for Mr. Tao; or Mr. Panda." Chen teased.

"Shut up, you little ," Sarang laughed.

Baekhyun asked seriously, "You don't really LIKE him, do you?"

"Who... Mr. Panda? Of course I like him. He's so chill," Sarang said, taking a sip of her beer. 

Baekhyun was silent for a second but shook his head and laughed, "Never mind."


Sarang had a major hangover while in her history class with Baekhyun and Kai. Mr. Tao playfully tapped on her head when she put her head down. Sarang waved him away, but laughed. 

"Now, it's time for the project I know you guys all love," Mr. Tao announced sarcastically. "Here's the thing. This project is really easy. All you guys have to do is do research on any event that happened over from fifty years ago, but you're going have to present it." A couple of whines were heard in the class. "Stop being such a baby. Now get into a group no more than four and go on your computers and look for a topic."

Sarang was always interested in law enforcement so she looked up big crimes that happened. From murders to drug cartels, Sarang came across a article on someone called the "Masked Beauty". The series of crimes happened about ten years ago... okay that was good. The crimes were all armed robberies at huge banks but the Masked Beauty worked solo. That was some brave girl. Five minutes later, Sarang came across a license photo of the criminal. 

"Baekhyun... Kai... look at this. Is this just me, or does this girl look like me." 

".... She looks exactly like you," Kai said. 

"Seriously... who is she?" Baekhyun asked.

"The article says she's the masked beauty," Sarang said, still staring at the picture... then Sarang came across the Masked Beauty's name. "Kim Hyeji? Why does that name sound so familiar?"

"Well Hyeji and Kim are pretty common," Kai stated. "Maybe you're mistaking her for someone else."

"No... oh my gosh, no... I think I know her," Sarang unknowingly started to talk very loudly. 

Sarang started to think back about ten years ago, when a stranger and her own mother embraced while crying. 

"Sarang... This is Hyeji." "She's part of our family." 

"It.... It can't be," Sarang spoke mostly to herself, staring intensely at the screen.


"Hey mom, can I ask you something?" 

"Sure, what do you need?" Sarang's mom, Eun Hye, called from the kitchen.  

"Is this my sister?" Sarang bluntly asked, holding out the license picture for Eun Hye to see. 

"Yes, it is... how did you get that picture?" Eun Hye said after a pause with sorrow in her eyes.

"No reason... I have to go. Bye."

Sarang ran out of the house and drove to Lay's house. The rest of the 'Eat or Die' crew were already there. When Sarang went to the basement, they were already starting to eat the pizza they ordered.

"You owe me $8," DO said through his food. 

"Yeah yeah, hold up I need to talk to you guys," Sarang said, waving away DO's words. "Kai, Baekhyun, do you guys remember that girl I was looking up during history? Turns out that really IS my sister!"

"No way... so your sister was the Masked Beauty?" Baekhyun couldn't hide his disbelief. 

"No seriously, I asked my mom, only showing her this picture and she said she was," Sarang couldn't believe it herself. 

"The Masked Beauty? You mean that chick who was robbing all those banks? Didn't she, like, die in her last crime?" Chen asked. 

"Yeah," Kai answered. "That girl looks exactly like Sarang."

"Lemme see that," Chen, Lay, Sehun, and DO stared at the photo. 

"No way, she's so much hotter," Chen teased. 

"She's fine," Lay inputted. "I wouldn't mind getting with that."

"Ew, guys stop. That's like saying you wouldn't mind getting with Sarang," DO laughed. 

"Well ANWAY," Sarang interupted then put her chin to rest on her hand. "I seriously want to find out more about her, you know? I read that she was one of the most mysterious criminals ever. I mean she was my sister. I swear I'm going to find her associates or SOMETHING, and learn more about her."

"Yo, but if she was one of the biggest criminals, it's going to be dangerous," Sehun pointed out.

"I don't care, I'm going to find out about my sister one way or another," Sarang said with one big helping of confidence.