Chapter Six

Learning the Past (Sequel to Fugitive)

It's been a week since the incident and Kris’ guards came looking for you every day.The school was now buzzing with different rumors; from Sarang’s family being secretly rich to Sarang having an arranged marriage with a billionaire. Sarang started to ignore the crew, though she did tell them it was for the best. Baekhyun slowly became more worried when he caught a glimpse of Kris in the Mercedes Sarang got into. He tried so hard with the rest of the crew to find out what was going on, but was stuck into a pit of confusion. 

“I’m seriously worried about her, guys. She’s been acting differently,” Baekhyun said to the crew in between classes. “She doesn’t even come near us anymore. Hell, she doesn't even smile.”

“Do you think something happened?” D.O asked. “You know, since she’s been so into finding that guy Kris.”

“You don’t think she actually found him… do you?” Lay’s voice began to quiver. “She must be in real trouble of she did.” 

“She’s a big girl. She’s tougher than all of us combined. She’ll be okay,” Chen tried to sound reassuring. 

“No matter how tough she is… the guy we’re talking about even trained the Masked Beauty. Who knows how strong he could be,” Kai stated. 

“Well then… what should we do?” Sehun inputted, quietly. 

They all looked around at each other with a nervous gaze. Even though all of them would call and text her; Sarang ignored them. She even ignored Suho’s calls. Suho felt like he was going to explode. 

“She’s not answering me back, man,” Suho told Chanyeol, as he stared at his phone. 

“Maybe she’s doing something. She is a high school student after all. Maybe she’s going out with some friends.”

“She would still answer me by a text or something. Something’s wrong.”

“Why don’t you try looking for her?”

“And say what? It’ll just look like I’m some e,” Suho snapped, but quickly apologized. “I’m sorry… it’s just that I feel like something happened to her. She seems to be really stubborn like Hyeji, so what if she actually met Kris and she’s in some sort of trouble.”

“I don’t know what to tell you man…"

“I know I’m sorry again; I just feel like I need to protect her. If something happens to her... I don't know what I'll do.”

“Hey I know this is way off, but do you think you’re actually falling for this girl?” Chanyeol asked, cautiously.  

“I don’t know man. I might be feeling something for her because she reminds me so much of Hyeji. I just feel like this is my second chance to make things right…”


One day Sarang couldn’t stand it anymore. She stayed after with Mr. Tao, hoping the hide from the problems. Kris kept training her on how to shoot precisely. He kept forcing her to shoot right in the center; the pit of the stomach or straight into the heart; even into the brain. Even though she didn’t want to admit it, as the days passed, she became dangerously good. Kris was already thinking about taking her to the field. 

“Sarang, are you sure you’re okay?” Mr. Tao asked. 

Sarang nodded. She sat next to Mr. Tao at his desk, holding herself. 

“You’ve been really out of it and you don’t talk anymore… I’m worried about you, Sarang,” Mr. Tao spoke softly.

Without a word, Sarang leaned into Mr. Tao. Even though he was shocked, Mr. Tao put his arm around Sarang’s shoulders and let her cry in the inside. By the time they were done, it was already 4pm. Mr. Tao and Sarang walked out onto almost barren parking lot and was about to say their goodbyes. 

“You need to promise me you’ll be careful, okay?” Mr. Tao started to say. 

Just then, the Mercedes came out of nowhere and Kris’ guards came out. A word wasn't exchanged by anyone, but Sarang and Mr. Tao were forced to get into the car. Bewildered, they were kneeling with their hands and feet bound in front of Kris, who was sitting down. 

"I told you, you couldn 't get away from me, and now because of you your favorite teacher is involved," Kris said, murderously. 

"I'm sorry... I-I don't know what I was thinking," Sarang stuttered, trying to hold back her fear-filled tears. "Please let him go. I'll get back to training."

"Too late for that. You disobeyed me, babe," Kris looked furious. "You and your sister disobeyed me. And you have to pay the price for both of your mistakes."

"Wait, what the hell are you doing to this child?" Mr. Tao spoke up. "You're not really making her the replacement of her sister... right?"

"You're making it sound like a bad thing. For your information, she came to me. I'm just making her fulfil her promise."

"Sarang... explain yourself," Mr. Tao nudged Sarang, who couldn't lift up her head. 

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, Mr. Tao," Sarang's tears started to spill. 

Just then a pipe rammed into Mr. Tao's face. The pipes kept on coming. Sarang screamed and wailed, begging for them to stop. 

"I told you I'll hurt the ones you love, right? Well here's your first example," Kris coldy said. 

"Please! Please, stop! I'll do what you say! I'll shoot anyone you want! I'll steal all the money you want! Please stop hurting him!" Sarang screamed with her tears pouring down and her face red hot. 

"I don't think you fully understood just yet," Kris said as the men continued to beat Mr. Tao with the pipes and their hard, spine-chilling kicks. 

"I understand! I fully understand! I'll be your slave if you want! I'll drop out of school if I have to! I'll be your ing pet! Please!" 

Sarang's cries and screams didn't do anything. Instead she stood up and rammed herself on top of Mr. Tao and a pipe came crashing down onto her ribcage and a life-threatening breath escaped from .


During this time, Suho and Chanyeol was already trying to track down Sarang's whereabouts. After multiple of calls, Suho started to go crazy. The fact that Sarang's "Eat or Die Crew" searched for him and told him that they saw a black Mercedes speeding away from their school made him feel certain that Kris was up to no good.

After just two minutes they tracked her phone at a warehouse at the edge of town. 

"Let's go," Suho told Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun, Sehun, Lay, Chen, Kai, and D.O all followed them out. 

"Where do you guys think you're going," Suho adruptly stopped. "You're not following us."

"We need help too. Sarang's our best friend, and we're going to help," Chen spoke, sternly.

"You guys, you're not trained professionals. As badged officers, we can' t allow you to come along. I'm sorry," Chanyeol put his hand up.

Suho and Chanyeol ran to their car and sped off with their sirens blasting. The crew awkwardly stood around then smirked to each other.

"Technically... they're not allowing us if we secretly follow them, right?" Lay stated.

"Hell yeah," Baekhyun laughed. 

"I remember the place where the warehouse is at," Sehun inputted. "Let's go."


Back at the warehouse, Mr. Tao was almost dead on the floor, but he still wrapped his arm around Sarang. He wiped his mouth that was filled with blood, and glared at Kris, who didn't show any emotion. Sarang was exhausted from her tears and the ruthless beatings. 

"I hope you'll go to hell for this," Mr. Tao weakly but confidently said. 

Kris shrugged then got out of his seat, "As long as I get my point through... Sarang, now what should I do next? Kill him? Kill... you?" 

Sarang couldn't lift up her head, but with a big helping of courage, she glared at Kris. 

"Kill me...," Sarang growled. "ing kill me now..."