Chapter Ten

Learning the Past (Sequel to Fugitive)

Fast forward five years later. Sarang became a respected detective and solved many different cases; from human trafficking and homicides to armed robberies. It was her natural gift that made her perfect for law enforcement; her outgoing and brave attitude with her dangerous stubbornness that keep her going until she found her answer.

Sarang was at her newly bought house with her parents, her “Eat or Die Crew”, Suho, Chanyeol, and even Mr. Tao. Sarang was having a get-together party with all sorts of meats, pastas, soups, and more after she finally finished unpacking.

“I just can’t believe you all became a singer group,” Sarang said, putting the finished mashed potatoes onto the buffet table. “What did you call yourselves?”

“EXO,” Kai answered.

“What a weird name though,” Sarang laughed. “Your fans should call themselves “Exotic.”

“Hey that’s not a bad idea,” Sehun clapped.  “It’s cute.”

“We should tell Lee SooMan,” Lay said, texting right away.

“Yeah, anyway; when are the last two members coming?” Sarang asked Baekhyun.

“They said they’re already here. They’re just coming up now,” Baekhyun answered, looking over the texts.

Just then the doorbell rang and Sarang quickly answered it. She welcomed the two handsome visitors inside.

“Come on in. Hi, my name is Lee Sarang,” Sarang giggled as the two members shook her hand.

“My name is Xiumin and this is Luhan. Thanks for inviting us,” Xiumin smiled back.

As the three made their way back to the rest, Sarang whispered to Baekhyun, “You should’ve invited them more often.”

Baekhyun then pouted and put his arm around her waist, “You’re mine.”

Sarang made a face, but smiled and gave him a peck on the lips, “Don’t worry, babe, with this, everyone knows.” Sarang put up her left hand and showed off the beautiful diamond ring that graced her ring finger. Baekhyun grinned and let her go. Sarang made her way to Kai and Mr. Tao.

“Kai, come on, this is a buffet not some fancy restaurant. Eat more; you too, Tao.”

“Oh those memories when you used to say ‘Mr. Tao’. Where did the nice student Sarang go,” Tao teased.

“She graduated and learned how to kick your ,” Sarang teased back, slapping a steak onto Tao’s plate. “But for old time’s sake… here you go, Panda.”

“Woman, I’m thirty years old now… I’ll just go with ‘Tao’,” Tao laughed, walking away before Sarang could put more food.

Sarang turned to Kai and dumped mashed potatoes onto Kai’s barren plate.

 “I need to diet, woman,” Kai whined.
“Oh diets,” Sarang shooed his words away by grabbed a big steak and slapping it into Kai’s plate. “You know, it’s rude to turn down someone’s generosity.”

“Generosity, my foot,” Kai pouted but laughed anyway.

“D.O! Quit trying to act cool and come eat!” Sarang cried across the living room.

After D.O became an idol, he tried to go for that mysterious feel, which Sarang always laughed at.

“I got spaghetti!”

“COMING!” D.O ran over and flung out a plate.

“You’re such a loser,” Sarang laughed and scooped a lot of pasta onto his plate.

“Yeah, but the fans don’t need to know that.”

“The fans already know, you clueless dork,” Chen laughed.

“Hey unlike someone, everyone else is trying to maintain their weight,” Sarang teased.

Chen looked down at his two plates that were covered and made into mountains with all foods possible. Chen looked back up to Sarang and D.O then shrugged, “Eat or Die Crew, man. Eat or Die.”

The party went on and everyone was happy and full. Suho and Chanyeol later came up to Sarang and gave her a box.

“It took me a while to finally get it back, but here you go.”

“Took us a while, you mean,” Chanyeol nudged Suho playfully.

Sarang opened the box and became speechless. She carefully took out the gold-plated gun and marveled at it; even with the large crack.

“I was thinking about getting that fixed…”

“No, it’s okay. I want it how Hyeji left it,” Sarang quickly stated.

Suho nodded and with Chanyeol, watched Sarang make her way to the living room. Sarang walked up to a framed picture of Hyeji’s license picture. Sarang couldn’t find any pictures of Hyeji so the license photo was all she had. Sarang did however place it on the right of the family portrait of Hyeji, her father, and their mother that she got from Suho. Sarang wasn’t able to put it up at her parents’ house because she noticed how heartbroken her mother would get, but since this was her house, Sarang proudly put it up. Sarang got a stand and placed the gun onto it. Sarang stepped back and stared at Hyeji’s picture.

“Hi Hyeji unni. Well I’m a cop now… I wonder if you would’ve been proud of me… you know, since you were the Masked Beauty and all. Well anyway, we got your gun back. I heard it was your prized possession… I hope you were happy that you met me that one day.  I remember you took me out to the amusement park, and to that pizza place. I just wanted to tell you that you changed my life. I learned more about my family’s past, and met a couple new people. I also found a new passion that I actually followed through with and started doing something with my life. I know I haven’t known you too long before you left, and it’s weird that I have this personal connection and protective instinct over you, but… I love you, unni, so so much.”

The sun then peeked through the living room’s windows and the gun then sparkled… even the dark gray underneath. 


I FINALLY FINISHED THE LAST CHAPTER OF "LEARNING THE PAST"!!! 

I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating the last chapter and it's been almost a week. I hope that this story/fanfic was almost as good as "Fugitive", or at least you like it. 

Fugitive is by far my best and favorite story I have ever written and so I never thought about doing a sequel... well technically I never thought about doing a sequel for any of my stories in general. It's because of a couple people who told me to... Even so, I hope you enjoyed this story, because I thought hard about how I should write it. 

Hey I even added Xiumin and Luhan in the end! So for you're Xiumin/Luhan biased, I GOT CHU! haha

Thank you for your support and I'll be sure to write a new fanfic some time soon!~