We'll be safe here

When Lightning Strikes

 

Chapter 8

“WHAT?!” Zeus shouted at the top of his lungs when Jessica and Donghae shakily told him the truth.

“We-we tried to h-help b-but-” Jessica was shivering. She could faint at the very moment.

“HOW DARE YOU!” again, the powerful Greek god raised his voice.

“We’re really sorry.” Donghae said while bowing down his head.

“DON’T TELL ME THOSE LIES!” Jessica and Donghae were confused and looked at each other.

“What do you mean, sire?” Hae asked.

“They can’t die.”

 

 

-underworld-

 

“WHAT?!” Hades shouted at the top of his lung when his two slaves told him the truth.

“We tried to eliminate them Master but-” the first slave was cut off.

“YOU TRIED?! YOU ARE WORTHLESS!” again, the evil Greek god raised his voice.

“The can’t die Master.” The other one told him.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY CAN’T DIE?!”

 

 

-Hospital, morgue-

 

Eunhyuk and Sungmin were having second thoughts if they should open the two blankets that were placed to cover the bodies of the ones they truly cared about.

“Should we?” Sungmin asked.

“I don’t know.” Hyuk answered.

After a few moments, they both made up their mind. They opened the sheets and were surprised of what they saw.

Hyo and Sunny looked like porcelain dolls. The wound and bruises that Sunny gained earlier were gone and Hyo’s neck was flawless. No cut or hole at all!

“What the…”

 

 

-zeus-

 

“They… can’t die?” Jessica asked, confused.

“Yes. If they do, they’ll be back here safely.” Zeus said.

“I don’t follow.” Donghae confusingly informed Zeus.

“Me too.” Jessica seconded.

“You see, if a god or any other creature that comes from this world and goes to your world, they will immediately become mortals. They only have one mortal body. If they die, their immortal souls will go back here. They can’t go back down their anymore. The creatures and gods up here only has one chance to feel, to live and to experience being mortals.” Zeus explained.

 

“I know that is good news but why am I so sad?” Jessica silently said.

“Me too.” Donghae agreed.

“It’s maybe because they can never see you again.” Zeus suggested.

“Never?” Jessica looked like she wanted to cry.

 

 

-underworld-

 

“I’M SO STUPID! IF ONLY I KNEW LIGHTNING BOLTS COULD ALSO HAVE IMMORTAL SOULS! STUPID!” Hades scolded himself.

“Yeah, and you call yourself a god!” the first slave said. Hades hair of fire turned into orange. Big flaming orange fire hair.

“I know right?” the second slave agreed. Then, Hades’ hair became flaming red.

 

 

 

 

 

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” he then fried his slaves.

 

 

-hyuk&min-

 

“What kind of sick joke is this?!” Eunhyuk exclaimed.

“Don't tell me this is all just a trick.” Sungmin added pulling his hair.

“Hyo! Sunny! Don't fool around! This isn't funny anymore!””Eunhyuk shouted. Frustrated, he kept on screaming at them until he broke down on the floor crying.

“Hyung, it's-it's not a trick. This is all happening. This is all real and there's nothing we can do to change this.” His younger brother added his pessimistic aura.

“They're gone hyung.” he finished with a tear sliding down his face.

“Stop it that's not true.” Hyuk declared angrily.

“Yes it is, accept that fact.” Sungmin told him with a hint of frustration in his voice.

“Shut up!” Eunhyuk stood up and pulled Sungmin's shirt. “Stop saying that!” He shook Sungmin then let him go afterwards.

“You can't deny it Hyung!”then Eunhyuk walked out. Sungmin didn't move for a few seconds then caressed Sunny's face. “Sunny..”

 

 

-zeus and haesica-

 

 

“That then.” Donghae again said for the nth time. Suddenly they heard a familiar voice from behind Zeus.

“Well look at that, here they are. My dears, come. I missed you so much.” Zeus exclaimed happily.

 

“Hyo?”

“Sunny?”