The Trio

When Lightning Strikes

 

“Do you want something to eat?” Donghae asked her and she just nodded her head.

“What do you want?” he asked

“I want a banana please.” She answered. Donghae raised an eyebrow.

“She told me she’s on a banana diet.” I said. What the?! Banana diet? Come on Hyukjae.

“Banana Diet? But you’re all skin and bones! You should eat more.” He told her.

“But I only eat bananas.” She said confused.

“What about me and Eunhyuk make you a banana split?” Say what?!

“Oh no, not in a million years buddy.” I refused and looked at Venus. She frowned.

“Alright, fine.” I sighed in defeat.

“Really? You’ll make me a banana split? Wait, what’s a banana split?” Gosh. She’s naturally cute. I want to pinch her.

“Your so cute.” Donghae beat me to it.

“Hello? Are you just going to pinch her all day or we’ll make one now?”

 

She was eating the banana split so happily then suddenly she asked me.

“This is so delicious! What kind of banana is this?” When I heard what she said I was holding my laughter in. Donghae looked at me like he was about to ask something but before he could I cut in and said.

“Hahaha.” I laughed “You’re so funny girly! Venus doesn’t know what a banana split is Donghae!” I was bluffing.

“You’re such a joker!” I messed her hair.

“Yes!” she shouted. I didn’t know why but that made the surrounding a little less awkward. I sighed in relief.

 

“Hyuk, let’s close the shop. It’s getting late.” Tell me about it, Donghae the Great.

“Venus, come on I’ll take you home.” Donghae smiled at her and offered her a ride home.

“Really? You’ll take me home?” She brightly smiled.

“Yes. Where do you live?” he asked her as he puts on his jacket. And if you’re wondering, I’m at a table cleaning.

“I live in Mount Olympus.” Oh no.

“Mount Olympus? Where is that?” He asked confused.

“I should’ve said above mount Olympus or there.” She pointed at the sky.

“Ha-ha. Real funny. Seriously, where do you live?” he said seriously.

“Mountain peak, northeastern Greece. At around 9,570 ft it is the highest mountain in Greece. It is part of the Olympus range, lying on the border between Macedonia and near the Gulf of Salonika. The summit is snow capped and often has cloud cover. In ancient Greece, it was regarded as the abode of the gods and the site of the throne. That’s where Master lives. If it’s difficult for you, just send me up there.” She said plainly. Donghae’s mouth hang open.

“Her parents are out for a business trip in Greece. And...” I approached Donghae. I whispered something to him.

“She has a lot of counseling meetings because her parents always leave alone in their house. That’s why she was crying earlier.”

“Really?” I can’t believe he bought that. Donghae’s gullible at times.

“Yes. And…” I was adding suspense.

“And?” He asked curiously.

“She ran away.” Nice lie.

“Hello? I’m still here.” Venus shouted pointing both her hands to herself.

“You should stay here. It’s already late.” He told her and she pouted.

“But but… You told me you’re sending me home.” She whined.

“Quit whining. Just stay here for the night. Okay?” I said.

“Okay.” She sighed.

“You sleep in my room okay. I’ll just sleep in the couch.” I sadi and she nodded.

“Thank you.” she smiled.

 

--------------------------

Next day

 

Donghae’s POV

 

“We’re here!” Yuri, one of our daily customers sang happily when she entered the shop.

“Again…” Jessica, the cold looking girl who’s a friend of Yuri said.

“Oppa! Good Morning!” Yoona the pretty doe eyed girl greeted me.

“Good Morning girls, you’re surprisingly early today.” I said.

“It’s quite obvious that these two girls with me are only coming here everyday not for the food but because they just wanted to see you.” Good one Jessica.

“Jessica!” Yoona elbowed her and Yuri slapped her arm.

“Ouch! It’s true!” Honestly, the only one I liked was Jessica.

“What do you ladies, the usual order?” I asked. They are always ordering one order of kimbap and 3 pork ramen.

“Yes Oppa.” Yoona and Yuri said in unison.

“Oh brother. Forgive these girls Donghae. They are-” Sica was unable to finish her sentence because there was a noise coming from the kitchen.

“What was that?” Yuri said.

“Excuse me.” I ran to the back.

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

“What are you doing?!” I yelled at Venus who was at the top of the refrigerator.

“I saw something! I saw a something! I think it’s a monster!” She screamed.

“What? Where?” I asked shocked.

“There!” I followed her hand which was pointing to something. Great the monster was Donghae’s life sized clown balloon.

“This is the monster?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“What happened?!” Donghae barged in the kitchen. “What are you doing up there?” he asked.

“This is why.” Donghae just laughed.

“Come down now.” He said helping her go down.

“What is that thing?!” she asked still terrified.

“A toy. Don’t worry it’s harmless.” I said and she faked a smile.

 

“Here you go girls.” I served the orders of our first customers.

“Where’s Donghae Oppa?” Yoona asked.

“He’s in the bathroom. Now, if you’ll excuse me. I’ll go take the others’ orders.” I went to the other table.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

Eunhyuk left our table then went to the other.

 

“Guys, aren’t you tired of eating the same food everyday?” I said.

“What do you want for tomorrow then? They still have more noodles. And they also have dumplings.” Yuri answered. I sighed in frustration.

“That’s not what I meant. I wanted to you know, change eating place for once.” I told them.

“But unnie, Donghae oppa works here.” Aish. I can’t convince these girls to not EAT here.

“Never mind I said that.” I sighed again.

“Oooh. Who’s that girl?” Yoona pointed at the kitchen. We saw a girl looking at canned goods.

“Let’s go girls.” Yuri said and went in the kitchen. Yoona followed. I guess I have no choice but to come along.

 

“Hi!” Yuri greeted the blonde hair girl.

“Hi?” she said confused.

“I’m Yu-”

“Yah! What are you doing here?! This is authorized person only!” Eunhyuk shouted as he entered the kitchen.

“Why are shouting?” Donghae questioned when he went out the toilet.

“Get these girls out of here!” he shouted again.

“Stop yelling!” the girl said.

“I like your hair!” Yoona played with her hair.

“Uhh… Thanks?” she said.

“By the way, what is your name? I’m Yuri and this is Yoona and Jessica.” Yuri introduced us.

“I’m Venus-”

“And she’s my sister.” Say what?! The moment when Donghae said that was unbelievable.

“She’s you sister?” Yuri asked.

“I’m not his sister.” Venus denied.

“Then who are you?” asked Yoona.

“I’m a light-” she was about to say something when Eunhyuk cut her off.

“She’s a friend. We’re uhh… cousins.” He smiled sheepishly.

“I’m not your cousin.” Again, Venus denied.

Seriously, who are you?” It was my turn to ask her.

“She’s my girlfriend.” Donghae finally said. What am I feeling? Am I disappointed?

“What?!” Yoona and Yuri shouted.