Chapter 8

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Not an update! Chapter 7 was just split into two since it was chunky...don't read if you already did.

 

Woohyun

Working for almost a week without Sungjong was bland. People passed in and out of the building, but none of them was a beautiful man who had captured my heart. The dismal days went on and on, until I had heard some very special news.

Apparently Sungyeol's company successfully handled the kissing scandal so that Sungyeol wasn't completely exiled from the industry. They sent out more dating scandals between idol groups to draw attention away from Sungyeol. And since a lot of the vicious haters were more intrigued with idols, they aimed their hatred towards them instead. Sungyeol was still outed as a gay actor and people still refused to acknowledge him, but for now Sungjong would be safe.

Sunggyu was too busy in his work, so he sent me to deliver the news to Sungjong. I drove over to his house, and was greeted by Sunggyu's friend at the door (I think his name was Byunghun or something?). He hesitated to let me in, but Sungjong appeared and happily dragged me inside.

"Woohyun, what are you doing here?" He said excitedly.

"I've come to tell you that you can come back to the company now! Since the hate over Sungyeol and you died down, it's safe for you to go back to work! Isn't this great news!" Sungjong jumped happily, and gave big bear hugs to both me and Byunghun.

"So there's still a chance for me after all!" he exclaimed.

"Oh, and get this. You are now allowed to accept credit for Sungyeol's project, and you get all the profits from it in return!"

Sungjong's face went blank, trying to process all the information I had just told him. He jumped into my arms and said, "Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! You don't know how happy I am now, Woohyun!" 

I stumbled a bit, trying to not drop Sungjong while he was hanging onto me. "Anytime, Jongie," I responded in a muffled voice. He dropped back down onto the ground and straightened out his clothes.

"Can I start back at work tomorrow then?" he asked.

"That's right. Plus, the sooner the better! You don't know how much I - err, we, missed you." 

Sungjong giggled at my stumble in words. "You don't have to be embarrassed for missing me, Woohyun. I missed you too!" I grinned stupidly at what he said. The happy Sungjong was now back with us.

Sungjong

Going back to my normal job put any doubts I had about my future to the side. I could still be working in the industry I always wanted to, and everything would be great. Approaching my normal office, I noticed that the petite office was empty of all furniture except for the bare desk that sat in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter