Chapter 11

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong

I tried struggling against the rough grip to no avail. The person who had caught me had iron-locked hands that did not intend to let me go at all. I would have been better off trying to rip a steel lock open in all honesty. No matter what I did, the arms wouldn't budge, and they only seemed to tighten harder. It wasn't hard for me to figure out who it was out of the four, as only one person was capable of this strength. I could feel the size of his biceps around my shoulders, and they were quite impressive. I guess his rigorous training had paid off, after all.

"Hoya, let me go!" I cried out while squirming in place.

"Nope, you're mine now hehe." Although I couldn't turn around to see his smug expression, his words were enough to tell me that it was there. I decided to end any remaining attempts I had at escaping since it seemed impossible to elude the powerful man's grip. Plus, I was quite worn out from the previous running.

Sighing, I asked, "Where are all the others that were with you?"

"We all split up to look for you, and I guess I was the lucky winner."

"Quit bragging, I'm not some sort of prize." Hoya responded to that by picking me up and tossing me over his shoulder.

"Hey, let me down!" I tried hitting his backside as hard as possible, but he just continued to walk as if I was a pesky fly.

~~~

After about 30 minutes, I grew restless at where Hoya was taking me. "Where are we going?" I whined out. My answer was just simple silence. "Ugh, Hoya! It's 8:00 already! I just want to go home now," I yelled to the ground. Again, I got silence in return.

Eventually, the two of us came to a stop, and I assumed we arrived at the destination. Hoya took my phone out of my pocket to my disapproval, but I didn't flinch at all (it was pointless for me to resist anyway). I felt the evening air turn cooler, and a fresh, salty scent filled the air. From my view, the gray concrete morphed into dusty sand with bits of sediment haphazardly scattered everywhere. The sounds of the crashing waves came nearer, and I instantly knew where we were.

I opened my mouth to speak to Hoya, but the words were quickly replaced with cold water. Hoya had changed the carrying position to bridal style, and then stripped me of my shoes, shirt, and socks. Normally, I would be shocked that he could do all of that with one free hand, but my mind was concerned on the following events to occur. He proceeded to powerfully launch me sideways into the ocean, and I could hear a brief laugh before coldness enveloped my body. Shivering with the freezing water, I shrieked at the sudden change in temperature. 

"HOYA!" He was so gonna get it for this. Hoya stood there, an obvious look of satisfaction on his face. His arms were crossed, looking at me as if I deserved the cold dunking. Lucky for him, I was able to swim, so he wouldn't have to feel guilty for tossing me into the water. I angrily paddled towards shore in abrupt until I could feel pebbles poke the bottom of my feet.

An idea reached my head, and I had a mischievous smile form across my face. The smug look on Hoya's face immediately vanished, and I could see slight fear take over. He had reason to be scared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter