Chapter 10

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong

The days right after filming the variety show were quite dry. I would go to the company building, work on Myungoo's project, and then go home to Sunggyu. I wanted to play games with Sunggyu at home so I didn't feel bored, but he was too exhausted and just wanted to cuddle. The same process repeated each day, and the process sickened me. I had no one to brighten my day except Woohyun and Byunghun, and Byunghun was always serious when he was working. Even when I could get a smile out of him, his face immediately melted back into cold seriousness.

As for the project itself, Myungsoo only showed up to evaluate my progress and then he would leave. The visit literally consisted of several nods of approval, several words of advice, and silence to fill up the rest. He didn't even dare to look at me in the eyes. Truthfully, I felt a bit glad that he only stayed for a few minutes. I remembered what had happened right when filming had ended, and that memory did not need to be brought up again. 

Originally Myungsoo wanted to be the model for his own project, but we both wanted to ditch the idea. I insisted on using a different model so I was more comfortable, borrowing Jinki from Kibum. Jinki was a kind, quiet guy and he probably wouldn't feel weird around me. However, Kibum was extremely possessive over him. He said he was obligated to watch the two of us work, and I couldn't do anything to kick him out. When I was moving the clothes around Jinki and measuring the lengths, Key let out obvious signs of discomfort from his seat in the corner.

"You know, you don't have to be here," I complained to Kibum.

"He's my model, my boyfriend, so I have plenty of reason to be here right now," he insisted.

The minutes went by in that same awkward atmosphere with me working, Kibum glaring, and Jinki nervously shaking. Kibum seemed to have quite the control over his own boyfriend, not that I was shocked anyway. And apparently measuring his legs was crossing borders, as Kibum tore me off of Jinki and took over my work. 

"Only I can touch Jinki, got that?" he hissed.

I gave a scared nod of understanding, then decided to leave the two alone until Key had finished. There was no need to sit in a room with an angry Kibum. The same process had repeated for several days, until it was at the point where I just let Key do the whole project in general. I really didn't mind it though since I needed a break from work from these big projects.

In all honesty, this was a really weird project to start with anyway. Myungsoo's sense of fashion really bothered me, and I was unsure if his vision could be seen by others. Almost all of the outfits that he had approved of were either black or dark-colored. I already knew that he liked those colors, but in terms of selling to an audience, it was plain weird. No whites, yellows, oranges, nothing! It looked like the clothing line would only appeal to stiff businessmen, but hey, it's what Myungsoo wants.

Over the days, I got closer to the MCs of "Fight of the Lovers," Chaejin and Seyong. It was extremely easy to see that they were a couple, so I hung with them whenever I didn't want to deal with any of the others. The two were actually trainees that were preparing for a debut, and they somehow got the hosting gig before. They were really kind and supportive of the love situation that I was in, and they kept on telling me that it'll get better soon. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter