Chapter 13

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong

--- A week before ---

When the filming for the first episode of "Battle of the Lovers" had finished, Sungyeol and I were walking off the set with a content expression on our face. We were basking in our glory from our victory over Myungsoo and Doyeon, and I was still happy at nailing her with a dodge ball. We had proved ourselves to be the couple that had triumphed over all of the rest, and the feeling was good. Turns out that even the audience also liked us as a couple, hearing their loud cheers when we won. Today, Sungyeol and I had made a great difference just by showing up here, and it was quite amazing.

"You did well, Yeollie," I said while patting him on the back.

"Not as good as you, Sungjong." He pinched my cheeks and cutely smiled.

"We should come here more often, so we can win more. That sound great?" I offered.

"As long as I'm with youuuu."

"Can the cheesy lines for now, Sungyeol. You're beginning to sound like Woohyun."

"Aww okay, I'll keep it in for next time then," he said with a pout.

 Sungyeol had filming right after the show, so we parted ways at the front door. He tried to give me a kiss, but with all the people watching, we settled with a peck on the cheek. Even so, most of the bystanders gushed over it and laughed at my embarrassment. I turned away from the front door, quickly speed walking out of the awkward scenario.

I still had to clean off the makeup that the staff put on me, so I went backstage to look for the dressing room. I knew I could've done it at home, but it's not like I ever owned remover, as makeup wasn't really a necessity for me. I tried multiple doors cautiously and slowly, not wanting to interrupt anyone. Finally finding the door that had 'dressing room' on it (go figure), I confidently entered the room.

The stylists were on their break, happily chatting with each other in the corner of the room. I heard some gossip about some familiar celebrity names I'd seen, but frankly I didn't care about those celebrities so I quickly approached the group. "Umm, do you have makeup remover?" I shyly said.

"Oh of course! It's over there on the counter," one of the stylists said pointing over to the dresser.

I quickly stepped towards the drawer, making quick and small steps. I heard the other stylists make hushed comments about how cute I was, and what a pity it was that I was with Sungyeol. Concealing the blush on my face, I tilted my face downwards and looked through the various containers, searching for the correct one. "It's not here," I softly called out.

"Oh it's not? I'll go get some more then, okay?" The stylist walked out the door, leaving the rest of us here in awkward silence.

"So how does it feel to date Lee Sungyeol?" one of the younger members asked.

"Well...uhh it's, it's great I guess," I barely choked out under the pressure.

"You two look adorable together. It looks just like the dramas! Well except that you're both guys, but you know what I mean!" the youngest responded.

"Yeah, you're definitely cuter than most couples in the industry. Plus, most of them are fake, too." another stylist said.

"Fake? What do you mean by that?" I questioned.

"Like Myungsoo and Doyeon. They may seem like a cute couple on screen, but behind the scenes, Myungsoo barely bats an eye at her," She said in a matter-of-fact tone. So he was telling the truth.

"In fact, he secretly requests to be far away from her whenever possible." The group started giggling, and even I found myself laughing along to the gossip. For the rest of the wait, the group of us just sat there, talking all about all sorts of celebrities. My mouth kept on dropping, hearing the descriptive details about how the real images of celebrities were.

By the time I was comf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter