Chapter 18

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong

The next day, I got up in preparation for whatever my next fashion project was going to be. My success in the industry was doing quite well, with my name getting out through the scandal and the variety shows. I owed everything to Sungyeol and Sunggyu though, as they were the main causes for getting me this far. They were really caring people, and I wouldn't know what to do without them.

Lifting myself out of bed, I headed downstairs to get a quick breakfast before I left to work. However, Sunggyu quickly shoved me back out of the kitchen and up the stairs into the bedroom. "Why are you depriving me of food?" I whined out.

"You're off work today, so take the day to rest alright? I'll send Byunghun over if you want, so it'll be like old times," he said with a smile.

"But Sunggyu, I was always bored at home anyways," I continued to complain.

"You have nothing to do at work, so just stay home and be good, alright?" 

"Ugh, fine." Even if I tried to go to work, Sunggyu would probably find some way to toss me back home, whether I wanted to or not. "Have fun at work, Sunggyu." I brightly said with a wave. 

"Of course I will," he responded, giving me a quick peck on the lips. It was a bit unlike him to give me quick kisses, but maybe he was in a good mood today. Hesitantly, he left our room and headed to the car. I heard the loud noise of the garage closing, and lay back down onto the mattress. A day off of work would be nice to have once in a while.

~~~

"Sungjongie, wake up!" I was hit with a barrage of strikes from a pillow before I decided to raise myself up. Sitting there in place, I slowly rubbed my eyes, the blurry figure in front of me clearing up.

"Oh hey Byunghun, how you doing today?" I lazily asked.

"I'm here to take care of you, like how we used to. Now come on, let's go play games!" he happily cheered.

"Can't I at least get some breakfast or something? I need food..."

"You can wait. It's almost lunchtime anyways, so let's go play!" Groaning, I hobbled up and clung to Byunghun, letting him guide me down the stairs. Once I was set down on the couch, Byunghun dashed up to the TV to look through the various video games Sunggyu had. Finding the first racing game that we played together, he quickly put the disc in and grabbed controllers for us.

"Why are you so excited to play games today?" I questioned.

"Today is supposed the best day at home for you!" He joyfully yelled out, throwing his arms in the air.

"Did Sunggyu tell you that?" Suddenly, his expression fell.

"Yeah," he sheepishly admitted. "But it means he cares for you, right?" 

"Totally! Sunggyu always cares for me," I stated.

"Is it nice?" Byunghun curiously asked.

"Well yeah, I guess so. Why do you ask?"

"You know Lee Sungyeol's manager? That guy that you saw with me in the office that one day, when we were..." 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah don't give me images," I playfully . "So what do you want to say about your little boyfriend," I said with a smirk.

"I-I don't think things are going well."

"Why, what's the problem?" I asked. Suddenly Byunghun's face lit up red with embarrassment, and his eyes started to shift all across the room. I looked down to his lap to see that his hands were nervously fiddling with his clothes, grabbing and dropping pinches of his jeans. 

"Umm...well..." Byunghun bashfully started out.

"Out with it!" I yelled at him out of irritation.

"I don't think he likes, the umm...the -"

"Just say it Byunghun, before I get annoyed!" Truthfully I was already annoyed by his reluctance to answer, but we were friends and he should be able to say these things to me.

"Okay, okay. I don't think he particularly likes the ..." he finally responded, his face completely flushed red. He looked up to see my reaction, and I just stared him at a moment, before breaking out into fits of hysterical laughter. Byunghun just looked at me like I was crazy, and it didn't stop until a couple minutes were over.

"Alright, how do you know that he hates the ?" I asked, trying to contain my giggles from the entertaining situation.

"I don't know, he just doesn't talk to me after it. Maybe I'm bad at it or something," he weakly spoke out.

"If you were bad at the , then why would you guys keep on doing it over and over? And especially in my office of all places?" I laughed out.

"Well when Chunji gets , there's no telling what he'll do. I mean, one time we were walking on the streets and-"

"You better stop right there, Byunghun before I have to tape your mouth shut. Some things are better kept secret, okay?" Byunghun scrunched back up in embarassment, and I had to laugh at him again. "You're freaking out over nothing, Byunghun. As long as you two are happy with each other, I don't think is a problem. Unless you do some really embarrassing things in the bedroom, then there’s nothing to worry over."

"Well..."

"Do you want me to get the tape?" I quickly interrupted, making sure that he wouldn’t tell me anything too personal. Byunghun’s cheeks turned back to red, and I playfully hit him. All of my friends were in such adorable relationships, and here I was in the center of six men. What I would do to switch positions with them.

~~~

After several races between us (with some surprising cussing that I never expected from Byunghun), we finally terminated our video game spree. I don't think fun specifically qualifies as playing video games the whole day, so I told Byunghun that it'd be better for us to just do something else.

"Why don't we visit Sunggyu at work?" I proposed, wanting to give him a happy surprise. However, Byunghun's expression froze up and he did his nervous fiddling routine all over again.

"Y-you can't do that," he stuttered out. "You have to stay home, and have fun with me!" he demanded in a loud voice, a bit too forcefully for my taste. There was something definitely fishy about Byunghun right now, and I had to get right to the bottom of it.

"What's wrong at work?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Umm, well...Sunggyu's very busy today, and he doesn't need distractions."

"You're a terrible liar, Byunghun."

"It's the truth!" he insisted.

"No it isn't! Just take me there now, okay?" I yelled out. I regretted sounding mean at the moment, but after Sunggyu was acting so weird today and last night, I had t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter