Chapter 4

Caught in the Crossfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong

The next few days flew by, as I was too swamped in my work to do anything else. The deadline for Sungyeol's clothing line was approaching soon, and the showcase would be in 3-4 days. I began to work overtime so that I could have more time to perfect all of the clothes that would be presented at the runway.

We decided to name the clothing line "The Chaser." The clothing itself consisted of various silks and fabrics, and came in blue, silver, white, and black colors. The name was given by Sungyeol to describe the chase for a lover, and how men could use our clothing to accomplish just that. Both of us were content with how the work was progressing, and I was content that I would leave a huge mark in the market.

Working with Myungsoo as a model actually wasn't that bad, to be honest. Sungyeol was always around to keep watch for anything suspicious, and so Myungsoo always behaved. Even when I had to come close so I could measure him, Myungsoo kept a straight expression on his face and I thought that he was able to pull this off professionally. Obviously I was wrong because when I knelt down to measure his legs, he chuckled loudly, probably remembering times when I was in this similar position. Sungyeol must have done something, since Myungsoo shut up within 10 seconds and returned to his expressionless face.

However, I figured out that working too much put a lot of stress on my body. Going overtime in the cold indoors of the company building and then changing to the hot weather outside had led to me developing a nasty cold. Soon I was violently sneezing and coughing, so I took medicine to help it. Although the timing was bad for sickness and I wanted to continue working on "The Chaser" clothing line, I was insisted by Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and even Sunggyu to take a day off for sickness.

I spent the rest of the day curled up on the couch, watching dramas and variety shows to keep my mood up. Since Hoya was off training today, he decided to stay home and take care of me, acting like a personal servant. He would give me things when I needed them, fluff my pillows for me, or even change the channel for me when I got bored of the show.

"Hoya?" I called out.

"Yes, Sungjong?"

"Do we have any soup? I feel a bit hungry..." 

"Would hot chocolate do? That's the closest thing we have to hot liquid, or anything flavored really."

"Remind me to go shopping when I get better. We need to actually cook every once and a while, since eating outside all of the time must be bad for you." I heard a mumble in reply, and Hoya came back from the kitchen with his normal snacks. He plopped down on the couch next to me, and stole the remote to change the channel. He tucked me under his arm, and wrapped the blanket around all of us. 

"Aren't you afraid of getting sick?" I grumbled.

"It'll be fine Sungjong. I barely get sick anyways and we live in the same place so it'd be unavoidable."

"I guess so," I muttered. Suddenly, a curious thought formed in my mind, considering I didn't know that much about Hoya. "Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

The question seemed to startle him, as he was a bit taken aback by it. He responded, "Well not now, but yes I had a couple of girlfriends before meeting you." I felt his heart beat faster under my head.

"Is it nice?" I wondered.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, is it fun being able to do anything you want without worrying?"

"Worrying? Why would you have to worry, Sungjong?"

"Well, whenever I have a boyfriend, we always have to keep it under wraps. If we hold hands in public or kiss, people look at us weirdly and they say mean things. I don't like it when people hate me," I pouted as I said the last part.

Hoya seemed to be shocked at my thoughts, but he answered to me anyway. "If you really love someone enough, then you shouldn't have to keep it a secret and you shouldn't have to ever worry about what people think. You can kiss if you want to, and you can hold hands if you want to. In the end, you are with the person you love, so who cares?" His genuine words lightened me up, and I was a bit more eased.

I felt his heartbeat sped up once again. "D-do you love someone right now?" There we go again, that same question.

I sighed at hearing this a second time. "To be quite honest, I have so many people in my life. I wish I could split my heart and give it to all of you, but it would be very hard. I know that I love everyone, but I think I can only go far with one person." Some tears begin trickling down my cheek and I began coughing a bit. "It's just hard..."

Hoya's grip around me tightened, and he used his hand to wipe away my tears. He whispered that things were going to be okay into my ear, and softly rubbed my arm to calm me down. It was actually really comforting and nice to feel his gentle touch. "You look really scary on the outside, but you're actually really nice, Hoya. Like a stuffed animal," I said with a faint smile. We stayed in comfort until I drifted into slumber.

~~~

Hours later, I woke up in the night in the same position. I felt a soft hand brushing through my hair, and warm arms wrapped around my front side. I was shocked at how long Hoya and I had stayed in this position, but I still wanted to still remain in his arms. I felt him slowly get up (he probably thought I was sleeping) and minutes later, I heard the front door shut close. He probably wanted to get a midnight snack, I thought. Hoya's always hungry anyways. 

I hopped from the couch, still periodically sneezing, and came to Dongwoo's room again. He seemed to be half-asleep, but still aware of my presence. I slipped into the elder's bed and like usual, his arms tightly wrapped around my waist. I turned around and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek, falling asleep while facing him.

~~~

The next day, my cold had faded away and I arrived into my office to see a huge white teddy bear sitting on my desk. I came closer to examine the fluffy bear, and the CEO popped out from behind. 

"Surprise!" Sunggyu sang happily.

I laughed at the rare cuteness that he displayed, and gave him a big hug as thanks for the present. Sunggyu always seemed to surprise me somehow, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter