Sweet Escape

YONGSEO CATCHING UP W/ EACH OTHER AFTER 3 YEARS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

S E P T E M B E R   2 0 1 4

 

 

It’s been tough these past days.

 

September has just started yet a lot has been going on already. Last month, Girls’ Generation began promoting for their next comeback (#catchgg). Vast preparations have been made. Many fans have been wondering what “catchgg” is all about.

Unknown to the public, the nine girls have already finished filming the Japanese version music video for their new song “Catch Me If You Can”.

 

Aside from SNSD’s preparations for their near comeback, TaeTiSeo’s comeback was Seohyun’s focus as well. Continuous rehearsals, photoshoots and recordings. The fact that TaeTiSeo themselves were in charge of putting up their own music for their album, made them occupied as ever.

Seohyun wasn’t able to talk fully to Yonghwa for weeks, and she felt horribly bad for it. When the day ends, she would fall asleep even before she can read Yonghwa’s goodnight text.

 

Time was obviously not on their side.

 

 

“You can’t choose both. If you do, one would have to suffer, Jessica.”

 

The 9 girls are now in a meeting with SM entertainment’s board of directors. They’re currently tackling Jessica’s soon hiatus.

 

“I understand. It’s just that… Girls’ Generation have been my life. And at the same time, I want to pursue my other passion.”

 

“Then, it’s all decided then. You’ll take a break after this upcoming comeback. For you to be able to focus on your business matters.”

 

 

All eight members are deeply saddened by this news. But of course, they have to respect Jessica’s life-long dream to run a fashion business.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun can’t help but get emotional over this. Even if it’s just a soon-to-be temporary leave of her Jessica unnie. She managed her best to hold back her tears.

 

When the meeting has ended, all were just silent. It seems like it was just yesterday when all nine of them are laughing loudly in one dormitory. Less worries and more freedom. But gone are the young days. Now, they have to deal with these kinds of obstacles/stress with a firm hold and face whatever lies ahead of them.

 

One thing that they keep in mind: They will always come back to each other. For they will always be one no matter what. They will always choose Girls' Generation until the end. 

 

 

“You can’t choose both. If you do, one would have to suffer.”  keeps on echoing in Seohyun’s head.

 

This is the time when Seohyun started having second thoughts.

 

 

 

 

It's already 10 in the evening. The day is about to end. Seohyun’s mind is still in an obscure state of confusion. Her drained and tired self from rehearsals just adds up to her clouded thoughts. She almost threw herself at the couch.

She wanted to breathe fresh air so she decided to take a short walk outside of their dormitory. Her parents are soundly asleep, no need to bother them. She grabbed her purse, put on a cap then headed out silently.

 

Just as she closed the door…

someone grabbed her from her back.

 

“OMO!!” Her shock was barely audible because of the hands covering . She held her purse tightly. Seohyun’s heart was racing so fast, she never imagined that she would be a crime victim just in front of her home.

 

They were suddenly still. Seohyun thinks of a way to escape this strong stranger holding her in his arms. She couldn’t see his face. When she observed closely the hands covering , she could feel the rough and hard fingertips. A guitarist, perhaps. Seohyun thought.

Then she saw a familiar bracelet on his wrist… The same bracelet as hers.

 

“Ahh jinjja!!!” She bit Yonghwa’s hand in frustration. “Choding!”

 

“Ouch! What was that for?” Yonghwa, who is also wearing a cap, took off his face mask and gave Seohyun his most innocent and dazzling smile.

 

“You almost gave me a heart attack, oppa!”

 

“So we’re even now. You gave me one too.” Yonghwa chuckles as he points to the left side of his chest. “You make my heart stop… whenever I’m near you.”

 

Seohyun suddenly realized that they were standing too close to each other… so she agitatedly stepped backward.

 

“It’s been weeks, Seo Ju Hyun. You owe me big time.” Yonghwa said in a teasing tone. His eyes were so tired yet eager to see her.

 

“W-why are you here, oppa?” She muttered, still shocked and confused.

 

“We’re going somewhere.” Before Seohyun can object, Yonghwa pulled her wrist and took her to somewhere unknown.

 

 

Seohyun was nervous all along. She tries her best to cover her face with her cap and hoodie. Yonghwa has his face all covered as well, with a hoodie, cap and face mask.

 

Minutes later, they finally arrived at the parking area.

Yonghwa took her to his car.

 

“Hop in.” He demanded as he opens the door for the front seat.

“Oppa, I think I should head back… Someone might see us.” She kept on looking at the surroundings, being cautious as ever.

“I got this, okay?” Even if Yonghwa knows himself that he’s taking a huge risk. He gave Seohyun a reassuring and a somewhat pleading smile.

Seohyun took a deep breath and decided to give in. “Arraseo.” Which made Yonghwa’s smile reach his eyes.

 

...

 

Just as the two were seated.....

 

“Oppa, wear your seatbelt.” Seohyun said sternly as she wears hers. It wasn’t a joke at all but it made Yonghwa laugh so hard. Seohyun gave him a weird look.

 

“You still haven’t change, Seohyun-ah.” He said after laughing hysterically.

 

“Mwoya? I’m serious.”

 

Yonghwa laughed again and obeyed his ex-wife’s command. “Arraseo arrasseo.” He wittily complied like how he used to.

 

 

...

 

When they were already settled inside the car, Yonghwa’s smile never left his face while he's driving.

 

“Wae are you smiling? You’re creeping me out.” A small smile formed on Seohyun's lips as well.

 

“This brings me back to old memories…” Yonghwa said as he looked intently at Seohyun.

 

 

 

Seohyun paused for a minute and remembered such precious moments from the past. It's coming to her all at once. She never imagined that this scenario of her seating beside her ex-husband in a car would ever happen again after their last day of virtual marriage, three years ago. They both felt nostalgic at this moment.

 

Seohyun observed her ex-husband closely. Yonghwa's an excellent driver now, in which she's not used to. What do I expect... It's been more than three years already. Time flies really fast.

 

"Remember the time when we failed our driver's licensure test together?" Yonghwa asked gleefully. Such happenings keep on playing in his head.

 

"Ne~ I won't ever forget that. It was frustrating to fail the first try!" Seohyun laughed a little.

 

"But it was fun."

 

"Yeah."

 

Upon heading down this memory lane,

Yonghwa was delighted and… Seohyun became kinda sad.

 

...

 

Silence filled in the air. It seems like Seohyun shifted into a different mood, but she chose not to show it. Yonghwa knew that something was up, he was about to ask her just when Seohyun opened up a topic.

 

“I went to Switzerland a couple of weeks ago. With my parents.”

 

“Jinjja? How was it?”

 

“It was very refreshing. I really needed that trip.” Seohyun wished that the trip lasted longer. Even though she doesn’t show it that much, her exhaustion and lack of rest make her distressed.

 

“Someday, we’re going to travel too. Just the two of us.” Yonghwa said so surely.

“Maybe in Hawaii? We both like to go there.” He continued.

 

In response, Seohyun nods slowly and smiles hopefully at the thought of it.

Even if a part of her knows… that it may only remain as a wish.

 

“During our trip, I wrote a song while watching the snow.” Seohyun continued while looking at the window. It’s almost winter.

 

“Is it for me??” Yonghwa asked shamelessly which made Seohyun burst into laughter.

 

“Hmmm.. you’ll soon find out.” She answered, full of wit.

 

“Aish. Let me hear it now.” Yonghwa demanded impatiently. It feels like just yesterday when he's coaching her on how to write the lyrics of a song. Hearing this accomplishment of Seohyun makes him the proudest nampyeon ever. He already wants to hear it so badly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter