Coincidence, Coincidence

Eyes Don't Tell Me Lies

Tiffany was humming a random song when she felt the car stopped.

Taking off her earphones, she looked to the window. There was a traffic jam, it seemed. She frowned. Traffic jam at this hour? She could be late for dinner if it kept going on like this, unmoving. It was a rare sight seeing such traffic jam, especially when the New Year celebration had passed.

She then heard Sunny sighed,

“Seriously that mall.”

The singer shoved her head in between the front seats, “Mall? What mall? Why mall?”

“Mall of Seoul, that one.” Jihoon pointed at the front, “Those cars are queuing to get there, that’s why the traffic’s ruined.”

Tiffany bent her head a little to get a view. There was a new mal, a shopping avenue for high class people. It was named Mall of Seoul, probably one of the biggest in the city. And it was long awaited until finally the opening was set right after the New Year. Such a good timing to attract customers, Tiffany thought.

She pursed her lips. Tiffany also wanted to go there too. Maybe to buy one or two items since shopping was one of her favourite activities. But sadly, she couldn’t because it was still too crowded and risky.

“Whoa, look at those cars.” Tiffany mumbled, feeling a slight envy.

“I know, right.” Sunny nodded.

“Hey!” Tiffany tapped her manager’s shoulder, “Let’s go there too, Kyu! Please?”

Sunny frowned, “Of course no! I’ve told you, it’s too crowded. It would be uncomfortable. How if people recognized you, what would you do?”

“But still…” A pout, “It’s been a while since I went shopping.”

“Later, Fany.” Jihoon said, “Not at the moment. You should focus to your recordings first. And tomorrow you have a morning interview.”

Reminded about her schedule, Tiffany puffed a breath and leaned her back with a groan. A morning interview, what was it for? Tiffany always hated morning interviews. Especially when she finished her schedule late in the night before it. She was lucky this time she didn’t have anything to do left for the rest of the day.

“I hate morning interviews.” She sighed.

“We do too.” Her managers replied back almost simultaneously.

-

Happy New Year, Unnie! Fighting!

Happy New Year Tiffany Unnie… I’ll always support you! ^^

Noona, Happy New Year! Waiting for your comeback!

Happy New Year…

Happy New Year…

Happy New Year….

 

Smiling, Tiffany opened the greeting cards one by one. All of them had almost the same greeting, which was Happy New Year. Mostly pink, those cards were placed untouched on the table in the living room. Instead of giving various gifts, Tiffany had told her fans before to use the money for better, such as charity and stuff. And now they sent her greeting cards for the New Year. Tiffany found it cute.

The fans had sent it a few weeks ago, some even before the New Year, but Tiffany couldn’t find time between her schedules to read those until today. She had finished a photo shoot and a CF shooting early. She quickly headed back to her apartment and found these waiting cards on the table.

After almost an hour, Tiffany finally tossed down the last card. Her smile started fading. It had always been the same every year. Tiffany could picture herself doing the same thing in the next year, and the next, and the next. There was nothing new. Everything about her New Year would always stay the same.

She gathered all the cards together and put them aside then she decided to just watch TV. Lazily, she lowered her position on the couch, her hand busy clicking the remote to find a nice show to watch.

She almost gasped when a familiar face popped on the screen. Lim Yoona.

Slowly, she put her hand down onto her lap. Her eyes were fixed to the screen.

It was the news talking about the upcoming movie, Midnight’s Dream. It was still a hot topic, and Tiffany guessed it would always be until the release. The filming had already started. The actress had become busy again. Tiffany didn’t know whether she was happy or upset. Happy because of the new movie, or upset because Lim Yoona and her had also become distant.

Tiffany was a coward, and lacking self-confidence. She didn’t want to make the first move between her and the actress. It was always the latter. Tiffany was simply shy. So when Lim Yoona didn’t do anything, then nothing would happen. When she didn’t call, then they wouldn’t meet. It was basically up to that goddess, Tiffany realized. And as expected, Tiffany was willing to stay like that.

What were they, anyway?

Her train of thoughts abruptly stopped when Lee Seunggi’s face also appeared from nowhere. There was quite a lot of news about them already. Saying they had a strong chemistry, had the same goal and perspective, even made for each other. Tiffany didn’t like it. Just as much as she did to Lim Yoona’s previous co-stars.

Ungrateful dudes. She boosted your names up!

And this news on the TV wasn’t any different.

“Viewers are really anticipating this movie! Apparently, the director said that Lim Yoona and Lee Seunggi didn’t need much briefing for their scenes. Their chemistry is simply there!”

Tiffany scoffed, “My .”

The news was finished and Tiffany was too lazy to change the channel. She put the remote down and waited as the commercial break started. There were many new faces on the CFs, it seemed. How many singers debuted last year? Tiffany couldn’t keep up except the ones from her company.

After some commercials with singers in it, suddenly the Mall of Seoul’s one came up.

Tiffany sighed. It was the nth time she watched the commercial and yet she still couldn’t go there. The mall was huge, and if you were a shopaholic that would definitely be your heaven. And sadly, Tiffany was one.

Quickly, she grabbed her phone and texted Sunny, asking if she had another schedule that day. After a really long three minutes, Sunny replied, saying no.

Tiffany smirked to herself. This would end well.

-

It was half past 8PM when Tiffany, finally, parked her car.

She sighed loudly and dropped her head onto the steering wheel. She didn’t know parking would be this tiring. There was a long line, as expected, for cars and Tiffany was lucky she could get herself in, or else she had to park somewhere else and walk to the mall. If only she could, she would use the valet service. But she couldn’t, since no one was supposed to recognize her.

Tiffany was being the rebellious her that day. Using her other car, she went to the mall without telling her managers. It would be fine. She wouldn’t spend long in here.

She checked herself in the mirror, making sure half of her face was covered by the masker. The weather was still cold so wearing a masker wouldn’t be a weird thing. She then opened the dashboard and took out a beanie, before she wore it. It was perfect. The fact that she had dyed her hair even darker a few days ago made her sure no one could tell she was the Tiffany Hwang. It hadn’t made it to the news, luckily.

Shortly, she could make it inside safely. The mall was undoubtedly luxurious. Tiffany found herself gaping at every corner of it. No wonder a lot of people kept coming even after some time from its’ opening. With a hum, Tiffany shoved her hands into her coat pocket and walked through the corridors, lowering her head a bit.

She didn’t plan to buy anything that time. Because she was too lazy bringing cash money everywhere, she even left her handbag in the car and only brought her phone and car key, she had to use her credit card. At least the cashier later would recognize her. And it would cause a big trouble if her managers found out.

The mall had quite a lot of decent restaurants too. And an ice cream corner, Tiffany noted. There were also enough numbers of benches for people to rest their feet awhile, because shopping includes walking here and there. She nodded her head in agreement. Such a thoughtful idea indeed.

Everything went okay until Tiffany didn’t realize she had lifted her head carelessly. She entered the accessories centre and headed straight to the sunglasses. She hadn’t bought one for quite long. Some singers had also wore almost the exact same shades as hers and it could be a bad thing, like the media assuming it as a couple item or something, since it happened a lot these days.

She was busy seeing the sunglasses until she caught a glimpse of something behind her, through the mirror on top of the stall. Her small smile faded. She quickly turned around.

She saw them. Those insane fans.

“.”

They were there. Hiding behind those walls, but Tiffany saw them. She did. In a speed of light, she put the sunglasses that was in her hand carelessly onto a nearest glass table and walked away from there. How stupid of her. How long had they stalked her? Did they take pictures? Did they tell the others who weren’t there? Or even, did the news spread already?

With quick steps, Tiffany lowered her head and tried to find the exit. She was in the second or third floor, damn she didn’t remember. Suddenly the corridors started confusing her. Where should she go? This was her first time being in there. That fact didn’t help, at all.

She could hear rushing steps after her. They knew that she knew. And they were chasing her. They would grab her, pull her, or even--

Her paranoid thoughts stopped for a while when she saw four elevators some steps ahead of her. She gasped, elevators! She didn’t take elevators earlier, because it was somehow secluded, and people mostly took escalators instead. It could save her. It definitely could.

Hurriedly, she quickened her steps and pressed the up button. There was no one queuing, so she also pressed the other up button. Anxiously, she eyed the numbers and in no time, one of them dinged.

Tiffany was about to step into the opened elevator, but her step halted when she saw someone familiar inside it.

Her eyes widened.

Oh not again…

-

“Unnie!”

The voice and the closing doors snapped Tiffany back into reality. She shoved her arm between the elevator’s doors, opened it again, got in, and literally slammed her hand into the close button. She saw those damned people one last time, until finally the elevator was closed and she was safe.

“Oh God…”

Tiffany panted for air and leaned her body onto the elevator’s wall as it started moving up. Her heart was beating uncontrollably and she was sweating a bit. Suddenly she felt hot all over. Putting her head down, still panting, she saw another pair of shoes across hers. She realized she wasn’t alone.

She lifted her head. The other person was staring at her with judging eyes. The familiar Jessica Jung.

Tiffany took off her beanie and masker, “It’s me.”

“Ah,” Jessica’s expression changed, she didn’t look surprised, Tiffany couldn’t interpret it, “Miss Hwang. We meet again.”

“Yeah…” Tiffany fanned herself with the beanie.

Yes, again, she was facing this businesswoman whom she always called, . How in the world they could meet in an elevator, Tiffany didn’t know. But she was still too tired and busy getting rid of her paranoid thoughts. Let’s just say it was another coincidence. Tiffany was too lazy to comprehend it more.

“You seem… in a hurry.” Jessica said after a silence.

“Yes.” The singer nodded, fixing her messy hair, “You’re right.”

They stared at each other before Jessica nodded, still with an unreadable expression and turned her gaze to somewhere else. Tiffany silently observed her. She didn’t look much different compared to the last time. The last unpleasant time, to be exact. Tiffany kept staring until she heard the elevator dinged again.

She looked at the number. Tiffany only pressed the close button earlier, so they went up to where Jessica Jung was heading. They were at the 6th floor.

“Sixth?” She frowned, because as what she remembered, the mall was only up to the 5th floor, “What are you doing in the sixth floor, Miss Jung?”

“Working.”

Tiffany frowned even more, “But this isn’t your office.”

“Yeah, this isn’t.” Jessica turned her head slightly at Tiffany with a lopsided smile, “It’s my sister’s.”

With that she exited the elevator, leaving the frowning Tiffany behind. Wait, what?

Before the doors closed, again, Tiffany barged out in another hurry, tailing the businesswoman. What did she say? Her sister’s office? This mall was her sister’s office? A mall was also an office? Wait, what was her name again? Krystal? Krystal Jung? That flirty blonde? There were too many questions.

As expected, the people inside bowed at them when they walked, or more like to Jessica Jung because all Tiffany got was strange stares. She didn’t question that, though.

Tiffany was about to ask but suddenly Jessica stopped walking, making her also did the same. She followed Jessica’s eyes and she caught a sight of a blonde young woman, whom she recognized as Krystal, Jessica Jung’s sister, the flirt in the café back then. Once more, Tiffany couldn’t help but frown at what she was seeing.

There was the blonde, sitting in front of a working desk in a small cube, her feet on the desk, and her hands were busy playing with her phone. Wait, wasn’t that a cube for regular workers? What was she doing there? Wasn’t she one of the officials? Wasn’t she supposed to work in her own, huge, luxurious room just like those bosses do?

She could hear Jessica sighed loudly as she walked to her sister. Tiffany watched her steps, like a sergeant. She quickly followed behind, the curiosity was already killing her. Jessica stopped in front of the desk and dropped her handbag on it roughly.

The younger Jung looked up and stopped what she was doing with her phone.

“Oh, you’ve come.” She said, flatly.

“What are you doing?” Jessica slapped her sister’s leg, “Put your feet down.”

Lazily, Krystal obeyed.

“Aren’t you supposed to be working? Being lazy already? How could I trust this mall in you then, huh?”

“I am working!”

“Playing Animal Pang is not considered as working, Jung Soojung.”

“Well then,” Krystal shrugged, “I was working.”

Jessica scoffed, “Oh yeah? What have you done today?”

“Wait, you’re looking down on me.”

Krystal showed that smile, that slight smile Tiffany recognized so much, as she opened one of the drawers and took out some papers. She confidently shoved it to Jessica, which the latter half-heartedly checked it.

“I finished all the agendas for today, just so you know.” She said, leaning her back further onto the squeaking chair, “Do you really think I’d play if I hadn’t finished?”

Jessica hummed, eyes still on the papers, “So you’ve settled the events already.”

“Hey, I might be lazy but I’m not useless. Note that.”

Again, Jessica only hummed. Krystal still had that smile until she tilted her head, gasping a bit with twinkling eyes seeing Tiffany behind her sister.

“Oh my God, you brought a guest.”

Jessica stared questioningly at Krystal, before she turned around, and saw Tiffany was standing behind her. She frowned.

“Miss Hwang? Why did you follow me?”

Tiffany opened , but she closed it again without saying any words. Right, why did she follow her, the Jessica Jung? What for? What was she doing there? Wasn’t she supposed to go home?

What was going on?

“I… I just--”

“Hey, be nice to our guest.” Krystal interrupted, putting her elbows on the desk and smiled at Tiffany, “Hi gorgeous, we’ve met before. Remember me?”

“Yeah… hi, Krystal.”

Jessica eyed the two, “Wait, you two--”

“I knew it you’ll be here!” The blonde woman exclaimed, stood up from her seat, “I was waiting for you. It took a bit long but finally my sister is kind enough to bring you here. I guess she already realized that my idea isn’t that bad at all.”

The singer forced a smile. She didn’t understand anything.

“Oh… yeah?”

“Yeah.” Krystal stopped right in front of her and smiled again, making Tiffany couldn’t take her eyes off of the blonde because somehow, she was also drop dead gorgeous, “I can’t wait to show you everything I’ve prepared for--”

“Wait, stop there.” It was Jessica’s turn to interrupt, “Soojung, you’re saying that--”

“Yes, I’m saying that I’m glad to have her here! Once in a blue moon, you finally agreed with my idea, I feel fluttered. You even brought her here, that’s--”

“It’s not like that.” Jessica quickly said, “I didn’t bring her here.”

Krystal’s smile faded, “What? You didn’t? Then how could she get up here with you?”

“We met in the elevator.”

A scoff, “You think I’d believe that?”

“But that’s the truth.”

Silence. Tiffany stared questioningly at these two sisters in front of her, at Jessica, and then at Krystal. She completely didn’t understand anything. She felt like the two sisters were communicating through telepathy or something until Krystal sighed and crossed her arms, tapping her foot impatiently on the floor.

“So you-- I mean,” Krystal talked again, to Jessica, “you really didn’t bring her here for that?”

Tiffany frowned deeply. That what?

They both went silent again, another telepathy conversation. Tiffany was this close to groaning and shout hey guys do you even remember that I’m here before Krystal turned to her in a sudden, with her usual smile that did in sending Tiffany’s annoyance slightly away.

“Were you in a hurry? Is this your first time? Did you somehow, get here by accident? Do you bring someone? Do you know your way out, gorgeous?”

The singer paused. Was Krystal a mind-reader?

“Actually I… yes.” Tiffany nodded, “There were stalker fans earlier. I’m alone and I got scared so--”

“For real?!” Krystal was surprised, “They followed you?”

Another nod.

“Hey, where are the securities when needed, huh?” Krystal asked, irritated, to Jessica.

The older Jung made a face, “Why did you ask me? This is yours, Soojung, not mine. Besides, how do you distinguish between normal people and fans? They’re all customers.”

Tiffany silently flinch at the word yours. At how easy it was said.

“No, it’s alright.” She quickly said, noticing another telepathy conversation was going to happen, “It’s my fault, I was reckless. And uh… it seems like I’m bothering you guys so--”

“Oh, no, no, it’s fine!” The blonde chuckled, “You’re not a bother, not at all. Though I don’t mind being bothered by you, actually.”

Here comes the flirt. Tiffany could hear a hiss, which later she realized it came from Jessica.

“Alright, then, I guess you don’t know your way out. So I’ll walk you down.”

“You don’t have to. I mean, you can just tell me where to go and--”

“Nah, how could I let this gorgeous go by herself? I don’t mind. Just, wait a second and then we’ll walk together, alright?”

Before Tiffany could say anything, Krystal exited herself from the small cube and went somewhere else, Tiffany couldn’t catch her. She pressed her lips to one another, didn’t quite know what to do there. Especially being left only with the older Jung, who was bluntly staring at her with that unreadable expression.

“Stalker fans?”

Tiffany almost jumped at that voice, Jessica Jung’s.

“Yes.” She nodded.

Compared to the younger one, Jessica surely lacked politeness. There was no hint of it in every word she said, or asked, or stated to Tiffany. And that surely made the latter felt so uncomfortable. What sin did she commit to be involved in another situation with the Jungs? Why did it always them?

Why did she bring herself into this, actually?

“Okay, let’s go.”

Soon Krystal was back and extended her hand to Tiffany, which the latter hesitantly grabbed it. Before they walked away, Krystal turned around to Jessica, and all Tiffany could hear was silence, realizing they were doing that usual telepathy convo. Jessica then let out a low chuckle and Krystal gave her a thumb up.

Seriously, something was definitely going on.

-

The mall was closed, there were no customers left.

Krystal dragged Tiffany to take the escalators instead. Tiffany didn’t want to think much, but to be honest, she supposed it was because Krystal wanted to make the walk last longer. When the employees in a rush, stood in a row and bowed simultaneously at both of them, or probably only Krystal, Tiffany was sure that this mall belonged to the blonde.

That the subdivision of LC Group prepared by Jessica Jung for her younger sister, was this huge and amazing, Mall of Seoul.

How amazing was that?

On their way, Krystal showed her this and that, everything about the mall, like where the most expensive store was, the most delicious restaurant was, and so on. The blonde also told the singer her recommended ones. She knew everything about the mall, to be exact. Well, this mall was technically hers, so no wonder.

In the end, Krystal asked for Tiffany’s car key and a valet guy got it for her. They stood face to face in silence as the singer was about to get in the car.

“It’s late. Don’t you have schedules for tomorrow, gorgeous?”

Tiffany chortled, she already felt quite comfortable around this beautiful blonde.

“Why do you always call me that?”

“Call you what? Gorgeous?” Krystal hummed, “Maybe because you are gorgeous? Why? You don’t like that? Is that how your ex called you back then?”

“No. But don’t you think it’s kind of cringe-worthy?”

“Oh, yeah?”

Tiffany nodded.

“Well,” Krystal crossed her arms and took a deep breath, “not for me, then.”

It led another chortle from the singer.

“I guess I should get going.” Tiffany said, “My managers would be furious as heck right now, if not worse.”

“Okay. But uh… do you like it? The mall, I mean.”

“Of course!” Tiffany nodded, she didn’t even lie, “Honestly, I’ve always wanted to go here since forever but since I was busy and all, I couldn’t. And when I finally did, I met stalker fans instead.”

Krystal smiled, “But you met me too.”

“Yeah, I met a blonde who was playing Animal Pang in her cube.”

“Hey!” The blonde frowned instantly, “You just came in a wrong time. Soon I will get my own working room and you’ll be amazed with that.”

Tiffany gave a genuine smile and nodded, “I’m sure you will. You just need to impress your sister, right?”

“Sadly, yes.”

“Then impress her.” She gave the blonde a pat on her shoulder, “Do well, okay?”’

“Okay, I will.”

They smiled at each other before Tiffany finally got inside her car. She opened the window to bid farewell to Krystal, and was awed for a moment seeing how the blonde’s face glowed beneath the blinding lights in between the darkness.

“See you when I see you, gorgeous.”

“Yeah, see you, Krystal.”

The last thing she saw before she completely exited the mall was Krystal’s figure, standing, with her arms crossed, her blonde hair was swaying because of the wind.

Tiffany gripped the steering wheel tight. The question what was that always popped up whenever she got herself into the Jungs. But this time, she got herself an answer.

That was an unforgettable first-time-trip in a mall, indeed.

****

Mall of Seoul... I'm really not good in making names.

This ended being a quite long chapter. And should I tag YoonFany or KrysFany too? Hahahahah.

But still, this is a JeTi story so... I probably shouldn't.

And I got some problems in my PC, I almost lost my stories, If it happens then I don't know anymore, man lol. I just hope I can fix this soon.