No Love

Eyes Don't Tell Me Lies

“Okay, you can explain.”

After some minutes full of arguing, Sunny finally calmed. Well, who wouldn’t freak out after seeing Tiffany Hwang brought a little girl home? And it happened right after Lim Yoona’s party. Of course Sunny was surprised. Tiffany had to cover with her hand to prevent her making loud noises because the girl was still sleeping.

“She’s not my daughter.” Tiffany then said.

Sunny rolled her eyes, “I know. You’ve never been pregnant. So?”

“Well, I was… I was in Lim Yoona’s place and when I was about to go home, I found this girl crying in an alley, alone.”

“Huh?”

“Yeah, literally, she was crying in an alley, alone. She only had this jacket on,” Tiffany lifted the girl’s jacket, “and it’s cold as heck outside. How could I leave her?”

“What about her parents? Where were they?”

“I don’t know. I mean, I was in a hurry because I don’t want people to see, it would cause a massive misunderstanding. So I carried her into the car, tried my best to make her warm, drive for a little bit further, and by then she was already asleep.”

“Oh, wow…” Sunny opened but no words came out.

The situation indeed made people speechless. Tiffany walked to her bed, where the girl was sleeping, and kneeled beside it. The girl looked like she was probably four or five years old, and she was cute. Judging from the way she dressed, she came from a quite wealthy family. But why was she alone? Don’t kids from wealthy families around her age have like, baby sitters with them all the time?

“What’s your plan after this, then?” Sunny then asked.

Tiffany took a deep breath, “I don’t know. I just want her to take a rest first and then give her some food. Maybe later we can ask her where she lives and so on. Can you clear all my schedules for today?”

“I can but, are you sure? I mean, we can take her to the police station and--”

“Nah.” Tiffany quickly shook her head, “I found her. I’m responsible of her. She’s too young. I’m not sure the police would give a decent treatment for most-likely, lost kids like her. I’ll handle her.”

“Hmm…” Sunny patted Tiffany’s head, “that’s so sweet. I thought you don’t like kids, no?”

“I don’t like y kids, but this cutie doesn’t look so y so it’s okay.”

“Mm-hmm. You’re right. She’s kind of cute.”

The singer smiled and gently brushed the girl’s hair. It had been quite a while since she slept. Kids usually sleep a lot, don’t they? Tiffany didn’t know much about kids. All she knew that they’re cute, and nothing else matters.

“How was the party, by the way? You haven’t told me.” Sunny then asked, sitting down slowly on the bed.

The party. Tiffany pulled her hand from the girl. She pursed her lips. There was nothing special except for that OST offer. Should she tell Sunny? It honestly sounded really promising. Singing an OST for a movie that starred Lim Yoona and Lee Seunggi? Imagine all the reactions. And the royalty if she could compose it herself.

“Lim Yoona offered me to sing an OST for her movie.”

“Oh, really? What movie?”

“Her upcoming movie. And you know what? The lead actor is Lee Seunggi.”

Sunny’s eyes widened, “For real?!”

“Ssshhh!” Tiffany quickly put her finger on , “You’re seriously going to wake her!”

“Oh, oops.” Sunny covered her own mouth, “Sorry.”

Tiffany sighed as she fixed her position from kneeling to sitting on the floor. She stared at the little girl again, hoping somehow for the girl to wake up soon.

“That sounds cool, doesn’t it?” She then continued.

“It does, in fact it really does.” Sunny agreed, “I don’t think you’d need to think twice for this. The company wouldn’t too. They’d just say yes immediately.”

“I know, right? Befriending with actresses could bring me benefit too, somehow.” Tiffany shrugged.

“Yeah, right. Beneficial friends mean a lot to us these days.”

A scoff, “Maybe I should-- oh, oh.”

Suddenly the girl started moving and Tiffany stopped talking in an instant. The girl rubbed her own eyes and slightly yawned. Tiffany bit her lip seeing that because the girl was undoubtedly, cute and adorable. She was going to wake up. Tiffany put both her elbows on the bed and eyed the girl, ready with her smile.

“M-mommy…”

She heard the girl mumbled and decided to gently pat the latter’s tiny arm.

“Hey, wake up, Sweetie.” She whispered, “Wake up…”

Hearing an unfamiliar voice, the girl rubbed her eyes even more before she fully opened her eyes, and stared wide-eyed at the smiling Tiffany.

“Hi,” Tiffany smiled even more, and it did in softening the girl’s expression, “remember me? We met about two hours ago or so, didn’t we?”

The girl hesitantly nodded.

“I’m going to take you back to your Mommy, but how about we eat breakfast first? This tummy is hungry, right?” She playfully tapped the girl’s stomach.

“B-but Mommy…”

“We’ll go back to your Mommy, I promise.” She assured the girl, “But we have to eat first. I’m not going to do any harm to you, Sweetie. Okay?”

Maybe because her stomach was growling, or even merely because Tiffany’s smile, the girl nodded again. Tiffany extended both her arms to the girl, and soon she carried the latter to the living room, where the breakfast had already prepared.

-

Tiffany never liked seeing kids eating because they’re dirty. They spill everything to everywhere. They don’t even bother to wipe their mouths. Sometimes spoon and fork don’t exist for them because they only use their hands. And it’s dirty. Tiffany found it disgusting. It made her lost her appetite.

But this girl was an exception.

The singer couldn’t help but smile seeing how the girl ate. Sometimes Tiffany fed her, but most times she did it herself. She seemed had lost her fear and became way less scared to Tiffany and Sunny. Judging from that, this kid was surely an active one. And luckily, it wasn’t in the annoying way of being active.

The girl still had half of her plate when Tiffany already finished hers. The singer wiped and crossed her arms, watching the girl eating. She suddenly realized something she had missed.

“Hey, Sweetie.” She called.

The girl lifted her head, full.

“You haven’t told me your name.”

“Mmm…” The girl nodded, gulped her food first before she cheerfully said, “my name is Jamie, Auntie.”

“Jamie?”

“Yup! Jamie Lee.”

“Jamie Lee.” Tiffany repeated, “That’s a nice name. Hi, Jamie. And I’m Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang.”

The girl, or Jamie, that was her name, tilted her head and mumbled, “Auntie Tiffany? Do I know you?”

Tiffany raised her eyebrows, “What? Well, have you seen me somewhere?”

“Hmm… I don’t know. Maybe?” She shrugged before she continued eating.

The feeling of disappointment when someone doesn’t recognize her, even though she was famous, the feeling was still there, unfortunately, didn’t take over her this time. Jamie was still a kid anyway. She still had many time to play and study instead of idolizing a singer. Tiffany leaned her back as she watched Jamie eating.

But still, she had to take this girl back to her family, or at least her mother since she had been calling Mommy all the time. The problem was, she hadn’t asked. Looking at the clock on the wall, it was almost noon. She needed to get going.

“Jamie?” She started again.

“Hmm?”

“May I ask, what happened to you earlier? Were you lost?”

Jamie’s expression darkened instantly. Tiffany quickly shut . Did she just say something wrong?

“Yes, Auntie. I… was.”

“How could that happen?” She asked in concern.

“I…” Jamie hung her head low, “I wanted to play outside but Mommy didn’t let me. She said she didn’t want me to get lost. I insisted. And… she was right.”

Tiffany inhaled. That couldn’t be good. So this kid was lost and now probably her family, especially her Mommy, were looking for her. She should be quick.

“Mommy must be angry at me…”

“Jamie, hey.” Tiffany took the girl’s hand and held it, “After you finish this, we’re going home. I’ll take you there. We’ll meet your Mommy, okay?”

Jamie nodded and the breakfast continued in an awkward silence.

-

“And… we’re here.”

So Tiffany was right when she thought Jamie came from a wealthy family. She had hung open seeing Jamie’s house, or more like, a mansion. It was close to Lim Yoona’s apartment, but the road was kind of confusing. Probably that’s why Jamie was lost. The huge gate opened right after they showed Jamie’s face to the monitor. Tiffany was accompanied with her two managers, as usual. She was in the back seat with Jamie beside her.

Somehow, Tiffany didn’t feel strange with this mansion. It was like she had seen it before, but she didn’t remember. Well, she surely had been to a lot of mansions but this one really felt quite familiar. Was it the design? Or the huge garden with a fountain in the middle? Tiffany didn’t really know.

As soon as they were in, they saw a police car and some policemen in front of the front door. Tiffany gulped. Jamie’s parents surely weren’t kidding in looking for their daughter. Tiffany kind of felt guilty because she let them wait this long.

When they got off the car, Tiffany had expected Jamie to run and find her mother to be embraced tightly like in movies. But the kid didn’t. Instead she clung onto Tiffany’s arm and pulled the singer to get in with her. She awkwardly followed the kid’s pull and only smiled with slight bows when the policemen and some maids recognized her.

As they got inside, as expected, almost all of them gasped in surprise seeing Jamie and Tiffany. Their lost kid was found by a singer. A famous one like Tiffany Hwang, to be exact. How couldn’t that be surprising? Jamie kept pulling Tiffany and soon they reached upstairs. That was where they stopped.

Tiffany was about to ask where Jamie’s mother was because all she could see was maids and some bodyguards. But before she could do it, she heard a sound of door being slammed and soon footsteps, before a woman appeared from nowhere, looking all messed-up and angry, more like frustrated. Tiffany’s eyes widened.

Was this Jamie’s mother? Why did she look also familiar to her?

Her first question was answered immediately as the woman kneeled down in front of Jamie and held her tight, making Jamie let go of Tiffany’s arm,

“Where have you been?! Didn’t Mommy tell you to stay at home?! Why didn’t you listen to Mommy?! Do you even know how worried Mommy was?!”

She scolded her daughter, and it was really scary. Tiffany pursed her lips. Okay, Jamie’s mother was very angry. She didn’t even look at Tiffany.

“I even called the police to look for you!”

“I-I’m sorry, Mommy…” Jamie said, stuttering.

“Can’t you even do anything right just once?!”

The woman then heavily sighed, so very heavily exhaled her breath as she stood up, her hands on her hips. She looked like she was trying to hold her anger. Tiffany frowned. Wasn’t she supposed to at least, hug her daughter once? Well, she was angry, that’s for sure, but if Tiffany were her, she would want to hug Jamie first.

“No more playing for you. You’re grounded from now.” She then calmly said, her eyes looking elsewhere but her daughter.

Jamie gasped and quickly grasped her mother’s shirt, “But, Mommy--”

“No buts, Jamie. You had been missing for hours, don’t you realize that?!”

Her mother literally snapped at her. Tiffany frowned even more. That was cruel.

Jamie looked like she was about to cry as she let go of her mother’s shirt.

“Now go to your room.” The woman ordered again but Jamie stood still, unmoving.

With another heavy sigh, the woman gestured to a maid,

“Take her to her room, now.”

The maid obeyed, “Y-yes, Miss Jung.”

Jamie was brought somewhere with the maid and Tiffany was left behind, frowning. This wasn’t the image of a mother she had imagined. She was too cruel. And when, finally, Jamie’s mother caught Tiffany by her eyes, none of them exchanged smiles. But Tiffany, still in her polite self, bowed at the woman.

“Miss Hwang,” The woman bowed back, she actually recognized Tiffany, “can we talk?”

-

Tiffany had ignored her questioning mind of why she always felt familiar every time she was with the woman. All that left was a mere annoyance. Both of them were inside a room, which Tiffany assumed as the woman’s working room. She was standing by the door, staring at the woman’s back as the latter was busy pouring champagne.

The lack of introduction the woman gave Tiffany, not at all actually, made her even more annoyed. Okay, she was familiar indeed but still, she didn’t even know her name. Should she at least get a proper introduction? It wasn’t hard, was it?

She then almost jumped when she heard the woman put the champagne bottle down with a quite loud bang onto the table. She asked Tiffany to talk but none of them had started. Tiffany was getting so much impatient.

“Firstly, Miss Hwang,”

The singer fixed her position and expression when finally, the woman started as she turned around,

“Thank you for bringing my daughter home.”

A forced smile, “It’s nothing, Miss… Jung. No problem.”

She gave her the almost same smile, “Still, how much do you want me to pay you?”

Tiffany’s smile faded instantly, “Excuse me?”

“How much do you want me to pay you, Miss?” The woman repeated, her expression didn’t change, “I know I’ve wasted your time, since singers like you don’t have much free time to deal with things like this. Just tell me, I’ll gladly obey.”

And with that she took out a cheque and a pen from a drawer and positioned herself to write the number. Tiffany had slightly opened. Wait, what? She actually wanted to pay Tiffany for what she did? It wasn’t wrong, but it wasn’t right either. Tiffany felt her blood boiling until her breath hitched.

“Do you think I helped you for money?”

The woman raised her eyebrows, “I’m sorry?”

“Do you think I want your money, Miss?”

A chuckle, “Okay, so you don’t want my money. What else do you want, then?”

Tiffany paused. This woman clearly didn’t even think of how sincere Tiffany was. The way she looked at Tiffany with that mocking expression, why? All Tiffany needed was a simple thank you and nothing more. But guess what, the woman even offered her money. She could tell this mighty Jamie’s mother would just throw away a big amount of money just like that. And that angered Tiffany.

“I don’t have time until forever, Miss. Searching my daughter for these past hours had me losing my time already so please whatever you want, just say it. Want me to announce it to the media? That you helped me by finding my daughter? If that’s what you want then I’ll--”

“I beg your pardon.” Tiffany quickly said, “I don’t want any of that. I don’t want anything from you Miss, not at all. So can you just stop thinking that I’d demand much from you? I helped you because I wanted to, Miss. Not because of anything else!”

The woman was taken aback after the sudden outburst but she could keep her expression still. She slowly put the cheque down, “Miss Hwang--”

“With all my respect, now please excuse me because like you said, I don’t have much free time to deal with things like this.”

Before the woman could say anything else, Tiffany already grabbed the doorknob and pushed the door open,

“Have a nice day, Miss Jung.”

-

The ride home was mostly silent. Tiffany could be a scary person when she was angry. None of her managers dared to speak after seeing how grumpy Tiffany looked at the moment. Both of them didn’t go with Tiffany inside the mansion. They stayed inside the car. So they probably didn’t have any idea how annoying the meeting was.

As she toned down her anger, the curiosity appeared again from nowhere. Still the same question, why did she feel familiar? With the mansion and Jamie’s mother, whom her maids call her Miss Jung. Did they ever meet? Or at least, see each other? Tiffany had met so many people so she couldn’t remember each of them unless they’re close friends.

Sunny peeked through the mirror and saw Tiffany’s expression had softened. She then started,

“How was it, Fany?”

Tiffany inhaled, “Bad.”

“Oh.” Sunny could already tell, “Did you meet Jamie’s mother?”

“Yes.”

“How was she like?”

“A cocky .”

A pause for a second before, “Oh.”

They went silent again and Tiffany crossed her arms, looking at the window. If only she could at least, say goodbye to Jamie in a proper way. That little girl was undoubtedly cute. Tiffany rarely fell for kids, but this time Jamie could easily win her heart. She even had hoped before, even though they met in an unfortunate situation, they could still contact each other and meet again someday.

But now Tiffany doubted it. Jamie would always be with her mother. And there was no chance in hell Tiffany would want to meet that woman again.

“I didn’t know she has a daughter.” Suddenly Jihoon said, more to Sunny than Tiffany.

“Me too.” Sunny nodded, “Is she even married?”

“I don’t think--”

“Wait, wait.” Tiffany interrupted, “You’re talking about Jamie’s mother, right? You guys know her?”

“Yeah? You don’t? You do, Fany. Did you forget?” Jihoon asked.

“She’s Jessica Jung, or Jung Sooyeon, the founder and CEO of LC Group, remember? Don’t say you forgot her completely.”

Tiffany’s mouth widely opened, “Oh right…”

No wonder, then. Really, no wonder why she looked so familiar. No, they indeed never met before. But Jessica Jung was famous. She was one of those successful businesswomen. Her company was no joke. She appeared in many business and economy magazines. People looked up so much to her. And if you were above twenty, working, yet didn’t know who Jessica Jung was, people would question you.

It had been a while since Tiffany read or watch something related to Jessica Jung or LC Group, but she remembered how envy she could be every time she did. If only she wasn’t a singer, she wanted to be like Jessica Jung. The woman was young, beautiful, and financially successful. A perfect example of a career woman.

So then it means Jamie is Jessica Jung’s daughter? The indeed mighty Jessica Jung?

“She has a daughter?!” Tiffany then asked in shock after a few seconds of remembering, forgetting that Jihoon had brought the topic earlier.

“That’s what I’ve asked, Fany.” Jihoon raised his eyebrows.

“Another big question is, who is the father?” Sunny added, “Jamie has ‘Lee’ as her surname, so her husband goes with the name Lee too, I assume.”

“Wait, when did she get married?” Tiffany asked again.

“Nobody knows, Fany. Public still believe that Jessica Jung is single. We did too, until you met Jamie and turned out she’s the daughter.”

“Right. I’m having a quite hard time in believing it now.” Sunny mumbled.

Still in disbelief, Tiffany rested her back and exhaled her breath she had been holding. Why didn’t she remember this earlier? Why couldn’t she recognize Jessica Jung earlier? Well, it wouldn’t change anything but still, Tiffany was so forgetful these days. That explains why Jessica Jung didn’t bother to introduce herself. Just like Tiffany, Jessica Jung must’ve felt that everybody knows her.

Another no wonder Jessica Jung treated her daughter like that. In her position as a CEO, Tiffany doubted if she ever had time for her daughter. Just like in movies or dramas, where parents actually love their children but they just don’t have time for them. All they do is scolding and scolding. They make many rules because they’re afraid, more like paranoid, of their children because they can’t be around.

Tiffany closed her eyes with a sigh.

Well, at least they got a similarity.

Women like Jessica Jung or even herself, could give nothing but money to their families.

****

I'm in love with Jun.K's No Love (since he's my bias in 2PM <3) even though it's kinda late, also that explains the title.

And well, with all that's happening in the fandom, I hope we'll stay united as one no matter what. Humans make mistakes, so do the girls. Let's have a new start and I still hope this would make a better change for the girls and us in the future :)

Nighty night all.