5

Her past; his future.
"Do you know that you look like a panda right now?" Hyun Joong tried lightening the mood.

Chae young sniffled. "I know."

They got off the elevator and walked to her door. Hyun Joong held opened the door for her and she entered. He locked the door behind him.

"I have ruined your shirt." Chae young said with trembling lips as she stared guiltily at the mascara, powder and lipstick stains imprinted on Hyun Joong's shirt. "I should wash it. I.."

"Enough Chae young," Hyun Joong cut her off. "It isn't your fault. I would really appreciate it if you could trust me enough to talk about what happened between you two. But if you don't want to talk about it I will understand."

Chae young looked up into his eyes. "I trust you enough Kim Hyun Joong."

The two of them snuggled on the couch, her face half buried in his chest. "It started when I was in High school. Byun Baekhyun was a transfered student in our senior year. We started as being great friends before we started dating. We were a famous couple back then and everyone cheers us on.

"After high school we entered the same college although we were doing different courses. I lied to my parents at home that I rented an apartment with a girlfriend, but Baekhyun and I rented an apartment. He dised me the day we moved into our apartment.

"We were happy and he is so caring. He always manages to get me romantic things, a flower in my hair, a bouquet of roses, a surprise date, everything. I fell hopelessly in love with him. In college everyone knew us to be a couple and I never had to fight a girl over him, we were just too cute together." She sniffled. "But I was wrong. The obsessive love I had for him blinded me to the undesirable sides of him.

"We were together during our college days and I was secretly hoping for the time he would propose to me." She dug a tissue out of her purse and dabbed at her eyes.

"In our final year I got pregnant." She expected to feel him stiffen but he made no movement. "I actually freaked out when I found out, but then I thought Baekhyun and I really love each other, maybe this pregnancy will hasten things and we could get married.

"I cheered up, made dinner and eagerly awaits his return. When he returned I sat him down, told him I have a news for him. He was pretty eager so I thought things would be okay. I told him I was pregnant and he freaked out. Told me how could I be so stupid to get pregnant. He is not ready to be tied down in any marital thrash, I had better go abort. I was angry and I slapped him." She gulped as she remembered that incident.

"He hit me a lot before he stormed out." Now she felt his body stiffen as he kept playing with her hair. "He didn't come home for days. I tried calling him but he wasn't picking up. Five days later he came back. He knelt in front of him and apologized. Told me he was just too scared when he learnt of the pregnancy and that made him behave rashly. He is sorry and wished I could forgive him. He knew the baby is his and the reasonable thing to do would be to get married.

"I was ecstatic. He had apologized and wants to marry me, what else could I wish for? I forgave him, we kiss and make up. For the next few days he was really sweet. He would press his ears against my tummy saying he wants to hear the baby's sounds. We even started picking out baby names. All this while my parents didn't know I was pregnant, let alone knew I was living with a boy.

"One day he came home with a bottle of Chardonnay. He went to the kitchen and brought a single glass. He told me he bought it just for me. I drank it and few minutes later he told me he had to go see a friend of his. That was the last time I saw him.

"Few minutes after he was gone I started feeling pains in my tummy. It hurt so much that I had to crawl to the dining room to retrieve my phone. I was bleeding profusely as I dragged myself around the house. I managed to call my friend and asked him to come as quickly as he can. I called Baekhyun countless of times but he always hanged up without picking up. My friend's scream was the last sound I heard before passing out.

"I woke up two days later at the hospital, my parents and my friend around my hospital bed. It was then the doctor told me I had been drugged with an abortion pill. Baekhyun aborted my pregnancy. I lost a huge amount of blood but I was grateful my womb wasn't damaged.

"I was depressed. I couldn't reach him on the phone and he never took me to his parents. For months I was like a ghost without feelings. My parents and my friend Kang san brought me back to life. And then I met you and I could finally do something with my life and I tried to move on." She turned her face to stare at him. "Why did he have to come back? I could have died if not for Kang san, the Doctor said so. He has done enough damage in my life, I can't take that anymore." She ended on a sob and she cried afresh, Hyun Joong holding her with a teary eye.