11

Her past; his future.
Tiffany paced round the room with her phone clutched tightly in her hands, glancing at the door and wall clock every now and then, willing her phone to ring, the doorbell to sound. "Where the is he?" she murmured agitatedly.

The sound of the doorbell shrilling felt like a call to paradise and she ran for the door, her heart leaping in glee. Hyun Joong is here, he has finally realised she is the one for him, they would live happily ever after. She knew it, she just knew it. This time around she won't let him leave until he proposes to her.

She pulled the door opened and beamed. "I know it. You finally realise you can't live without me. You have sorted everything out." She hugged him and hold on tight. "I love you so much Hyun Joong." She said with a contended smile.

Hyun joong rolled his eyes behind her back. You love me indeed, enough to push me at another woman. He pulled away from her gently while she clutched at his hand. "You are right I have sorted everything out." Hyun Joong said quietly.

Tiffany pulled him to the couch and eagerly sat down, her face radiating pure contentment. "Kissing her tastes bland right? I knew it, you have always been mine all along. We are so perfect together don't you think so?" Tiffany rambled on excitedly.

No we ain't perfect together and No, kissing her is the best thing I have ever done, I can almost envision myself doing that all over again, every single step of the way. Hyun joong cleared his throat at his wayward thoughts. He shouldn't be thinking of Chae young that way.

"Keep still Tiffany and listen to what I have got to say." He snapped irritatedly. "I kissed her."

"And?"

And I did more than kiss her. Hyun joong looked her square in the eyes. "And nothing,"

Tiffany mused. "I knew it. I am the only one for you."

Ignoring her remark, Hyun joong continued, "Let's break up." He blurted out, his gaze not leaving hers.

Tiffany gasped in shock. "What? Break up? What are you talking about? You can't...you won't...you didn't...you..."

"Calm down Tiffany," Hyun joong said soothingly, holding unto her hands.

"No!" Tiffany yelled, jerking her hands away from his grasp. "You can't do this to me Hyun joong after years of relationship. You love me you can't do this." She wailed, tears streaming down her face, ruining her mascara and staining her cheeks black.

"I love you Tiffany, I really do but this ain't working. I can't continue with this." Hyun joong said solemnly.

"This is because of her right?" Tiffany needed to know.

Partly, yes. "This isn't about Chae young," he lied, "This is about me. About what I want and that is not you." As much as he wants to be amicable about this breakup thing it is evident it isn't working.

"That is not me," Tiffany murmured gently. "You have never really loved me have you? Now you think it is that easy to break up with me, after all these years?" Tiffany swiped the back of her hand across her cheeks, sniffling she asked, "Are you in love with her? Han Chae young?"

"I don't know." Hyun joong answered truthfully. His feelings towards Chae young has changed, it is hard to see her as just a normal girl. Why is it that he isn't feeling heartbroken breaking up with Tiffany? Has he love Chae young all along without him even knowing about it? "I really don't know Tiffany. I can only ask for your forgiveness and if you can't give me I will understand." He said meekly.

Tiffany stood up. "I should be the one to apologize." She said, her voice raw. "I pushed you to her and it had backfired on us both." She gave him a shaky smile. "I always knew you love me but I was still so jealous. I couldn't seem to control it and everytime I see you and Chae young together someting always spark in me. I guess I knew something has always been between you both I just couldn't pinpoint it. I guess I should be happy for you both."

Hyun Joong stood up. "I am sorry Tiffany, sorry for everything. I never wanted to hurt you."

"I know." She turned her back to him. "Goodbye Kim Hyun Joong. I will accept defeat to Chae young."

"I am not dating her. I never said I would." Hyun joong stated.

Tiffany chuckled. "But I have lost you already. It doesn't matter anymore." She walked to the door and held it open, "Leave before I have to tie you with a chain." She remarked dryly.

Hyun joong walked to her. "Thank you Tiffany, for everything."

"I wish you the best Hyun Joong."

As soon as she was certain he was beyond ear shot, she slumped down to the floor, crying afresh as she clutched at her heart. She cried and cried. "It was all my fault but they would have found out their true feelings sooner or later anyway." She said through tears.

Goodbye Kim Hyun Joong.