12

Her past; his future.
Hyun Joong sat in his office, his head in his arms as he stared down at the Desk. He actually did feel guilty about the break up with Tiffany, heck he had been dating her for four years and they, point of correction, he just called it quits last night.

He knew the break up was mainly because he have been shaken by Chae young. If he were a decent man he would have urged Tiffany for a new beginning, one that would be void of any doubts, especially about him and Chae young and she would have accepted. He had messed everything up, with Tiffany and Chae young.

The door to his office opened and he didn't have to look up to know who it is. "Hello Chae young," he said without looking up. He had tried to avoid her all day although he would never admit it to anyone. He had had lunch delivered to him rather than go eat with her and thankfully they have nowhere to go together, at least not today.

"I actually thought I was the one that forgot about the appointment but then I realised you are the one that didn't come pick me up." She leaned against his desk, watching him.

Hyun joong blinked repeatedly before realising he had completely forgotten about the appointment. Great. Just dandy.

He rubbed his hands over his face, groaning. "I am sorry, it totally slipped my mind." he flicked his wrist to stare at his watch. "What time is it?"

"4,"

. It's past 4 already. "I am so sorry. We should leave now." He stood up abruptly, grabbing his phone. He stopped short when Chae young stood upright, moving closer to him. His breath hitched and he stared at her.

"Here you go." Chae young stepped back after fixing his tie. "Shall we?" she headed for the door, leaving him behind.

Hyun joong stood where he was, breathing heavily. What is wrong with him? She just fixed his tie, something she does on a regular basis, why does it suddenly feel hard to breath?

He shook his head as if to clear his thoughts. Sighing, he made for the door.

Inside the car Hyun joong find it hard to drag his eyes from her thighs and concentrate on the road. The short lilac gown she wore did nothing but to enhance her perfection. She look so desirous and he is having a hard time keeping his hand to himself.

Funny huh? He had been the one to 'advise' them both to go on with their normal lives as if nothing happened between them and he is the one who can't stop thinking about her. Ha ha, he hasn't even been single for 24 hours and he is already obsessed by another woman. Trying to ease his distress he struck a conversation. "I broke up with Tiffany."

Chae young stared at him for a couple hours. "That is....unfortunate. You shouldn't have." She said quietly.

Unfortunate? Yeah well you could say that. If I am still with Tiffany maybe I wouldn't be thinking of you this way. "It is the best thing to do. She is okay with it."

Chae young shook her head. "I don't believe you could be so naive Hyun joong, no woman is okay with a break up."

Oops. "She did cry, a lot and I feel like a first class jerk for making her cry but it has to be done." He ran a finger through his hair. "It isn't easy for me either but...I have to do it. That makes me a bad guy right? How could I just break up a four year relationship without feeling heartbroken? Am I even human? I broke her heart, ripped it apart to be precise and I am not feeling heartbroken myself. What a horrible jerk I am." Hyun joong said, obviously disgusted with himself.

Chae young laid her hand on his thigh. "You don't have to blame yourself for anything. I am sure she loves you even more than you deserve but things always doesn't happen the way we want it to. Right now you are feeling guilty about the break up and honestly I don't know why you had to break up with her but it is your decision and I will always respect your decision Hyun joong. Stop feeling so down and quit blaming yourself. As time goes on I know she will realise she is too good for you." She said with a smile before dropping her hand back on her lap. "What do you say after office hours we go to a Karaoke bar to have fun? Bring you out of your ty mood?"

Hyun joong shook his head. "Karaoke? No way. I will think of something else." He flashed her a grin.

Their eyes met and held, ual electricity discharging around them. They dropped their gazes reluctantly and drove in silence till they reached their destination.

* * * It's been so long I updated I am so sorry. Actually I got an idea on my mind and I am working on it,..., well I have worked on it. Y'all find out soon.