4

Her past; his future.
Han chae young sat in her office, a mug of steaming hot coffee cradled in her hands as she stared at the door. She had woken up with the feeling that something terrible is about to happen, what would happen she had no idea. She felt goosebumps all over her body and she was feeling so nervous. Call her being psychic or paranoid, she just had a hunch something bad is about to happen.

She blinked rapidly as she took in her surroundings, nothing out of the extarordinary. Very soon she heard commotion not very far from her office. This is it. Maybe it's a client that wants to cause trouble.

Few minutes later she heard Hyun Joong's voice outside her office. "You can't see her. She has no wish to see you and I will make sure you ain't getting through that door." Hyun Joong sounded angry and she knew he rarely gets angry except something is terribly wrong.

She jumped to her feet, knocking the mug over and coffee splattered over the table surface. "," she cursed as she took out some tissues to wipe away the stain before dumping them in the trash can.

She could still hear the pandemonium as Hyun Joong's voice rose stronger. She strode to the door and pulled it opened. The words on her lips died as she stared at the man in front of Hyun Joong. "What are you doing here?"

Baekhyun tried to step forward but Hyun Joong blocked him. "Get away from her ," his voice was a brittle as he glared him down.

Baekhyun snorted. "Chae young why don't you call your dog to order and let us talk." He said arrogantly, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

Chae young was visibly shaking from restrained fury. "You will not talk to him like that dimwit. I want you out of here now." She pushed him but he didn't budge.

Baekhyun sighed. "I am sorry for saying that but I want to talk with you Chae young. Please give me a chance to make everything right." He said pleadingly.

Chae young tilted her head. "We have nothing to talk about Byun Baekhyun." Her voice was chilly and he looked up at her in surprise.

"You've changed a lot. I admire your mean streak. All I am asking of is a few minutes of your time. Please Chae young."

He wants to talk, fine but nothing he would say would make her forgive him. "Fine. You have 5minutes and then I will throw you out." She stepped back into the office and slammed the door closed in his face.

A second later, the door opened and Baekhyun stepped in. "A nice place you have in here." He said appreciatively as he looked round the office.

Chae young snapped her fingers twice. "I didn't let you in here to admire my office. You have less than five minutes to leave." She walked to the floor to ceiling crystal clear glass overlooking Seoul, her back turned to him. She was desperately trying to hold back tears, she wouldn't give that jerk the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

For what felt like eternity he just stared at her. Her hair that hung just few inches above her waist, the ramrod straightness of her back and the way she held her head up. Surely this was not the once naive Chae young who had fallen in love with him.

This Chae young is different, cold and sophisticated. He couldn't believe he was so stupid to let her go. The time has come to take her back, and he would get her back. "I am sorry." He said simply, still watching her.

She whirled on him. "Sorry? You are sorry for what you did? For leaving me bleeding to death?" She nearly screamed but cautioned herself. "You have nothing to say that I want to hear. Just leave."

Baekhyun became teary eyed. "I knew what I did back then was wrong. I deeply regret it now and I want everything to go back to normal as it once was. I will make it up to you chae young, just forgive me."

Chae young scoffed. "You've always been a cocky arrogant bastard and you still haven't changed." She turned back to the view. "I am not the naive girl anymore. I have made my own fortune and I don't need the likes of you in my life. Your time is up. Leave." She said calmly even though she was crying inside.

"I will give you time to think about this." Baekhyun said gently. "But always remember that I love you." And with that he was gone.

Seconds later Hyun Joong entered. "Chae young," he called but she didn't turn back. He walked up to her and put his hands on her shoulder, turning her to face him.

What made her released her pent up cries she never knew, maybe it's the touch or the soothing voice. She collapsed into his arms and wept her eyes out.

Hyun Joong held her close and wrapped his arms around her. Damn that bastard for making her cry. Although he didn't know what really happened between them both, but he knew he had hurt Chae young and that is a reason to kill that bastard.

Chea young pulled back to look at him with her mascara streaked face. "Take me home Hyun Joong," she pleaded.

Hyun Joong reached for her purse on the desk. "Come on." He held her hand and led her out.