1

Her past; his future.
One of the disadvantages of being a manager to the most sought after model in any vicinity is one barely having time for one's self. Such is the fate of Kim Hyun joong, manager to the beloveth ice princess of Korea.

Kim Hyun Joong groaned as he rubbed his eyes, stretching his body lazily as he got out of bed.

"Where are you going to?" Tiffany shot up from the bed, her body barely covered by the tangerine patterned sheet, her hair strewn wildly around her face.

Hyun Joong gave her a weird look. "I am going to the office of course. Isn't that obvious?" Without waiting for a reply he headed into the bathroom.

"I'll wait for you till you come back." Tiffany said as soon as he re-entered the room.

Hyun Joong sighed. "I don't know when I will be back. Don't wait for me."

Tiffany was furious. "I knew that is what you would say. You are always a errand boy to that ." She screamed.

Hyun Joong wheeled on her. "You would not talk about her like that." He said firmly, his eyes smoldering with rage.

Tiffany snorted. "You are always so protective of her. Do you have any idea what people are saying about you both?" Her voice was an octave higher.

Hyun Joong's lips thinned. "I don't give a flying about what people says." He said with a scowl that had her keeping shut "Leave when you are done." He added curtly.

* * *

Amidst calls of "Good morning Mr Kim," Hyun Joong walked straight to Han Chae Young's office. The office is on the 24th floor, crystal clear windows from top to floor overlooked the beautiful city of Seoul. Han Chae Young has always been thrilled by her office. On countless nights she would just face the windows and gazed out until Hyun Joong reminds her to go home. Right now, she swiveled on the huge leather chair and faced him with a bright smile. "Good morning Hyun," she greeted simply.

Hyun Joong smiled. "You are looking beautiful as always," he repeated his customary reply.

Deciding to go straight to business, she announced. "I wanted to tell you about the photo shoot Galazy corporations offered." She said as she made to prepare him coffee, something she had done so many times she had lost count of it. Her movements were always so swift and calculated. It has always been like that between them for years. Hyun joong will tell her she looks beautiful and she would make him coffee.

Hyun Joong frowned in consideration. "I thought we had that scheduled for next month."

She handed him a steaming cup of hot black coffee which he took with a murmured 'thanks'. "He called me on my mobile and I told him you had the photo shoot scheduled for next month, but he started begging me, said it couldn't wait that long." She exhaled sharply while giving him a slight shrug.

Hyun Joong leant back on the leather chair opposite her huge mahogany desk, the mug cradled in his hands. "What do you want to do about it?" he asked calmly.

Chae young ran a hand through her hair. "You are the manager. I told him I would have to ask you."

"Do you want to do the shoot for him ahead of the scheduled date?" he asked while watching her carefully.

Chae young turned her chair back to face the city view. "I do. I just want to help a friend out. Kang san is.." she broke off and Hyun Joong didn't intend to probe.

He took out his diary, wrote some things, cancelled some. "You can do the Galazy shoot on Thursday and Friday. 12pm on Thursday, 3pm on Friday. I will rescheduled Pretty Looks for next week." He said and closed the diary. "I believe everything is straighten out." he said with a slight grin.

Chae Young's grin was wider. "Thank you."

Hyun Joong rose swiftly to his feet. "I will inform Pretty Looks about the rearrangement and make other preparations for Galazy." He was almost to the door as he talked. "I will see you later." And with a wink he closed the door behind him.

Chae young smiled at the door. She would always be grateful for having Hyun Joong at her side.