Surprise(Kyungsoo)

I really love you

You coughed. It was nothing much, really, you weren't sick...or maybe you were catching the flu. But anyway Kyungsoo came rushing towards you, worry embracing his features. "Are you okay?" he asked you, anxious and wide-eyed as he touched your forehead. "Do you need to take some medicine or go to the doctor? I heard a lot of people have been catching flu lately."

"I'm fine," you reassured your boyfriend. He didn't look entirely convinced but he said gently,"Alright,just drink more water dear." 

"I know." You smiled and took his hand. Kyungsoo then relaxed, and ruffled your hair."It's getting late now, maybe you wanna sleep first."

"It's too early," you pouted, but you went along with what Kyungsoo said and soon you two were in bed. "Good night ____," he said softly as he your head gently. You snuggled against him, saying a quick "good night".

You loved Kyungsoo deeply, and was extremely grateful for having such a caring boyfriend. He would without fail cook breakfast for you every morning and wake you up with his aegyo. He always took care of you meticulously when you were sick;making soups for you and waking up constantly to check on your temperature even though he was tired. He always made sure that you were happy and well, and that was one of the many qualities of him you appreciated. You wanted to do something special for Kyungsoo, to let him know that you appreciated and loved him a lot. 

And you had already planned what to do. Tomorrow was Kyungsoo's birthday. You would wake up early to bake a cake for him. When it was done you would bring it up to him and give him a wonderful surprise with the birthday cake greeting him when he woke up. At the thought of him beaming with surprise and joy you smiled in content in your sleep. I'm going to make him really happy tomorrow. 

The next day, you woke up at 5am even though you hated waking up early. Usually that was when Kyungsoo's aegyo came in handy. You just couldn't resist it and you would immediately wake up. Or sometimes he would sing to wake you up, which was equally effective. But you were determined to make this special day even more special for Kyungsoo and after getting ready, you went to the kitchen and gathered the ingredients before mixing them together. Soon you got the batter and after pouring it into a pan you put it in the oven, feeling a sense of accomplishment. You were not a good cook, unlike Kyungsoo whose dishes were undeniably fantastic,but at least you managed to prepare the cake properly. Now that you were done, you just had to wait for half an hour for the cake to get ready. Satisfied, you sat down to wait. But you felt your eyelids drooping, you were just too sleepy from waking up this early and you felt yourself being dragged into oblivion. 

The smell of something burning jolted you out of sleep, your eyelids fluttering open quickly. You cursed under your breath. Please don't tell me the cake... Your thoughts were confirmed when you opened the oven to find the cake burnt, and the oven was well, you could say, ruined. Luckily there was no fire, but you were full of self-reproach. "If only I didn't nap just now," you muttered under your breath. Now what were you going to give Kyungsoo? And what would he say about the poor oven? The kitchen practically belonged him, he loved it, and you were the only person who was granted his hard-to-get permission to use it. Damn, I'm screwed. No surprise to make Kyungsoo happy. A ruined oven. 

"______, what happened?" the voice of Kyungsoo brought you back to your senses. He must have smelt the burning and came down.He's going to kill me now. You hung your head as you stuttered,"I...I was baking a cake for your birthday...but I was too tired and I accidentally fell asleep...I didn't mean to do it..." To your embarrassment tears sprung from your eyes and you pressed your eyelids back to keep yourself from crying. 

"_____," Kyungsoo murmured gently. "It's okay, don't cry." He wiped away your tears quickly. 

"I-I'm not crying...I'm tearing," you managed to get out.

"No difference to me."Your boyfriend smiled a little as he patted your head. "Silly, are you worried that I'll get angry at you for the oven?" he asked you.

You nodded. "And I really wanted to give you a nice surprise for your birthday..."

"I'm not angry at you dear. I can always get a new oven. What matters is your thought to give me a surprise today, and I'm happy now," Kyungsoo said while drying your tears. "And I want my girlfriend to be smiling and happy on my birthday," he added tenderly. 

Upon hearing this, you stopped the tears from flowing, looked up and grinned at Kyungsoo," Happy birthday." You then hugged him tightly. 

He smiled and planted a kiss on your forehead."That's more like it."

A/N: Hiii kyungmaine143 here hope you like this haha :D Kyungsoo's like so squishy omg hahaha he's my bias <3 Oh ya you guys might not be able to see the picture of Dyo even though I already put it there haha idk why sorryy><