Warm(Luhan)

I really love you

Warm.

It was what you felt whenever you were with your best friend Luhan. It was what you felt now, because you were indeed with him now, sitting in a taxi, on the way to the airport. 

That feeling couldn't really be called warm, you couldn't name it, but it gave you a comforting sensation each time you were with Luhan. Why? You guessed that because he was the only person who made you feel important. He was the only person who made you really happy. You only tasted happiness with Luhan. 

And you two were about to fly to France in a few hours. It was the dream of you both to go to that much desired country, and that wish was going to be fulfilled soon. The thought of it filled you with excitement and you bounced on the taxi seat. Luhan, looking at you, shook his head and sighed, "______, you are acting like a little kid." But you could catch a hint of a mischievous smile on his smooth face. 

You pouted at him. "I'm not!"

"Well you are!" Luhan insisted. There was a short silence between you two before your eyes met, and he burst into laughter. "I was just joking," he tried to clarify but hit made it even harder to hold in his laughter. 

"I know," you replied, pretending to be not amused at all. But in fact you were very tickled by Luhan. 

You stared at each other without blinking for a few minutes until Luhan raised his hands up in surrender." I give up."

"Me too," you giggled. 

Luhan had been in your life for as long as you could remember. He had been in the same school and class as you up till now which was sort of a miracle. You were always together, supporting and helping each other out. You tutored each other in subjects you were weak in. Luhan had defended you from bullies while you had helped him to reconcile with a friend. You two were inseperable, always seen in each other's company. 

Life was really better with Luhan. He gave you a sense of not only happiness and importance, but security too with him constantly looking out for you. You wouldn't know where you would be without him. Lately you started to feel somewhat differently about Luhan, like you felt he was more than a friend to you. But he'll never fall in love with me. That was what you thought. 

Soon you reached your destination. The next few hours were spent in the airport looking around. After that you boarded plane. At first you were chatting excitedly to the boy, but fatigue overtook you and after the meal you were asleep. Upon noticing this, Luhan smiled and pulled your blanket closer over to you so that you wouldn't be cold, for he knew that you got sick quite easily. But he was still worried for you, and after pausing for a moment, he asked for an extra blanket and pulled it over you tightly. Now rest assured, he heaved a sigh of relief. 

Luhan looked at you and slowly, for he was afraid to disturb you, your head gently. Since young he had always cared for you a lot, but he did not realize what were his true feelings towards her until he saw her chat with other boys in your class, like Baekhyun. Upon seeing that Luhan had felt a pang of jealousy, even though it was not certain that you liked Baekhyun at all. But still...

Luhan felt someone shaking at his shoulder, immediately pulling him out of his sleep. He rubbed his eyes groggily and you came into his sight. 

"You finally wake up! I've been trying to wake you up for the past 5 minutes. It was like trying to wake up the dead!" you exclaimed, giggling. 

"Oh really?" Luhan let out a light laugh. "We must be reaching France soon then?"

You nodded eagerly."You got an extra blanket for me right?"

"Yes," Luhan replied softly. You beamed at him."I've would felt really cold without that blanket so...thanks!" you said. 

Your best friend smiled at you."We've been friends for so long. there's no need to thank me."

"But I want to," you laughed. "After all..." you started to say something, but you let it trail off. Luhan looked at you quizzingly and you shook your head to indicate it was nothing. 

The next few days were spent well. You two went to travel to different exciting places and got to see many exotic sights. The food was different from home but you enjoyed it greatly. 

One night, you and Luhan felt quite lazy and decided to just watch the snow fall. It was really a beautiful sight, watching a white blanket form on the ground.

Suddenly you shivered, and you realized that the weather was too cold for your taste. Luhan must have felt you tremble, he asked," Are you alright?"

You nodded to reassure him, not wanting him to worry over you during a holiday. But not less than a second later you sneezed. And you sneezed again. 

"You're definitely not alright," Luhan sighed. He then moved forward and to your surprise, he hugged you. Despite your surprise you felt so safe in his warm embrace and if possible, you would want to stay there forever. 

"Are you warm now?" Luhan whispered. 

"I...you have always kept me warm throughout my whole life." You were shocked at the words that tumbled out of your mouth, but you couldn't hold them in. 

Then, without any hesitation, Luhan moved in to kiss you, and it felt so comfortable. You enjoyed it, and you kissed him back. The two of you stood like this for a few more moments before letting go.

"I love you," Luhan murmured while carressing your cheek with his thumb.

"I love you too," you said softly. "I...I didn't know that you would like me..." you confessed. 

"And I thought you liked Baekhyun." Luhan's confession brought the laughter out of you. "Silly, Baekhyun and Taeyon are interested in each other. I wouldn't want to be the third wheel!" you laughed.

"I'm so silly..."

Then you sneezed again. Luhan widened his eyes. "Oh my gosh I need to bring you to back to the hotel!" he exclaimed worriedly. 

"But I'm fine..." you insisted, but then he bundled you into his arms. "If you recover faster we can travel more together okay?" he asked you. 

"Alright." You nodded before giving him a peck on the cheek. "I really love you Luhan."

"I really love you too."

A/N: Hi guys I'm the co-author of this one-shot series kyungmaine143:). Hope you guys like this one-shot!