Chapter 31 - Mr. No-Emotions

Contract to Their Hearts

Two years had passed since the court case now and Joonmyeon’s life was still the same, except for the most recent addition to his life, who he recently gathered up the confidence to ask to be his boyfriend. He walked the five minute walk from his apartment to his boyfriend's shop and saw him playing at the white grand piano by the shop window. He walked in and turned the open sign around to say closed while staying silent to appreciate the musical talent. He walked to his boyfriend’s side and when the song was finished Joonmyeon applauded quietly and kissed his boyfriend’s forehead before sitting on the piano bench alongside him.

“How was work today?” Lay asked, carefully closing the lid that covered the keys and folding the sheets of music into his bag.

“Oh as usual. How about you? How was your day?”

“I sold two guitars and I think I’ve managed to perfect one of the songs I was working on.” Lay said proudly.

Joonmyeon smiled back at him and helped him to turn the lights out and lock everything up. Lay had used most of his money from the case to buy himself a shop just a five minute walk away from his apartment where he permanently lived with his boyfriend. He sold all kinds of instrument, music books, music cases, picks, bows, you name it. Anything to do with music and Lay had it. When there was nobody perusing the shelves or sifting through the sheets of music, Lay was playing away in the corner and writing his own music.

Hand in hand Lay and Joonmyeon left the building and took a peaceful walk back home, the sun was setting and the warm orange light was shining between the tall buildings of Seoul. Winter would soon be approaching and nights were getting colder. The two shuffled closer together to keep warm as the night started to set in.

Several streets away in another part of Seoul Tao was pulling into his drive. Sehun had been winding him up for the entire car journey and when they finally got home Tao got out of his car and walked off quickly and silently, putting distance between him and his annoyance. He had given Sehun the silent treatment for the entire journey but he really didn’t seem to be getting the hint. Sehun caught up to Tao and decided it would be funny to trip Tao up from behind.

Bad move. He set off Tao’s innate Wushu skills and without thinking Tao swept his foot behind him, capturing Sehun’s and knocking him off balance before he spun 180⁰ and hit Sehun right in the face. He recalled a time when he had thought of wiping that smug look off of his face. Looks like he just did. Sehun fell to the ground and was silent, for once. Both were shocked at what happened and when Tao realised he apologised more than he had before in his entire life, between fits of laughter that is.

Sehun let it go easily, but not without demanding repayment and he ambushed Tao near the front door, demanding a kiss for his release. The two of them didn’t hide their affection and lust for each other anymore, and everybody knew that they were in a relationship, even if the two of them had never officially said it. They didn’t need to say it to know.

On a cold but bright winter’s day close to Christmas many people were out in Seoul doing Christmas shopping, Lay and Joonmyeon being two of those people. They had been shopping for a few hours when Lay started to complain that his feet ached.

“Then should we stop at your favourite café, it’s near here isn’t it?” Joonmyeon asked, both his and Lay’s arms full of bags from shopping.

“That would be nice.” Lay nodded.

They had only gotten two steps further when a familiar voice exclaimed. “Is that Lay?”

The two turned and saw Tao and Sehun who also appeared to have been shopping. After greeting each other they decided to get coffee together and catch up.

“How’s your shop going Lay?” Tao asked while fighting off Sehun’s hand which was trying to steal Tao’s bubbletea.

“Really well. I even have regulars now who I’m pretty close with. It’s nice to chat to people who have a passion for music.” Joonmyeon pretended to be offended and held onto Lay’s arm.

“Don’t be getting too close to them though!” He whined, refusing to let go for a few seconds longer. The group laughed easily and the atmosphere was light.

“Do you give music lessons?” Sehun asked, on the straw and trying to drink the last dregs from the bottom of the cup. That small quantity of liquid that is immune to being drunk through the straw.

“I’ve considered it. Once I’ve been going for a few months longer I’m going to convert the back room to a place where I can give lessons.”

Joonmyeon turned to Sehun. “So what about you? What are you doing now?”

“Oh he’s not doing anything.” Tao nagged.

“I am! I’m following my dream to become a dancer and then I’m going to become a choreographer! I have a dance exam tomorrow actually.” Sehun added, looking nervous.

“You’ll do fine!” Lay assured.

“Though I think you’d do well to partner up with Lay, you two dance so well together!” Tao chipped in.

Lay blushed but Sehun just smiled smugly.

A moment later Sehun’s phone buzzed and he replied back smiling.

“It’s Kai, he’s nearby with Soo, he’s coming here.”

“Then we’d better move outside, he’ll no doubt want to smoke.”

The four of them moved to seats outside the shop where heaters kept you warm even in the dead of winter. Only minutes later Kai and Kyungsoo joined them, ordering drinks from the waitress and sitting at the empty seats. Just as Joonmyeon had predicted, Kai had a lit cigarette between his fingers.

Kai and Sehun greeted each other by high fiving, while Suho and Kyungsoo kissed cheeks. The two of them got on well, like two mothers who met in the playground. In other words, they were the two mature ones while the others were the kids.  For ten minutes there was constant chatter but as they calmed down they went into a quiet respite, where all of them felt the same feeling. It was a feeling of coming very far from a bad place.

It was during this moment that it happened. Someone was walking through the crowd who stood out compared to the other Christmas shoppers. He was tall, he was handsome and he was from a foreign land. The girls around were swooning at his cool gaze and he was definitely well off.

They only saw him for a brief second before he got into the back of a car. Another man who had curly hair and large, elf-like ears got into the driver’s side and from the crowd a shorter man also got into the car, he had dark hair and wore thick eyeliner. The car drove off and the six watched in silence as it drove into the distance.

The passenger in the back of the car looked at the couple in the front. He saw how their hands were joined together and how they muttered sweet nothings to each other. However the driver caught him looking in the rear-view mirror and he let out a laugh at the passenger’s flustered face.

“Hey Mr. No-Emotions back there, haven’t you ever been in love?” The one with eyeliner teased.

“Yeah.” The Curly haired one who always looks happy asked curiously. “Have you been in love before, Yifan?”

The Chinese-Canadian hesitated for so long that the two in the front thought he wasn’t going to answer. However while staring out of the window he replied in his cool mysterious voice.

“Yes. I was in love…”


Oh my GOSH. IT'S OVER IT'S ALL OVEEER!!!! 

asdfghjkl 

What do you guys think? I'd love to know if you want a prequel or sequel and if you have any answers about characters or the storyline I'd be glad to fill you in. OMO I've just finished a story for the first time ever. FREAKING. OUT.

Thank you so so so so so so so soooo much for reading this, for subscribing, upvoting, for the wonderful comments. You readers are the motivation that it took to get me to the end. I love you so much. THANK. YOU. Now let me go lay down and, I don't know, sob and wonder what to do in my spare time? Yeah. That'll do.

-1990stalker-