Chapter 3 - Time to Host

Contract to Their Hearts

Kris and Lay walked into the reception and were asked to take a seat by the receptionist. She was a different receptionist to the usual one; Kris noticed a name tag saying ‘Suzy’ Pinned to her shirt. 

While he waited for more orders, Kris observed the room. It was fairly luxurious looking considering the area of town they were in. The floor was white marble; the reception desk stood straight opposite the door and was made up of a dark wood topped with a sleek, shiny black counter. A door lead to a room behind the counter which Kris presumed was where the staff stayed. Kris and Lay were sat on the left of the room on seats made of dark leather. Opposite them on the right side of the room was a set of double doors and in the very back right-hand corner of the room a silver elevator stood waiting to be used, red numbers illuminating that it was sat on the ground floor of the building.

Moments later Lee Soo Man entered, dressed in his usual black suit, white shirt and pink tie.

“Gentleman, you’re here!” He clapped his hands and rubbed them together, proving his eagerness to start business with Kris and Lay. “Let’s get started shall we?” He asked, ushering them to move through the building.

He led them into the room on the right hand side of the room. It was fairly large, containing many tables and small booths for people to sit, there was a bar at one end of the room and speakers were placed here and there in the corners of the room.

“This is the main host room, and is where you will start your work. This is where you entertain whoever you want, and whoever wants you. Pour them a drink, make light conversation, flirt a little bit. That’s what they’re here for. Show them a good time, make them want to come back. Remember boys, this may be their only escape from their normal lives; you have to feed to their fantasies, compliment them a little!”

He turned to look at the boys for a moment, eyes twinkling with excitement. “Any questions?”

Kris and Lay looked at each other for a moment then back to Lee Soo Man.

“I don’t think so.” Kris said slowly, and lay shook his head, it was hard for the both of them to keep up with Soo Man’s fast pace, especially for Lay who struggled with Korean.

“Excellent! Let’s move on.”

They were lead back through the door in which they had entered and then into the elevator which took them up to the next floor. When the elevator doors opened they walked into a corridor with several doors on each side.

“Now boys, these are private booths, and this is where you will work once you’ve gotten yourself a few fans. They will request you privately, and you will get to spend some alone time in these booths.” Lee Soo man opened a door to one of the smaller rooms and showed them inside. There was a small drinks bar, a red sofa and small sleek coffee table. A TV was on the wall and a music player offered a wide choice of music. “This here is an alarm used for emergencies. If you feel vulnerable or something happens to either yourself or your client, just ring this alarm and help will come. However do not use this unless you can’t get out of the situation.  We don’t want to upset the customer or they might not come back, will they?”

Kris and Lay barely had time to look more around the room before they were once again ushered out of the room and back into the elevator, going up to the next floor. A question had been nagging at Kris for a little while now but he was still trying to think of a way to phrase it.

“So, how far are we expected to, take it with the clients?” Kris asked, feeling slight embarrassment but trying to act composed.

“Well, as far as your both willing to take it really. I would recommend you didn’t go too far with a client too soon. Drag it out and they might keep coming back. But don’t push their patience or they might go somewhere else. You have to find a balance. Go as far as you’re willing to and, in some cases, more! Push yourself. Remember this is an act and you are the main star. And that reminds me! Relationships with clients are strictly forbidden. As you must know, relationships are forbidden completely in the contract you signed.” Kris didn’t remember reading that. But then he probably hadn’t read it at all. He had skimmed the words at the top, ignored the middle of the contract completely and then read the last line. Before he could dwell on the contents of the contract too much, he was being pulled into a room half way down the corridor.

“Okay so this will be your dorm, both of you will be sharing this room together.” Soo Man gestured to the space in which they all stood. It wasn’t as good as in Kris’s fantasies but then his mind had a habit of getting too ahead with things. However it was still much better and bigger than Kris’s current accommodation. After walking through the front door you were faced with an open living space, to the left there was a black leather couch and TV, to the right a small kitchen with an island. There was also a door directly in front of the front door which opened into a small hallway with three more doors. To the immediate left there was a small bathroom with a walk in shower. The next door to the left had washing machines, ironing boards, and places for clothes to be hung. The only door to the right opened up to a joint bedroom.  In this room there were beds at each separate end of the room, small bedside tables with lamps and an area with a mirror and shelves. 

“I hope that this is okay for you, this is where you’ll be staying until your contract ends with us.” Lay had stayed silent the whole time and Kris was starting to wonder if he had taken any of the information they had been told in at all.  “You will be given the key for your dorm later today, and you can move in as soon as you like.” Soo Man added. “I’ll give you more time to look around and once you’re done come back down to the lobby.” With that Soo Man left, and Lay and Kris stood awkwardly with each other.

“How much of that do you remember?” Kris asked in Chinese to Lay, who nervously chuckled in response.

“There are private booths, we go as far as the client wants, and this is where we live.”

“Yeah well that’s pretty much all we were told anyway.” Kris shrugged. He left Lay to slowly walk around the dorm, taking everything in. He went to the kitchen and opened the fridge, and to Kris’s dismay it was empty. In fact all of the kitchen cabinets were empty too. At least hot water came out of the taps.

The beds were the same; each had black sheets and a single black pillow. The couch was comfy enough, and the TV was of an alright quality. Lay and Kris found themselves heading to the elevator back down to the ground floor at the same time.

Suzy showed them behind the reception desk into the backroom. It was basically a staff room, there were pegs for dorm keys lining the top of one wall, a coffee machine, a seating area and a large cupboard in which they were both directed towards.

“You’ll need to get yourself a set of uniform each out of there.” Suzy said before returning to the reception to answer a phone call.

Kris walked over first, pulling out a black suit with the SM logo stitched into the pocket.  He found a suit that was his size and then offered for Lay to find his. He guessed that he was now officially part of SM Host Club, it was hard for Kris to comprehend. It had happened so quickly but maybe that was how it was meant to be. Maybe it was fate.

Suzy poked her head around the door and said “I hope you’re ready, the host room has been fully booked tonight.” Kris looked at Lay and Lay looked back at him. Both were clearly nervous. It was time for them to host. 


Third chapter is up, and yes it is filler. But I believe the filler should be pretty much over for right now, the story is going to start being unveiled. How are you guys liking it? I'd love to know in the comments what you think and what I could improve on. I'll probably proof read this again later because right now I am starving hungry and MUST EAT. Hehehe thank you for reading! 

-1990stalker-