Chapter 11 - Holiday Please!

Contract to Their Hearts

Kris felt he had no choice but to go into the main host room and wait until later. There were several times where he almost gave up and went to check that Lay was okay, but each time he knew that he would probably get in trouble with Lee Soo Man. He spent the entire night watching the clock and waiting for the guests to leave. The minute that it was 2am Kris practically ran to the elevator.  He tried to remember what room Lay was in but couldn’t so he stared blankly at each of the doors for a few moments as if willing Lay to be revealed. However that isn't how things work so Kris decided to just start opening random doors, becoming more frantic as he went along.

Most of the booths were empty, that is until he opened one to see Kai making out with another host he had seen around here and there. Kai glared at him over the other guy’s shoulder and Kris quickly shut the door.

He opened the next door and Found Tao and Lay, both just getting up to leave by the looks of it.

“Ah Kris!” Tao said shocked. “Anything the matter?”

Kris looked back and forth between Lay and Tao before looking suspiciously at Tao. “No, no…” Kris said, acting overly innocent. “I was just checking that you weren't too drunk to leave again. Oh sorry, did that sound rude?” Kris asked. He might have let just a tiny bit of bitterness slip into his voice. Just a little…

However Tao just smirked. “It’s okay Kris, I know you just can’t stay away, you don’t need an excuse.”

Kris smiled politely but it didn’t meet his eyes. “That might be the case, either way it’s sadly time for you to leave.”  Kris held the door open and gestured into the hall.

Lay watched the encounter between the two, growing more confused. Tao slinked out of the room, slowly being followed by the other two. Kris walked closely by Lay’s side, making sure to stay between Lay and Tao.

“Well it was lovely talking to you.” Tao said to Lay.

“You too.” Lay said, smiling cutely.  This just annoyed Kris more.

When Tao had left Krissuddenly felt awkward around Lay. “So um… What did you do with Tao. I don’t mean like do just talk. Unless you did do something…”  Kris realised he was talking nonsense so gave up. Lay just raised an eyebrow.

“Are you okay?”

“yeah I’m fine, just wondering how your night went. With Tao. Alone.”

“You’re not jealous are you?” Lay asked chuckling.

“I’m not jealous.” Kris said, shaking his head.

“Really?” Lay found it hard to believe.

“Just making sure you had a nice, uneventful night.” Kris said. Lay finally started to realise that Kris was hinting at more happening than just talking with Tao.

Lay pouted, thinking that Kris thought he was unfaithful. But then there was nothing to be unfaithful to. It’s not like they we're dating….

“What did you think I would do? Make a move on him?” Lay asked, still pouting.

“No!” Kris defended. “Just, he might have made a move on you.” Kris said quietly, looking down like a shy teenage girl.  Lay's mouth fell open for a second and then a small grin grew on his face. He quickly placed a small kiss on Kris’s cheek before the elevator doors opened and he walked out, calling back to Kris.

“There’s only one person I would let make a move on me.” Kris definitely blushed at this comment and only remembered how to move his legs when the elevator doors started to close on him.

In the dorm there was content peace for a little while, but something was playing on Lay’s mind. “Kris…” Lay started. Kris looked away from the TV and at Lay, who was drying up a couple of bowls from their dinner.

“Did…” Lay stopped, unsure of how to ask the question, especially without being insensitive.

“Go on…” Kris urged. Lay debated for a second, but decided he needed to ask for his own piece of mind.

“Did Tao make a move on you?” Lay asked, biting his lip afterwards. To his surprise Kris stayed silent. He looked at Kris whose eyes were widened in horror. “He did?” Lay asked, gasping slightly. Seeing that Kris was worked up by the incident made Lay want to go over and hug him, but as he went to move pain shot through his waist.  Lay bit back the moan of pain and rubbed his waist, carrying on making his way to Kris.  “What happened?” Lay asked, looking into Kris’s eyes. Kris immediately avoided eye contact. It felt like cheating. He felt like he had let Lay down.

“He just tried to kiss me.” Kris said reluctantly.

“And…” Lay said “What happened?”

“I told him I didn’t want to go that far. He didn’t want to stop so I tricked him and then escaped from him. After that he calmed down and didn’t try anything else.”  Lay nodded.

“That’s good then. If nothing happened and he stopped there’s nothing to feel upset about.” Lay gently Kris’s head. “Jeeze who knew you were such a big baby.”

After that night Tao didn’t ever go back to the Host club. It shocked Kris, but he was happy. So long as Tao was no longer getting in between him and Lay.  More weeks passed and they were soon due their monthly wage. It wasn’t much better than their first wage.

“I can’t believe this.” Kris said to Lay.

Lay didn’t bother responding. Kris knew that Lay wanted to prove his worth to his uncle. It wasn’t fair for the two of them.

“Don’t worry.” Kris said. "In two weeks it would have been two months since we started to work here and we can have a break."

“Finally.” Lay said, showing a half-hearted smile. The two of them had lost a fair bit of weight after starting as a host. They were eating less to save money, and working for hours on end every single day. Kris was starting to feel ill from drinking alcohol every night too. After realising that they were costing him he cut down on them anyway, but sometimes guests would buy Kris a drink, noticing that he one. They seemed to forget that he had to host every single night.

Two more weeks passed and finally the two could book a holiday. They went to the lobby together and stood at the desk.

“We’d like to book some time off.” Lay said to Min.

“You need to have worked here for two months before you can book time off.” Min said.

“We have…” Lay said slowly.

“Since you haven’t received two full wages yet you cannot book any time off.” Min said, pretending to be sympathetic.

“So what?” Kris asked “We have to wait another fourteen days before we can book?”

“I’m afraid so.”

The two of them dragged their tired bodies back up to their dorms, full well knowing that they would have to move 28 crates of drinks, clean two levels of the host club 14 times and work as a host for one hundred and two hours before they could book holiday. They sat lifelessly in the dorm; falling asleep on the sofa and all the while Lay was absently rubbing his waist. 


So this chapter is quite short and I haven't proof read this or the last chapter yet. On the other hand I have a temporary job now, and possibly even a boy that I like. My life is going right for once! The scandals are start going to be reveiled soon. But right now I need to get some rest. I've been busy all day! :P

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! Reading through your comments brings me so much joy every day :) 

-1990stalker-