Tomorrow

Books and Beats

He hated it when he had emergency calls in the middle of the night, because the schedule of the filming was moved. The boy yawned, missing his bed and it’s warmness but he knew that to get there he had to drag himself out of here. As he stepped out from the set he saw his manager dialing someone and not receiving an answer, which lead to some swears at the device.

“Hyung, it won’t understand it.” Giggled the boy and patted his shoulder. “It’s only the first night, maybe he will be back by tomorrow.”

“I’m not calling Yoseob, but Hyunseung. I know my boyfriend will eventually remember and will call. Oh I so want to ban those get-togethers.”

“Why Hyunseung?” asked the black haired boy, going after his manager, who rushed towards the exit.

“We want to ask him to do your choreography again, but I or Jun has to tell him it’s about you. And he and Jun apparently fought.”

“Why do you always have to tell him it’s me?” asked Dongwoon getting in the passenger seat in the car and yawning.

“Just because… I hope we reach him before the chairman. You know that guy has no habit of telling for who it will be.”

“It’s not that important, as long as he’s pleased later.” Trailed the boy closing his eyes and drifting to sleep. Doojoon waited a good of 5 minutes before he spoke, making sure the boy was asleep.

“Woonnie, actually it’s really important…” whispered the black haired boy and sighed, stealing a glance at his worn out friend. He was glad they worked together, but sometimes it broke his heart.

 

 

 

Gi Kwang entered his apartment and two bouncing balls greeted him cheerfully.

“Welcome home~” both boys sang in unison and the dancer’s eyes widened.

“Why are you here so early? You were supposed to come in an hour!” shouted Gi Kwang, obvious shock and horrid in his eyes. He shouldn’t have given them a spare key.

“If you always tell us to come later, so you can hide Dongwoon’s framed poster from us, you needn’t have to. We saw it the first time after you bought it.” Shrugged Yoseob walking to his friend and getting his backpack for him.

“Actually Junnie saw you buy the disk and later we searched for it. We always wondered why you hide it.” Said Hyunseung smiling sweetly.

“And we’re not only talking about the last one.” Whispered Yoseob finally making Gi Kwang snap and glare at them. Both of his friends giggled and dashed to the kitchen, an angry Kiki following them behind.

“Yah! You traitors! Peeping Toms!” yelled the boy trying to capture his friends.

“Hey, that last one’s too much.” Said Yoseob stopping and pouting, making his friend stop in his tracks too. “But don’t you want to talk about it? … It’s been almost three years.”

“2 years 11 months and 20 days to be exact.” Corrected them the dancer. “We got back from the trip on November 25th, now it’s 15th of November.”

“Are you M?” asked Hyunseung sitting on the countertop next to Gi Kwang and Yoseob.

“Huh?”

“Masochist.” Said Yoseob, leaning next to Hyunseung and watching their friend become beef red. “Don’t tell me we had a psycho for a friend for so long!”

“No! Wah~!” whined the dancer and started pulling at his hair. “I’m not… I just…” he looked at them, his eyes teary and he hid his face in Hyunseung’s stomach, wrapping his arms around his waist.

“Junhyung will kill you if he saw you now.” commented Yoseob while giggling and Hyunseung scowled. “Oh, damn you had a fight again.” Sighed the now bleach blond kinder-garden teacher while heading to the refrigerator. “Hopefully we have a lot of alcohol.”

“Why is your love life so perfect?” asked the light brown dance instructor (Hyunseung) and earned a snort from the teacher.

“How about we start the night?” asked the blond and dragged his friends to the living room, two bottles of whiskey in hands.

They opened one of the bottles and started drinking, and watching one another. At first these get-togethers were just for Hyunseung and Yoseob to run away from Doojoon and Junhyung. Not that they didn’t love them – the opposite: those guys were the world for them, it was just that after they started living with each other things got tense.

First it was Yoseob, and Seung and Kiki were making him company while he vented all of his anger out, about how Doojoon was so lazy and he didn’t even cook for him once, or how he would just throw his clothes everywhere and not clean the dishes and how he was making Yoseob into the typical house-wife. Well after they had an ignoramus fight about it (making Yoseob Gi Kwang’s housemate for a week). They got the hand of how to live with each other, but then Doojoon’s job of being Dongwoon’s manager grew and he was busy and sometimes the trio got together just to make each other company.

Later it was Hyunseung… Damn that was a hard period of time. They yelled at each other all the time about the most random of things. Being it that Hyunseung left his towel on the bed, or that Junhyung refused to wash the dishes, or about who will pay when they got out (yea, they were yelling at each other in public too), or Hyunseung’s music being too loud while Junhyung was writing, or the fact that the song-writer didn’t pay attention to his boyfriend while in the world of words. Once they even fought about why it was raining on their date day and whose fault it was… That period was hard for everyone and everyone expected them to break up but after two months of headaches they settled down. They still fought, like now, but they loved each other. And as Hyunseung sometimes liked to joke: they were fighting for the sake of the hot make-up afterwards.

As for Gi Kwang… he was the bystander. Watching, listening, and offering a shoulder for whoever needed it. Of course his home address was unknown to his best friends’ boyfriends. It was their fortress when something happened and it was best if those two didn’t know where to run to and make things worse. But they were meeting up and chatting, Doojoon and Junhyung forgiving Gi Kwang after a year or a little more. But he never saw Dongwoon again… Except on TV, or a magazine, or billboard, or somewhere on the net.

“I…” started the host of the evening. “… I don’t talk about it, because I don’t deserve to be comforted. I made him go through so much pain, he even quit school. I learn something new about him from here and there and that’s all I need.” The raven headed smiled sweetly as if everything was okay and continued. “Seunggie once said it was all a high-school fling, but as we grew I understood it was not only that. If I knew that three years later I will still love him I would’ve been more selfish.” No one commented on that and they knew their friend didn’t expect or want it anyway.

“Junnie is jealous ‘coz I went to grab some coffee with Jay. Actually that day he proposed me to choreograph his dance, but I never got to telling Junhyung… he started yelling the minute I said I drank coffee with Jay.”

“Back in school I never thought that the scary dragon Junhyung would be the jealous and clingy type of boyfriend.” Commented Yoseob making everyone laugh. “Me and Doo, didn’t actually fight… I tried not making a big deal of it, but he said we spend less and less time together and that I was at fault… Like my teacher career is 24/7 like his. I’m not the one getting calls in the middle of the night, that I have to go and drive Dongwoon to some radio show or interview or to stop a stupid fictional rumor. And I’m the one not having time for us?”

“Is it about the get-together?” asked Gi Kwang sipping from his drink.

“Yea… He suddenly got tomorrow free and he was grumpy I had plans with you.”

“You could’ve called and postponed it.” Answered Hyunseung frowning.

“If he kept shut about it, maybe I would’ve.” Hyunseung and Gi Kwang looked at each other and frowned knowing their friend forgot all about it because of his anger.

“Seobbie…” Gi Kwang started and bit his lips. “Tomorrow is the anniversary since you moved in to live together.” At that Yoseob’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

“I’m an …” his friends shrugged and watched him as he rummaged his bag. “I’m going to call him now.”

“I’m going to turn my phone on then too, since I expect Jun calling and begging for forgiveness.”

Yoseob dashed to the bedroom to talk with Doojoon in private. He was really cheesy when he had to apologize and he knew his friends would laugh so it was better hiding from them while doing it. Hyunseung returned to his seat, a light-up device in his hands as he sat down.

“Don’t worry I will stay for 2 days to keep you company.” He smiled and lay in Gi Kwang’s lap, making the other dancer laugh. A minute later though his phone rang and they looked at it curiously. “Oh… it’s from Cube’s President.” Frowned Hyunseung but got the call anyway. “Yoboseyo… Oh, thank you but I can’t… I already signed a contract and I won’t have much time… Hmm…” Hyunseung looked up at Gi Kwang who shook his head, but the boy in his lap smiled sweetly and answered. “I have a friend who will be willing to do it… yea I will talk with him and call you back.” when he ended the line Gi Kwang started shaking him frantically.

“Cube is where DONGWOON IS!” he shouted his voice getting higher and higher with every word. “What if I have to do his choreography?!”

“Chill… Jun still hasn’t written his title song, and I remember him telling me G.Na’s song-writer was quite ahead. Plus, Dongwoon rarely goes to the dance studios in the company now.”

“Actually he only goes to the main building when he has a meeting with the CEO and he has his own dance studio above his apartment.” Said Yoseob as he entered the room. “Your walls are thin and you’re loud.”

“Yo-Yo, your husband called me like 10 times… he probably thought you won’t pick up even if your mobile is on.”

“What about Junhyng-hyung?” asked Kiki, peeking at the phone of his friend.

“Nothing….” At the word the room fell silent and the only sound was of Hyunseung’s phone going off. “I have Cube’s card so we’ll call from your phone, Kiki-ah.”

“I’m going home. Doo said he’s dropping Dongwoon and he’s coming home so…”

“You’ll cuddle all night.” The other two said in unison and everyone laughed.

The two left sent their friend home and then got inside, drinking the remains of the bottle of whiskey and laughing like crazy and sharing things they won’t remember tomorrow as always.

 

***

It's pretty obvious where this is going =D This is... filler chapter? I feel like i changed their personalities a little =/ Oh well... ahead there are two unexpected surprises =) Please await them ^^