in Busan

Books and Beats

It was chilly in Busan, despite the clear and sunny weather. The boys were taking a little rest in their respected rooms (Junhyung and Dongwoon; Hyunseung and Gi Kwang and of course – Yoseob and Doojoon) before they had to go out. The first two and last two days were supposed to be their free ones, so the six boys decided they would go out and roam the town just for the fun of it. Dongwoon of course was supposed to sneak sometime to meet AJ, but for that the boy had to text him he was free to meet.

“I never thought that Gi Kwang would bring more luggage than Hyunseung… I mean… that guy is the school’s prince…” all of a sudden said Junhyung, turning on the bed so he would face the maknae.

“…And your boyfriend.” Smirked Dongwoon and looked at his lying friend.

“Dude, please stop it or you will spill it out.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell.” With that the blond sat on the edge of Junhyung’s bed and patted his friend’s tummy. “But I’m glad you told me. I secretly cheered for you two to get together.”

“It’s still not 100% sure… and you tell me stuff too, like… about AJ’s coming here.”

“I was going to tell Doojoonnie too, but Yoseob is always around and I don’t want him knowing some stuff… For example – about Gi Kwang.”

“Doo won’t tell him about Gi Kwang that’s for sure.”

“I know… It’s just… If Yoseob wants to he can get it out of him… But I feel bad…”

“Don’t sweat it. It’s not like we won’t tell him ever… Just a little later. I don’t want to tell him because he will tease me to no end!”

“I can see that coming. And you were saying those things about never getting together while you were dating.” With that both boys laughed thinking of their hyper friend. “But no matter what they’re a nice couple.”

“I agree.” Junhyung got up from his bed and headed to the shower. “I’m gonna take a bath before we head out… Woonnie, use the time here to sort your feelings, ok?”

“Sure, hyung.” Smiled the youngster and went to his sack of clothes to choose something for dressing later.

 

 

Hyunseung was sorting his cosmetics while Gi Kwang was in the shower. They were really fast with unpacking, but the problem was about where to put all the clothes, and apparently the dancer had more than he needed. He said it was because he was supposed to play two roles and Hyunseung told him it was too weird he had so many things with him. Anyway at least the orange haired one told him to leave his cosmetics and that he will lend him his own. Seriously, who would believe that the nerdy looking nice cutie will have a whole backpack with all sorts of creams and lotions and eyeliners and whatnot?

Gi Kwang got out of the shower only to meet his friend’s shocked expression. The boy raised his eyebrows and pouted his lips a little feeling confused, he even turned around to see if there perhaps was someone behind him.

“Seunggie?” the boy waved his hand in front of his friend.

“You dyed your hair?!” Hyunseung rushed to the half-wet boy and tugged at his hair.

“Yea, yesterday… Do I look good?”

“Those temporary dyes are pretty awesome. I didn’t figure it out at all.” At that the dancer smiled and patted his friend’s shoulder.

“That’s the idea… and I’m using two packs now.” Said the boy getting his clothes out.

“Oh I see… Kiki, we’ve known each other for so long…”

“Mmm…”

“Why have we never thought of dating?” at that Gi Kwang, with his jeans on and T-shirt right above his head, looked at his friend like he was someone he never met in his life.

“Why do you ask?”

“I like hot guys, and you’re really hot, but I never thought ‘ah, I wanna date him’.” With that Hyunseung sat on his bed and scratched his nose pouting cutely.

“I guess there never was the thing that makes friends lovers.”

“Maybe it’s that… Besides we’re both the bottom type.”

“I’m not bottom.” Protested Gi Kwang glaring at his friend while he was folding a blouse and jeans, preparing to put them in his backpack.

“Oh yea. You think you will be the top when you do it with Woonnie?” Gi Kwang blinked a few times, before throwing his just folded jeans in the direction of Hyunseung and hitting the older boy.

“I…. am bottoming for him, so what? It doesn’t mean I’m the bottom type.”

“Maybe it’s like that. Let’s go fetch Yoseob.”

“Sure, let me put my hat first and some sweater.”

“So AJ is coming today?”

“He came here yesterday.”

 

 

Yoseob, Hyunseung and Gi Kwang were waiting outside of the hotel they were staying. Apparently Dongwoon fell asleep while Junhyung had showered so now they had to wake the boy up and wait for him to get ready. Yoseob was standing in front of Gi Kwang, eyeing him from head to toe with judging eyes.

“You’re going to meet Dongwoon like AJ looking like this?” Hyunseung giggled at the said while Gi Kwang looked around frantically and shut Yoseob’s mouth.

“Speak lowly. And no – I have other clothes in my backpack.”

“And under the hat his hair is light brown.”

“Are you kidding me?!” shouted Yoseob and reached for the dancer’s knitted hat, lifting the front a little so only he could see. “Idiot! What if you have to take it off or someone else does it!?”

“I will tell them I just got a shower and I don’t want to catch a cold?”

“I think it is relevant.” Said Hyunseung while shrugging.

“Stop giving him bad ideas.” Whined the blond and threw his hand in the air.

“What bad ideas is he giving to our naïve Gi Kwanggie?” all of a sudden Doojoon’s voice was heard and his arms were wrapped around Yoseob’s waist. The three boys looked with shock at the ones that just arrived.

“Hyunseung told Gi Kwang to get a shower before they head out and that if he wears a hat he won’t get a cold…” said Yoseob smiling innocently.

“That won’t do! It’s chilly so he could still catch a cold.” Said Doojoon while he looked at Hyunseung.

“He dried my hair before that with the hair-drier, so it’s fine.” Smiled Kiki glad that they obviously heard only the last part. He looked at Dongwoon and saw the boy’s head and closed eyes on Junhyung’s shoulder. The older didn’t seem to mind this; moreover he looked used to it. “Is Dongwoon ok?”

“Yea, he’s a little sleepy after just getting up.” Answered Doojoon and patted the maknae on the head, which got up from Junhyung’s shoulder and opened its eyes.

“I’m not sleepy.” Answered the blond yawning and rubbing his eyes.

“You just convinced everyone in that.” Mocked Junhyung and lashed his hand around the younger’s shoulder. “Wake up so we can head out and get to know the town.”

“Deh, deh…” said the boy yet again and yawned, which made everyone giggle and laugh.

 

 

The boys were out for about 4 hours now and everyone was hungry so they headed to the nearest McDonalds that they spotted an hour ago, before they entered a clothes shop.  Now they were seated at a table in one of the buildings of the fast-food chain chatting about random stuff, while Dongwoon was constantly checking his phone. He was already there, he should’ve texted him up till now.

“Son Dongwoon, leave your phone alone or I will break it.” Came Doojoon’s harsh voice and the blond stuck his phone in his pocket, smiling nervously. “What’s gotten into you? You’re usually not like this.”

“I’m… debating on whether to call my mom or not. I bet she’s dead worried, but I don’t want to be like those kids that call their moms in every 15min when they are away.” Lied the boy, too ashamed he was waiting for AJ to text him.

“I called mine when we reached here.” Said Gi Kwang pouting cutely. “What’s wrong with letting her know you’re here safe?”

“His mom doesn’t look like it when we’re in Seoul, but the moment he leaves the town she can call him every one hour.” Explained Junhyung. “Actually he already called her once, but since we assured her he will be with us all the time she isn’t calling now.”

“That’s what’s bugging me!” said the boy, now conscious of his mother’s lack of interest this time. “I know she’s worried, but she hasn’t called!” at the said Hyunseung and Yoseob giggled and Gi Kwang only smiled at Dongwoon.

“You’re cute.” Blurted the glasses boy, which made Doojoon wiggle his eyebrows at Junhyung, who smirked at Dongwoon’s blushed face. Yoseob only looked at Doojoon with confusion and Hyunseung was watching Dongwoon and Gi Kwang not caring about the others at the moment. “I will go to the bathroom for a while.” Said the boy and left his phone on the table.

“Nee, Dongwoon-ah.” Started Yoseob smirking at the other blond. “Don’t you think our Gi Kwang is cute too.” At the said Junhyung almost choke on his cola and everyone looked him in surprise and the boy only waved his hand.

“I was about to sneeze and inhaled too deeply.” Managed to say the boy, while Hyunseung was patting his back.

“So…” continued Yoseob diverting his attention to Dongwoon again. The younger boy had his head rested on his hand and he was smiling at his hyung innocently.

“Deh, he is cute and naïve too.” Answered the boy and then his phone started ringing. He dug it out and checked his message.

To: Dongwoonnie
From: AJ

Did you have fun
with your friends?
Wanna meet? ^^
If you say yes I will
meet you at the
entrance of
Amnam-dong ^^
in an hour?

(Amnam-dong is some park according to Google maps XD)

The maknae smiled and replied real fast to the dancer, just at that moment Gi Kwang returned to his place and smiled at everyone as usual. Since Yoseob was the one sitting next to him the boy leaned his head on the now blond boy and smiled goofily at him.

“Yoseobbie, let’s go to the arcades?” everyone laughed at that and some agreed to the request the boy made, except…

“Actually… I have some work to do.” Answered Dongwoon scratching his head. “I will leave you all in about 30minutes.” Gi Kwang rested his chin on Yoseob’s shoulder and blew at the boy’s neck, obviously erting him from speaking. He looked at Hyunseung and the boy got what he wanted.

“I want to go, but I’m kind of tired from the road.” The nerd boy pouted and looked down.

“We can go tomorrow?” asked Dongwoon leaning in and trying to catch the boy’s gaze. The older male looked up and smiled gratefully then nodded.

Then Dongwoon’s phone rang again and he dug it to check out who wrote him.

To: Dongwoonnie
From: AJ

I can’t wait to hug
you… I miss it.

The blond smiled and replied real quickly.

 

 

Gi Kwang’s POV:

The boy was sitting on a bench, staring at his cell phone.

“I miss you too.”

He sighed and snapped the phone shut, sticking it again in his pocket. He knew Dongwoon was more attached to AJ than to Gi Kwang and even if he was both of them he was still hurt the boy liked AJ more. He ruffled his hair and stood up ready to ditch the boy, when two arms wrapped around his shoulder and pulled him back on the bench. The boy looked up with shock to find a smiling Dongwoon. He smiled at the boy too, though he knew his smile was sadder and his eyes showed it.

“Hey.” Came the blond’s deep voice. “Nice hair color. I almost didn’t recognize you.”

“Hey.” Answered the dancer and felt the younger’s lips touching his forehead. “And thanks”

“I thought you won’t call.” With that Gi Kwang stood up and started walking.

“I really considered doing that.”

“Eeeh, but you promised.” Whined the taller, one puffing his cheeks in front of the older boy. Gi Kwang could do nothing more but laugh.

“I know.” He said after he calmed down. “But it’s your field trip. Don’t you have someone you like to get to know?”

“Maybe I have.” Dongwoon smirked and wrapped his arms around AJ’s waist. The dancer’s eyes got wide. So that other person he liked was from their school.

“So what are you doing here with me?”

“That hyung is resting, besides I wanted to spend more time with you.” That hyung is resting?… This meant that guy was from their group since they were together all day… was it Hyunseung… No way, right? He narrowed his eyes and prayed free from the boy’s embrace. Hyunseung didn’t need a love triangle in his life now.

“So I’m only replacement?”

“You jealous?” smirked the taller one taking AJ’s hand in his.

“What if I am?”

“Want me to be only yours?” Gi Kwang’s eyes widened. His hand was still in Dongwoon’s and he knew he couldn’t have him the way he was now. He pulled his hand and looked downwards.

“No… I can’t want something so selfish.”

“Why?”

“You don’t even know who I am. I can’t bind you to me… It will be better if you go and grab that other boy’s heart.”

“I wanted that before, but we’re too different. We barely talk sometimes. He’s really cute and he’s smart but when it comes to love I think he doesn’t know a thing. He’s too naïve.” Gi Kwang looked up and blinked a few times at the blond in front of him. This was neither Hyunseung nor Yoseob he was talking about not to mention the other two of the group… Was it… Him?

“How do you know that?”

“You have to look at him to know.”

“Son Dongwoon, I don’t want you only to myself knowing my opponent is someone you don’t even consider as a partner.” AJ continued walking ahead, leaving Dongwoon behind. “Besides… I will hurt you, so don’t get too attached to me.”

“Let me decide what I want to do.” Answered the blond and yet again grabbed AJ’s hand.

And he promised to not play with fire… How naïve he really was.

 

***
How do you find the update? ^^

This time I don't have much to say except - please go and read and if you like comment ^^

That's from me for now~ ^^ Be patient with the updates ;)