Chapter 08

Books and Beats

It was Wednesday, right before Gi Kwang’s and Dongwoon’s presentation of their project. The two boys, with the help of Yoseob, were hastily guarding their miniature of the battle, which turned out quite well actually. They were talking happily, ignoring the strange stares the class gave them… Ok, Gi Kwang and Yoseob were ignoring them – Dongwoon was all too cautious and nervous of them. He knew what everyone thought right now: ‘that guy is with them so he can get a good grade’ or ‘he’s just too bored and is playing around and soon he will beat them up in an alley’. He knew everyone thought that but he had no ill intention towards them. He looked at the two guys in front of him, with their hands in their pockets and their heads rocking from left to right, with stupid smiles on their faces.

“Are you happy you have a date today?” sing-sang Gi Kwang laughing goofily. You could say he looked high… Yoseob too.

“Doojoonnie said we will go to the amusement park today~”

“I want to go too~” with that Yoseob turned to Dongwoon and smirked, but just when the boy was about to say something, Dongwoon’s phone rang and the younger blond dug his phone from his pocket. He had to take a note to turn his sound off when he was at school.

From: AJ
To: Dongwoonnie

Your project is today, right?
Good luck~! (^o\^)/

Oh, and btw I was actually
thinking of going to the
beach next week too…
If you get above 95 points
I will come and visit you ;P

 

At the message the boy smiled, though he tried to hide it. That guy knew how to distract him and take his mind off of something. He decided he would reply him later so he turned his sound off and stuck the device again in his pocket facing the two others that were around him. They stared at him, Yoseob with his arms crossed and eyes a little narrowed (he had to admit he hated Hyunseung for making the boy wear eyeliner… He was scary sometimes.); Gi Kwang with hands still in his pocket and lips in a little strained smile. Did he miss something? He raised his eyebrow and Yoseob only shook his head negatively before he patted Gi Kwang on the shoulder and went to his seat.

“What did I do?” the blond asked Gi Kwang, who continued to smile, the smile not quite reaching his eyes.

“Nothing serious.”

“So it’s not nothing either?”

Gi Kwang was about to answer when their teacher came in, quite surprised to see the both boys standing at her desk already, with the miniature next to them.

 

 

They just owned the teacher. She gave them 100 points for the hard work on doing the miniature and for the excellent presentation so here they were – Gi Kwang and Dongwoon, celebrating their awesome grade in the cafeteria with two cokes… alone. Well Doojoon and Yoseob promised to join them later, after they goof around a little outside. As for Junhyung and Hyunseung – Hyunseung was at the library and Junhyung was doing his homework, since he forgot to do it at home. So now Gi Kwang and Dongwoon were all alone, sitting silently at the table munching their lunches and drinking their drinks. At the beginning they were talking much more than this…

“So… um, you nervous about the trip?” asked the blond finally.

“A little. At least we talked the teachers into putting us together for the ride and also putting Doojoon-hyung and Yoseobbie in one room.”

“Yea… I can’t believe we’re going to Busan. The ride will be long.”

“I always wanted to go there.” Smiled the glasses boy and Dongwoon smiled too while nodding.

“But it’s winter. We could’ve gone in spring, or for the summer vacation.” Whined Dongwoon and Gi Kwang playfully hit him laughing and saying he was ungrateful.

“Can I ask something?” all of a sudden asked Gi Kwang, looking at his lunch and adjusting his glasses.

“Yea, sure.”

“Who wrote you before history? You looked happy.”

“Oh… Someone I met recently. He’s nice guy, a little pushy and random and spontaneous, but he’s nice and he’s funny.”

“Do you like him?”

“I really don’t know. Until recently I thought I liked someone else, then this guy popped up and I have no idea now.” At the heard Gi Kwang’s eyes got wide and he bended forward digging curious daggers at Dongwoon.

“Who? Do I know him? Is he pretty? Is he manly? Is he older or younger? Is it a she? Is she cute or pretty?”

“Hyung, what’s with you?” laughed Dongwoon, patting the boy’s head. “That curious?” at that Gi Kwang nodded his head frantically, with a stupid smile plastered on his face.

“You never looked like you were interested in someone, so I’m curious!”

“Curious about what?” asked Hyunseung sitting next to his friend and leaning his chin on the table.

“Dongwoon had someone he liked! I want to know who~” whined Gi Kwang, turning his attention back to Dongwoon.

“Sorry, Dongwoon-ah but this guy is the really curious type.” Answered the orange haired one, yawning. Dongwoon only chuckled before he leaned to Gi Kwang and smirked.

“He’s somehow cute, and I think he can pass for pretty at some point and he’s older than me. I’m not saying anything else.” With that he stuck his tongue out and Gi Kwang pouted.

“Not that much of an info.”

“If he tells you more you will guess who the guy is.” Came Junhyung’s voice out of nowhere and he sat next to his blond friend, lashing a hand around his shoulder.

“Then it won’t be interesting.” Continued Doojoon, sitting on the other side of Dongwoon and too lashing his hand around the younger’s shoulder.

“Stop torturing my friend.” Pouted Yoseob hugging Gi Kwang from behind, his hand wrapped around the other’s shoulders and head rested atop Kiki’s head.

“You stop popping out of nowhere.” Said Dongwoon while eyeing everyone on the table, except for Gi Kwang. “It’s creepy.”

At that everyone laughed and continued with talk about other stuff.

 

Gi Kwang’s POV:

At the end of the day Doojoon passed by to abduct Yoseob and lead him to their date, so Gi Kwang used the chance to lash his hand around Hyunseung’s and smirk at the boy. His eyes narrowed a little and he wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

“It’s only the two of us now~.” he sang in a teasing manner and Hyunseung watched him in shock.

“Yah, Gi Kwang-ah, we’re still at school. Why are you acting this way?” at that the black haired boy straightened up and adjusted the bridge of his glasses looking around.

“I just saw something I wanted to ask you about for awhile now… I couldn’t control myself.” He scratched the back of his head and let out a nervous laugh. Hyunseung pushed him a little with his shoulder, playfully, and giggled at his friend.

“I miss the other Gi Kwang at school. You were such a cute underclassman.”

“Am I not cute now?”

“Yea, but some things are not the same. For example when you try to play serious, with that glare of yours that can make a baby cry and then all of a sudden you break in your sunshine smile. Or when people try to bully you… I get frustrated knowing you can beat the out of them.”

“Aw, Seunggie was this sad?” pouted the boy while they exited the school gates and headed towards Gi Kwang’s apartment. They were friends for far too long for Hyunseung to think they will go to his place with his sneaky sister, when they had something serious to talk about.

“Don’t goof around. What were you going to ask?”

“Oh, I’m not asking until we enter my room. I don’t want you running away.”

 

As soon as the two boys entered Gi Kwang’s room the boy threw his backpack somewhere, along with his glasses and shirt and put on one of his baggy hooddies. While he was doing that Hyunseung sat on the additional bed in the room, and Kiki lay on his own sighing heavily.

“So?” asked Hyunseung crossing his legs and arching a brow.

“Since when are you and Junhyung dating?” at the question the doe eyed boy’s jaw dropped and he blinked a few times. “I saw you the other day during PE. All cuddled and mushy.” The black haired one said hugging himself, lips in a pout and shaking a little from left to right.

“Yah!” shouted the orange haired one and threw a pillow his way. “Don’t tell anyone!”

“Why? What’s so bad about it?” Gi Kwang sat next to his friend and looked him with his most serious expression. “You like each other, right?”

“Yea, but… We’re complicated.”

“I’m your friend, try explaining!” Gi Kwang puffed his cheeks and crossed his arms making Hyunseung sight.

“It happened the first time we went to the disco. When you kissed Dongwoon.” At that the black haired one looked the other way, trying not to blush. It was not the time to do so. “Actually Woonnie is at fault. He made us dance to the ballad and while we danced we talked a little, I said I was sorry and that I had no idea he was straight, you do know I thought that was the reason he hated me, and he said he was not, or at least not fully, so I asked him what I did and he apologized and he said it’s his own problem and later when we were going home it so happened that we were the same way, so along it we talked too. You know, he’s really funny, he’s nice, he has a habit of moving his hands while talking, like he’s rapping, actually he does rap, and then I kissed him, and he blinked at me twice, his eyes all wide, I apologized and ran my way, but he followed me and he stopped me and asked me to explain, I said I still like him and that I’m sorry and he laughed and I yelled at him and he apologized and then he asked me if I wanted to date him, but he said we have to keep it a secret, or at least until both of us are sure this is serious, because he was really unsure and…. Yea that’s all.”

“Film a movie.”

“What?”

“Seunggie, film a movie, draw a manga or write a novel… It’s like your story came from something like that.”

“Yah!”

“I didn’t say I don’t believe it… I’m happy as long as you’re happy. And I won’t tell.” Gi Kwang smiled and hugged his friend, patting his head. “But if he hurts you I’ll beat him to a pulp, and I don’t care I will blow my cover.”

“Thank you… By the way Yoseob told me… AJ will come to Busan too?” at the question the dancer sighed and looked at one of the pictures on his study table.

“I did promise him to be happy… Even if I will end up hurt later.” He hugged his friend tighter and buried his head in the doe eyed boy’s shoulder. “But I’m scared… I really like him, but you know he doesn’t even know if he likes AJ or that other person, and who the hell is the other guy?!” at that he stood abruptly and punched the air. “I’m super irritated, why won’t he tell me?”

“He has his reasons, Kiki. Just make him fall too hard for AJ, or try taking the other person’s place as Gi Kwang the nerd.”

“What? This isn’t some drama where people fall in and out of love in the blink of an eye.”

“Who’s talking about love? He’s young, so are you, so am I… well I’m kinda older, but he’s really young. I bet its all crushes. If you make him like AJ and Gi Kwang as he knows him, when you tell him, maybe he will take it easier…” Hyunseung stopped talking and looked at the ceiling thinking and biting his lip… His friend had weird habits. “… or he will totally hate you…”

“Lol, thanks Seunggie, you’re a big help.” Smiled Gi Kwang forcedly and Hyunseung returned 100% true bright smile… He was glad there was also Yoseob he could talk to about these things. “By the way… I’m thinking of having my hair dyed really light brown. What do you think?”

“Mmm… not so sure. Maybe it will look cool, but it may fall faster with the temporary dye if you sweat and if it rains it’s 100% exposed.”

“I will still try.”

“Why do you even ask then?” at that both boys laughed. They continued chatting about all sort of random stuff, they bothered Yoseob a few times at his date; Hyunseung was sneaking at AJ’s emails to Dongwoon and was helping with the answers too. They talked about the trip; they also danced a little, later Hyunseung stayed for dinner. It made Gi Kwang happy. He liked when he was pulled out of his problems and his friends knew exactly how to help. He wouldn’t trade them for anything in this world.

 


***
Yey, this time I managed to wrote something new and I'm not updating only from backups~! Cheer for me! =D
Anyway the chapter is kind of like a filler [with 2.222 words XD]... Sorry for that =/ I hope you're still interested in reading =)
And I was really wondering on something, you see I usually have this bad habit on doing my stories and then do the 'sequel' in the story, because my sequels are short [like two to three chapters max] and because I was at that point I was wondering if you would be bothered by something like that? not that it will change my mind on writing it that way, I was just wondering if I should separate them? Not a good idea right?

Oh and please read my KiWoon oneshot? It's 'My Beloved Monster' ^^ (yes I'm shamelesly promoting my fiction)