You Knew It

Books and Beats

Early in the morning Gi Kwang woke up to the soothing smell of coffee. He strode off to the kitchen; unable to remember how he got himself in bed, and slumped down on the chair next to a smiling Hyunseung, with a phone in his hand.

“Junhyung-hyung?”Asked the black haired one, the words coming barely from his throat.

“No, the Cube CEO, we’re having a meeting with him in 3 hours.” Said the boy gulping from his coffee. Then he looked down. “Junnie called only once… For the whole night, only once…”

“Maybe he wanted to see if you your phone after Yoseob went home and he’s waiting for the get-together to end?” suggested Gi Kwang. His throat had to endure it, because his friend was more important than it. He hated it when both his friends started getting insecure.

“Maybe… I think he’s just tired of our fights and he gave up… on me.”

“If he gave up on you he wouldn’t be jealous, Seunggie. Cheer up.” The brunette smiled and nodded, thinking that his friend’s words were more likely to be true than his own. He stood up and glanced down at his friend.

“You should fresh up a little… I don’t want you looking like crap in front of the CEO… and Dongwoon if by some ing chance we see him.”

“There’s a chance we can see him?” asked Gi Kwang, his face terrified.

“No, that’s why I said by some ing chance.”

“But there’s a chance?”

“Gi Kwang, just go dress up.” His friend got him up from the chair and pushed him to the bedroom, ignoring all the questions about the chance of him seeing Dongwoon. “If by some chance you’re not a Son Dongwoon magnet you won’t see him.” Reassured him the other dancer and pushed him inside the room, closing the door behind and smiling.

 

 

Hyunseung and Gi Kwang were standing in front of Cube entertainment. More accurately Hyunseung was past the door and Gi Kwang was still outside thinking if he should enter. The brunette was tapping his foot impatiently, arms crossed and expression – bored.

“You know if you stand at the entrance the chance of seeing him is bigger.” Finally spoke the older boy and Gi Kwang dashes inside in the second. He should’ve used it sooner.

They headed along one of the halls to find the room they were told to go and Gi Kwang saw how Hyunseung was fumbling with his phone.

“Seung, turn it on.” Said the boy and tapped his friend’s shoulder, who only smiled gratefully. Like all he needed was a little push to do it, like the shorter boy needed one to enter the building.

“We’re here actually.” Said the older dancer stopping in front of a door. “You enter and I will call Junnie and then go in.”

“Ok.” Nodded his friend and waited to actually see how his friend called his boyfriend, making sure the guy will pick up. When he heard Hyunseung’s ‘I’m sorry’ he smiled and turned to the door, a hand on the doorknob and pulling it down.

Just when he opened the door and was about to go inside, one foot already in mid air, Gi Kwang heard Hyunseung’s shout to stop, but instead of closing the door with a bang, he just stared dumbfounded at his friend and then looked inside the room.

Sadly he saw Dongwoon just in front of him. His hair was black, his eyes - dark brown, his figure - much more muscular than he remembered it, his height… taller. The boy blinked once, twice. The same goes for the boy on the other side. They stared at each other for about a minute, thought it seemed as ages to the dancer.

“Is this the dancer you were talking about?” asked an old man, coming from behind Dongwoon and facing Hyunseung. It was then that Gi Kwang’s mind clicked.

Junhyung finished the song.

Doojoon called Hyunseung, because Junhyung was afraid his friend would hung up on him, not because he was worried about Yoseob. Well he probably was, but that was Doojoon and Yoseob. If they can’t fix their problems – then who can? And they knew it.

If Hyunseung’s phone was on, or if he called Junhyung today he would’ve known and cancel the meeting.

But… why didn’t Doojoon tell Yoseob last night? …. Well, maybe he forgot, or thought Junhyung contacted him already…

“I’m sorry I think I have to refuse.” Was all Gi Kwang said, looking into Dongwoon’s eyes, not the CEO’s and he turned around, walking away, ready to leave everything.

He was already heading out, heading away from Son Dongwoon, the guy that didn’t want him in his life, when he heard the voice he missed hearing. He missed hearing it live, hearing it calling his name, hearing it directed at him.

“I never knew you hated me so much, Lee Gi Kwang-shi.” The tone was mocking, hateful, distasteful. Yet it made him happy. Maybe Yoseob and Hyunseung were right – he was a masochist.

“I thought you hated me enough to not want to see me.” Answered the dancer turning around, smiling that one arrogant smile he possessed.

“Maybe I do, but I’m a professional. If Hyunseung-hyung says you’re the best after him that we can find – then be it. I want my fans pleased.” At the words Gi Kwang snorted. Since when the immature maknae who had no idea what he wanted became this man here. He saw Dongwoon’s eyes shrinking, glaring at him and then he looked at Hyunseung, who was about to eat his thumb from worry. He guessed they had been avoiding this encounter the best they could, and he only sighed. He was not selfish back in time, back at the park at that cold night… Maybe now he can be selfish? He can force to meet Dongwoon, to bear those glares and angry tone and sharp tongue directed to him. Maybe this way he will give up on the boy?

“Ok, if you’re fine by it why not? I don’t really mind, but I’ll be more hard then Hyunseung, just so you know.”

“I don’t mind either.” Smirked the idol, crossing his arms on his chest.

“Well… Then let’s sign the contract?” the CEO butted in on the tense conversation and patted his idol on the shoulder. The boy nodded and entered the room and Gi Kwang entered soon after, with Hyunseung’s hands on his shoulders.

They talked about what Dongwoon’s image was supposed to be for the next comeback, what the dance had to portray, they heard the song Junhyung wrote, and that Dongwoon had to record, they talked with the MV director about what the MV will be like.

Somewhere in between the meeting Doojoon barged in, face red, sweaty and he was panting heavily. The boy entered and seated himself next to Dongwoon, his hand on the other’s shoulder and he was obviously squeezing him.

When the meeting ended everyone stood up and the idol and his manager dashed out, Doojoon leaving with “we’ll talk later, Kiki” and Hyunseung supporting his friend. After everyone was out Gi Kwang sat again, hiding his face in his hands, his elbows supported on the table and his shoulders slumped.

“Are you ok?” asked Hyunseung, sitting next to him. Gi Kwang looked at him, his eyes wide and scared.

“Am I nuts? What did I do? I wanted to be selfish but… I’m nuts am I not?” Hyunseung shrugged and Gi Kwang plopped on him again, like last night: his hands around Hyunseung’s waist, and his head buried in his stomach.

“I don’t mind your friends being clingy to you but… I do want to kill him.” a voice soared trough the room and both boys looked up finding a little annoyed Junhyung, whose hands were in his pockets.

“He needs a hug.” Pouted Hyunseung, making Junhyung giggle. The songwriter came to them and leaned down to peck Hyunseung, while Gi Kwang’s hands were still around the other dancer’s waist. Junhyung looked at Gi Kwang and arched a brow.

“Are you our kid?”

“Can I be, appa?” smiled the black haired one, looking like an innocent kid, his eye turning crescent. Both of the others laughed and hugged the boy reassuringly.

“You’re going to be fine.” Whispered Junhyung to him before letting him go and patting his back.

 

 

Dongwoon’s POV:

The idol entered his dance studio grabbing the closest item (a bottle of water) and threw it at the mirrors, breaking one of them. Then he grabbed a sack near the door and threw it too.

“Yah! Those mirrors cost a lot!” yelled Doojoon entering after Dongwoon and grabbing his arm before he could throw another bottle. He spun the idol around and looked at him in confusion. The boy’s face was stained with tears, his expression the same as the day Gi Kwang told him everything… almost everything. “Woonnie?” at that the idol, and Doojoon himself, were on the floor; the younger’s arms clinging to Doojoon’s biceps and Doojoon doing all he could to hug him.

“Hyung… It hurts.” Choked out the boy and Doojoon patted him on the back.

“I know, maknae, I know…”

“I hurt so much and he looked so fine… Still I can’t hate him, hyung.” Continued the boy and all Doojoon could do was hug him tight and whisper to him that everything will be all right.

 

 

 

Doojoon entered his apartment and Yoseob ran to him, hugged him and buried his head in the other’s chest. After him Hyunseung and Junhyung emerged from the living room looking all concerned.

“How’s he?” asked Junhyung rubbing his arm.

“Crushed… and sleeping now.” Answered Doojoon and headed in to the apartment along with his boyfriend.

“Weren’t we too cruel?” asked Hyunseung, snuggling into Junhyung, who wrapped the dancer in his arms.

“They had to face it someday. We all know they both still love each other… it’s up to them on what they will do from now on.” Answered Doojoon, kissing Yoseob’s head and hugging the boy closer.

“Let’s hope they don’t kill each other.” Commented Junhyung and Yoseob glared at him.

“Don’t even joke about it!” he hissed and the songwriter backed away, along with the choreographer.

“They will probably get together, yeobo.” Smiled Doojoon and pecked Yoseob’s lips. “Let’s have dinner?”

 

***

Scratch the 'I-have-to-study-and-I-can't-update' ... B2ST RELEASED 'I Knew It' DAMN IT!!! AND THE MV TEASER!!! AND DONGWOON IS SO UBER HOT I WANT TO CRY!!!!!! AND HE IS CRYING TOO T-T AND THAT GIRL HAS NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S MISSING!

Yea... you have an update thanks to the song and MV, 'coz I wanted to spazz about it and tell someone how GREAT AND HEAVENTLY the whole thing is. I can tell my friends, but they're all at school not T-T

And as for the 'I-have-to-study-no-updates' thing.... well some things happened since the last time I said that, but I think I will be able to tell ya with the next update =)

AND AS FOR THE STORY: Yea, the title, I knew it, you knew it, we all knew it =D It was just BOUND to happen, right? Now what will happen? Can you guess? I bet on no =D expect surprises. And .... OMG MY NEXT CHAPTER IS MY BABY!!! I LOVE IT! But I wonder if I will post it with the author note I wrote back when writing the chapter.... Ah, ok now I go and study... >.<