I didn't try to hit you

Books and Beats

Gi Kwang’s phone rang and the boy whined hearing his alarm. He usually wouldn’t whine, but he had the whole day with Dongwoon… He let out another whine before getting up and heading to the shower. He turned the water on and let it warm his body.

“Why is he so difficult?” let out the boy again and bended his head, looking at his feet, a hand rested on the wall. It was nice being next to Dongwoon. He won’t lie – it was way nice. He liked it when he would make the boy smile when they had breaks, though the first days were like hell. Actually after the first day there were 4 more in which Dongwoon and Gi Kwang would just sit and stare somewhere. It was really suffocating. The 3rd day Gi Kwang even got out and returned when the break was over; though on the 4th one Dongwoon asked him if they could at least talk for the sake of their friends. Gi Kwang knew it too: that they were sitting on the border between them two, and they always balanced everything and he remembered Yoseob’s drunken whines about how hard it is sometimes and how they’re so stubborn.

But now it was different. They talked, about trivial stuff. Like Dongwoon’s schedule; Gi Kwang’s lessons, his students; about what they would eat for lunch, Dongwoon even showed him around the apartment once (when Dongwoon laughed really hard and kicked the food on him and he had to take a shower). But nothing went furtherer. Gi Kwang never asked about Ji Eun and Dongwoon never asked if Gi Kwang had boyfriend or girlfriend.

But apart from that the boy was hell… he was really clumsy, was he when they were in high school? He forgot easily, even lyrics. Even Gi Kwang learned the lyrics to the song and yet the idol forgot them… but he had a lot to remember, so it was natural to forget, right? But that was the new song, he shouldn’t forget it…

Now Gi Kwang was in front of the dance studio and he ringed. Time sure flies fast when you’re deep in thought and now he hoped Dongwoon was here or else he had to go to the lower level and ring on his apartment. Again.

The door opened and Gi Kwang was met with handsome tall dark redheaded boy. He smiled, no he nearly laughed.

“This looks nice.” He commented entering and he turned around to take one more look on Dongwoon. “It’s better than that fire red you had for your debut” he commented giving the guy thumbs up.

“It’s not that noticeable. It’s like its brown or something.” the idol answered turning to the mirrors and messing his hair.

“It will be noticeable under the lights.” Assured him the dancer and got in position in front of the mirror. “Will I dance alone?”

Dongwoon smiled faintly and went next to him, standing in position and waiting for the music to start.

And it started. They danced, went through the first verse and when the second came, Dongwoon stopped and continued after 10 seconds, following Gi Kwang. The dance instructor saw this and stopped, sighing and stopping the music.

“Should I change this part?” asked Gi Kwang frowning. “If it’s too hard I can…”

“No!” interrupted him Dongwoon. “The dance is perfect I just… forget.” Gi Kwang scratched his head and looked through the window. He inhaled deeply and looked again at Dongwoon.

“Look, just try to remember it for the MV and comeback, later you can mask it.”

“What do you mean?” asked the idol and Gi Kwang shook his head. Dongwoon was a smart kid, but he always went along the rules. He turned the music on and started dancing while singing; watching if Dongwoon is paying attention. When the moment where Dongwoon usually forgot what to do came, which was quite comfortable with the lyrics to mask, Gi Kwang stopped, gripping his heart and bending down, then he straightened up and turned to the idol.

“This kind of masking, since you will dance alone you can do whatever you want. You can even skip the whole dance if you want, but I advise you don’t.”

“I never thought of that.” Admitted the idol, scratching his head.

“No offences, but you always go by the book. I really don’t know why people feared you in school.” Gi Kwang snickered and saw Dongwoon frowning. “Sorry.”

“No, don’t. I really don’t know too.” Then Dongwoon smiled and hit Gi Kwang’s shoulder. “Now let’s make me remember that part?” he asked and Gi Kwang nodded, smiling. Lately he smiled a lot.

He showed the same part that Dongwoon forgets to the boy and made him repeat it several times. Maybe about 20 and then they started from the beginning. The first re-run of the song Dongwoon made it correct, but the second he messed up again. Gi Kwang was sitting on the floor, watching the idol, and when he saw him mess up he grunted and hid his face in his hands.

“Why are you so hopeless?” he whined and then he heard a crash. He looked up and then around, and he saw a bottle of water spread across the wall behind him. He turned to the boy wide eyed and frozen. “Did you try to throw it at me?” he asked, almost a whisper. He saw Dongwoon rub his eyes and he stood up. “Sorry… I should leave now.” And he headed to the door but right before he placed his hand on the doorknob ne heard the idol’s voice.

“Wait… Sorry I just…” Gi Kwang turned around and saw the boy leaned over the glass. “I didn’t try to hit you… it just went that way.” He looked at Gi Kwang and smiled apologetically. “I’m clumsy.”

The dancer snickered and leaned on the door, arms crossed. Just like that both boys looked at each other for about a minute, before Gi Kwang moved forward and when he stood in front of Dongwoon he hit him on the head.

“Hey!”

“That’s for nearly hitting me.” Answered the dancer and turned around. “Now clean.” He pointed at the bottle on the floor and its leaked liquids.

Dongwoon obviously wanted to protest, but he complied anyway and went to clean. Gi Kwang looked again at the window and this time he went to it, opening it and leaning over. He looked down and he saw a staircase.

“I enter from there.” Said he idol, grabbing Gi Kwang’s attention.

“I thought it was a terrace.” Said on his behalf the dancer. Then he turned around again and he saw someone coming up the stairs. His heart clenched but he smiled at the figure and the figure smiled back. She entered the room and eyed the idol with the mop and the dancer next to the window.

“I won’t ask.” She said smiling.

“Please, don’t.” whined Dongwoon and pouted. “Ji Eun-ah, I’m helpless.”

“Who said that?” she asked and eyed Gi Kwang, who turned to look outside again.

“I say it. I can’t remember one of the steps no matter what.” Explained the idol and continued mopping the floor.

“At least this time it’s the wall, not the mirrors.” Mocked him Ji Eun and Gi Kwang thanked God he was not the only one experiencing this. But that meant Dongwoon had developed anger problems? …before he was quite calm: in front of him at least. “I brought lunch. Want to eat?” the girl asked all smiles and good intentions.

“Sure, but don’t you have school?” asked Dongwoon crossing his arms. At that Gi Kwang turned around and eyed them both. She was… underage? Sure… they didn’t have that much of an but… What if someone caught them? She just came to his apartment; she came to the dance school the first time. Weren’t they afraid?

“Come on, I’m last year. I can skip from time to time. And my teacher was sick, so they let us go home early.”

“What about homeroom?”

“My homeroom teacher is sick.” Smiled the girl and gave the bag to Dongwoon. “It’s your house, you serve.” Then she turned to Gi Kwang, who was still dumbstruck. “I can get to know him too.”

“Ji Eun…”

“Just go, we’ll come in a minute.” Dongwoon stayed in his place for a moment, wondering on what to do but in the end he got out and went downstairs, leaving Ji Eun and Gi Kwang together. “So, first: he doesn’t even kiss me, don’t worry for me being a minor and second…” chipped the girl and skipped to Gi Kwang looking through the window to see when Dongwoon will get out of sight. When the idol was out of sight she turned to him and the boy thought he would hate her company. After all the last time wasn’t quite pleasurable being with her. “Look,” she started. “I love Dongwoon, I really do, and I know what happened between you two.” At the heard Gi Kwang’s eyes widened and he really had no idea where to run.

“That was in the past. If you worry about me stealing him from you, I won’t. He’s happy with you.” He answered rushing, wanting this conversation to end.

“Don’t you love him?” she asked, but her voice was not angry. It sounded warm, inviting… caring?

“He’s happy with you.”

“That’s not what I asked.”

“I think my answer was legit.”

“I have to say you’re good at this.” Smirked the girl. “Most people would give up on asking again.”

“Yea, I’m quite good at it.” He answered and smiled his childish smile. He made her smile too, one truly sweet smile.

“But, really - answer me, I won’t tell him.” The dancer leaned again on the window and looked down, and then he looked forward and sighed. Really, what would she do if he tells her? Tell Dongwoon? Yea, she could, but if Dongwoon loves her what does it matter? And it’s not like it’s a big secret, right? He didn’t like talking about it, but that was the way it is. And she loved Dongwoon, so she deserved to know who to trust and who not.

“I… I do love him, but I try to ignore it. As I said – he’s happy with you. I want him to be happy, so, as I said before, I won’t steal him from you. Just… don’t hurt him.”

“Aren’t you from the people who think that their loved ones would be happy only with them?”

“With me he will suffer. I hurt him once, forgot? A relationship can’t be built on that.” he smiled faintly at her and straightened up. “I really meant what I said. I’m only working with him, nothing more.” She smiled at him too, but it left Gi Kwang with the feeling of a frown. He had no idea why, maybe he didn’t know her that well.

“You’re too sweet for a guy.” She laughed and turned around. “Let’s go down, or he will worry.”

Gi Kwang followed her down, he entered after her and he saw her hug Dongwoon and he patting her head. He smiled, he had no idea why, but this time he smiled. She was a nice girl, too sharp, but nice and caring. Dongwoon needed someone like her besides him. Maybe what he felt at their first meeting was just his feeling crashing inside of him, confusing him.

 

 

***

Okay... is it rushing? Sorry. I actually cut a chapter, but with it or without it there isn't any difference, since the previous was in Dongwoon's POV and I re-read it a lot and I couldn't stop thinking if it was fit and after one of the comments I finally decided to cut it =) Soo.... I think I will continue writing from Gi Kwang's POV... It's easier lately?

Anyway I think I will end the fic soon. Maybe… 3 more? 4 at maximum. Anyway the next chapter is longish, compared to my last ones =D Actually I just wrote it and I hope I will manage the one after it faster and better XD It should be better since…. Well you will read later ^^

Is it the day after V-Day? I have 2h to get there, though... I didn’t want to update it on V-Day, since it’s still not a happy KiWoon and well I’m not into it. ^^ but for the ones who celebrate it/celebrated it – Happy V-Day~! ^^