Chapter Six

Millionaire's Love

"Give me her medicine."
____________________________________________________________
Min hee sat happily at the porch of Luhan's lodge. There was a big suitcase beside her. She then saw Luhan went inside the house. "Luhan! I've been waiting for you. I will stay here with you." Luhan refused to look at her.
"Your dad is waiting for you. Go home." he said coldly. Min hee went beside him and held his hands, "I got his permission. He trusts me. He told me to have fun." Luhan sighed and looked at her brilliant emerald orbs, "Are you nuts? You want to move in with me?" 
Min hee halted, but she kept smiled, "Oppa, I'm hungry. Let's eat! I will cook for you."
"Get out of here! I don't want to be with you." snapped Luhan.
Min hee's smile faded from her face. Luhan flung her arms out of his. 
"You said that you liked me and you wanted to be with me." said Min hee in a low voice.
Luhan cynically chuckled, "I was caught up in the moment. So just forget it."
Min hee clotted. "You jerk. Is it that easy for you? Is love that easy?"
Luhan sighed in annoyance, "Do you have a hearing problem? Didn't you heard me? Get out of here! You only give me a big headache. My head is about to explode now. I must have been blinded, stuck out here. I am not here to date anyone! So leave before I have to make you!"
Min hee's face reddened. Tears were coming from her eyes.
Luan left hem immediately. He couldn't help to see Min hee's face. 
He ran.
He ran with all his might.
He screamed on top of his lung.
______________________________________________________________________
He couldn't sleep these days.
His heart always felt worried and anxiety filled his being.
He grabbed his phone and dialed Wei's number.
"How much is 0.1%?" asked Luhan straightly.
"How much will I get if I give up my inheritance?"
"Are you sure? A verbal agreement is also..."
"I know. How much is it?" asked Luhan impatiently.
"It's a little embarrassing to ask of how much an orphanage cost." Wei said.
"Leave the orphanage alone. I will give it up. I won't eat my words." said Luhan quickly. "Get the paper work done. That is your specialty."
"Are you sure you won't regret it?" Wei reassured him.
"Won't i?" Luhan sighed. "I know I will after this call. Bye." I will regret it for the rest of my life. But Min hee is more important than the 99.9% of my inheritance that I am throwing away......
_________________________________________________________________________
"Hey, you came!" said Takashi when Luhan visited the hall practice.
Luan smiled weakly at him. He looked around to see Min hee. "Did you saw Min hee? Where is she?"
"She's in a bad mood. She has gone out for a stroll." said Chiharu.
"Hey, kids, let's practice! We will do the new scene this time." yelled Naoko to the orphanage kids.
A girl and a boy were getting ready as Takashi started to play the piano.
Luhan was watching them. 
__________________________________________________________________________
" I will come back."
" Please don't go."
" I will be back. I'll be back to you after ten nights. I promise."
" Do you mean it?"
" Yes."
" Please come back."
___________________________________________________________________________
Luhan's heart started to beat fast.
"Who wrote these lines?" asked Luhan to Chiharu.
"Min hee said that she adapted it from a book." said Chiharu, looking at him confusedly.
Luhan  fell silent. He then ran outside of the hall. He brought an umbrella with him.
Old conversation was playing on his head.
____________________________________________________________________________
Ten years ago...
Little Luhan was standing in front of a nine years old auburn haired girl. Both of them were
holding umbrellas. "I will come back, Minnie."
"Please, don't go." Min hee sobbed silently.
Luhan wiped the tears from her eyes gently. "I will be back. I'll be back to you after ten nights. no matter what i will come back for you I promise."
"Do you mean it?" asked Min hee with her bright emerald eyes.
Luhan smiled, "Yes."
______________________________________________________________________________
Luhan was running with all his might. How can I forget her? asked Luhan desperately to himself.
He ran into the gas station where she worked. "Where is Min hee?" asked Luhan in hurry to a man inside the store.
The man shook his head, "She didn't show up today."
Luhan frantically looked for Min hee. He went all over the place that he knew. But he still couldn't find her. He continued to run into the orphanage. The only place that he had not tried yet. And then he saw her standing in the pouring rain, holding an umbrella.
Luhan gulped. He walked near her. "Min hee..." 
Min hee turned slowly to him. Her eyes were swollen.
Luhan went nearer to her. "Min hee I... I came back too late.
Min hee sighed, "I don't care anymore. You don't have to do the play." She went to walk passed him, but Luhan held her wrist.
"I will come back, Minnie." said Luhan slowly.
Min hee halted.
"Ten nights. After ten nights...."
"Luhan?" Min hee held her breath.
"I really meant it when I said ten nights. But that day, I lost my parents. So I couldn't do it." Luhan said quietly. He stared at her with his amber eyes, "I didn't wanted to. I erased all the memories about you and this place. Because it was too painful for me."
Min hee looked deep into his eyes. She burst into tears.
"I'm sorry. Time's running out on us. I came back too late." said Luhan in full regrets.
Min hee weeped, "I hope to stay with you until the first snow. So I can wear the gloves that you bought me. But... I will die before that, because of you."
Luhan took down his umbrella and went near her. He held her umbrella and caressed her cold cheek. "I know that it hurts for you to be with me. But I love you." 
Min hee looked down. She couldn't hold her tears.
Luhan lifted up her chin, "Look at me." He drowned into her emerald eyes and embraced her face into his. She was still crying when he kissed her lips softly, he could taste her tears.