Chapter Three

Millionaire's Love

"There is no way that I will do it. Count me down." said Luhan as he went out of class.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan walked back and forth while jugling his phone. He was thinking whether he should do this or not. Finally he sighed and dialed his cousin's number. "Hey, Xiumin! I want to ask you for help." said Luhan straightly as he heard Xiumin's husky voice. "Hey! buddy! what's up! How are you? How is life there?" Xiumin asked gladly. He had been worried about his cousin, since he heard about the board's rule. He knew that Luhan was not that kind of kid who could live a life in a small city. "No time for chit-chat, can you send me some money?" asked Luhan while closing his eyes. This was really embarrassing for him. He never borrowed somebody else's money in his life, even from his cousin. "What? How much do you need? I can go to your place, since I know that- they have already suspended all your bank cards." Xiumin suggested nicely. Luhan gulped, "I will tell you later." "This is really embarrassing!" he shouted angrily and kicked a chair beside him after hanging up the call. All of his pride had been drowned. "Ouch!" Luhan gasped in hurt at his feet. "Why is my life like this?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is this?" Fujitaka askedLuhan when the boy came to his office the next day, handed a thick envelope to him. Luhan stared at him arrogantly, "Let me graduate. I won't come to classes." Fujitaka raised his eyebrows, "What does that have to do with this money?" Luhan sighed in annoyance and took some money from his pocket, "I know that you are a greedy old man. Here." Fujitaka looked deeply into him before he said in a soft voice, "'A teacher's ability is a belief that he can change people.' It was said by Ralph Emerson." Luhan moved a little bit forward him, "I know I will not change. It's not a big deal." "You want to take a shortcut?" roared Fujitaka in a loud voice. "Absolutely, no! You will do it fair and square! Even if it takes longer!" Luhan bowed his head in desperation, knew that his trick did not work. He then went out of Fujitaka's working room sluggishly. Fujitaka shook his head in disbelief and chuckled. He saw a photograph in his desk, showing him and his bestfriend, Lee. "What a thickheaded son you have. Unfortunately you are not here to watch him."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Luhan was sitting on the university field. He never had thoughts this much before. His life was always full of happiness. He never bothered about even a single thing. Everything was already served for him. He sighed. Then he heard roars of cars were nearing the university. He chuckled to see it. "He really came." Two Porsches were riding into the university field, and then two men and one woman went out of the cars. "My honey! My sweet heart! I miss you so much!" Pearl said excitedly and hugged him. "Luhan!" exclaimed Kris Xiumin went near him and smirked, "What's up, Lu?" Luhan punched his shoulders and went into his car, "Let's go!" Luhan felt relieved when he saw his bestfriends (except Pearl) and finally he could be in something 'proper' like Porsche. They went to a best restaurant that they could find in the town. Of course it could not be compared even with the ugliest one in Seoul. "So, you have found out that life is hard?" Kris smirked at him. Luhan switched his head. He really did not want to talk about this with his friends. "Shut up, Kris. You have to be me to feel what I have been through. Let's see when your father decides to take all your properties and left you to be a fisherman." Luhan snapped. "God, I can't believe this." Pearl scanned the whole restaurant. "Honey, are we drinking here? I don't want to!" Luhan glared at her, "If you 'honey-ed' me once again, I will make you work here!" Pearl pouted, "Why are you so mean? Don't you know that I missed you so much?" "Pearl, get the hell out of here! We want to have some boys talks! Go anywhere with our car!" Kris ordered in stern voice. Though with grumbling, she complied and went outside of the restaurant. She decided to look around the small town with Xiumin's car. She started the engine, but it didn't work. "What the? It's running out of gas?" Pearl went outside the restaurant again, being careless for the consequences. She pointed her finger on Xiumin. "Your car is out of gas!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Luhan took the cigarette from Xiumin. They were standing in front of the restaurant. Kris had ordered some delivery service from the gas station. Luhan would not mind to spending time like this. Usually he was a kind of impatience, moreover in facing some spoiled girls like Pearl. But this time was different. He was surprised of himself too. They heard a bike coming to their way. "Here it comes." Xiumin said to Kris. Luhan recognized the figure on the bike. He sighed. Min hee stopped the bike in front of them and took out a jerrican from her bike's counter deposit. "Which car that needs gas?" "Here." Xiumin pointed at his car. "Hey, let me help you. This is too heavy. You should not carry this." Min hee smiled at him, "Can you pop the lid?" They all watched Min hee did her job. It amazed them that a girl like Min hee was willing to work like this. "It is three hundred thousand won, including the delivery service." Xiumin smiled to her and handed her some money, "Here, keep the change." Min hee sighed and looked for the money change in her pocket, "Our station is the only one in town. You can get gas for the rest of the change. This is all I have on me." Min hee went to her bike and started the machine when she heard Luhan shouted to her, "Why is it always you?" Min hee halted. She looked at Luhan's cold face. "You know her?" asked Pearl to Luhan. She caught a weird glance at Luhan. She went near Min heeand brushed aside her, "Where are you going? Xiumin gave you a tip for some service. Empty the ashtray!" Min hee looked at Pearl in disbelief. "You can do it by yourself, Pearl." Luhan suddenly said. His tone was full of warns. And he turned to Min hee and snapped, "What are you doing? Get out of here!" There were tears pooled down in her emerald's eyes. She bit her lips for not crying as she heard Luhan's sharp words.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Luhan skipped the class today. He was not in the mood to attend any lessons. Well, actually he never was. It was raining hard and he walked into a small stall food to buy snacks. He sat down in front of the shop while watching the pouring rain. "This only spends my youth." he sputtered. There he saw one little boy and one little girl walked together in the rain with umbrellas in their hands. He was curious and had nothing to do, so then he followed the two kids. They walked into a huge building, but then Luhan saw a board written "Min hee's Orphanage." He turned his gaze to the surrounding of the building. He frowned. This place looked really like something familiar to him. This place reminded him of his parents... Some pieces of memories were spinning in his head. Shattered glasses... Car... Bloods... Her mother shrieked at him... Luhan was starting to pant. He sweated all over his body. His parents...

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blink... Luhan opened his eyes slowly. He realized that he was in his room. "What happened to me?" Luhan mumbled to himself. He felt pain in his head. He touched his head,It was really warm. Luhan sighed. He stood up and heard something not too noisy in the kitchen. There was a smell of foods too. He saw a slender figure was moving fast in the kitchen. Her little fingers were cutting vegetables. Luhann turned around and was shocked to see him, "Oh my God, you scared me!" Luhan's face was gloomy and he went to sit. "Are you feeling better now? I am making you potato balls." Min hee smiled. Luhan was only looking at her without saying anything. She was indeed always there. "Why are you looking at me like that?" asked Min hee, feeling uncomfortable. "I never see it before." said Luhan. "See what?" asked Min hee again. She did not understand what Luhan said. Thus she was afraid that maybe Luhan was still sick. "A girl cooking... I never saw a girl cooking before." said Luhan in a low tone. Min hee was halted. She was trying to absorb his words. "It's already boiled." Luhan pointed at the stove. Min hee was panic and tried to turn off the power, when she accidentally nudged the cover of the cooking pot. "Aw." She was laughing at her clumsiness and looked at Luhan. And then she saw Luhan smiled at her. The most sincere smile of his that Min hee ever saw after all this time.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were eating silently in the kitchen. Luhan looked at Sakura's face. "She's indeed cute sometimes." said Luhan to himself. Luhan frowned and shook his head. "Why do I think about that?" "What?" asked Min hee confusedly. Luhan sighed. "Is there any way to graduate without participating in the stage?" Luhan asked the girl in front of him, even though he already knew the answer. "No." she answered shortly. "Then make it one, please." Luhan straightly said with a little begging. "Don't you want to do it to help the orphanage?" asked Min hee curiously. "I don't. I have helped enough." Luhan exclaimed in annoyance. Min hee was silent for a moment before said, "Your assistance said to not let you graduate without effort." Luhan stopped his eating and grumbled. He sighed, "You really are..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Five, six, seven, eight!" Chiharu yelled when they were practicing for the drama. The time was almost nearing and they had to practice really hard. "Hey, Takashi, why can't you do it right?" scolded Chiharu to her boyfriend. "Naoko, look forward! Keep your arms up high!" They were dancing with the background song. "Feel the music and move gracefully!" Min hee tried to concentrate on her dancing. Her part was one of the leading in this stage. She wanted to do her best. Their practice was interrupted when they saw Luhan went into the hall with crutches on both of his arms. "Did you hurt your leg?" asked Takashi in surprised. "What happened?" Luhan shrugged, "It just happened. So, I don't think I can do the play." Min hee felt rage filled within her body, "You, . You, selfish brat." Her face was reddened and her body was trembling in anger. "What the hell?" Luhan sputtered at her. Min hee stomped and walked out of the hall. Suddenly she felt a terrible pain in her chest. She stopped and clutched her chest with all her might. She was trying to gasp for air. "Min hee?" Chiharu went near her noticing her sudden behavior. "She is just playing around. Let her be." said Luhan trying to not give a care. Min hee felt her legs gave up on her and she drowned into darkness.