05: The Repercussion

The Impassioned Interchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Repercussion

Hana sighed, feeling extremely exhausted from her most hideous experience of job-hunting, ever. She didn’t expect to be that exhausted, primarily from the fact that she was readily accepted as a secretary for PCY Corporation’s CEO himself before. She had looked for various jobs the whole day, as she knew that she would have to come up with ten million Won to pay for those damages that was demanded from her.

No other company had accepted her though. They declined her resume almost immediately and she knew then that Chanyeol had something to do with it which made her even more furious.

She frowned, tiny wrinkles flashing on her forehead, as she remembered the CEO’s words the day before when she apparently stormed to his office. She had barged in his office, fuming, after she received that mail with the company’s seal, her job interview long forgotten.

The CEO wasn’t unfazed then -- even for a bit, which made her fume even more.

“You have no right to enter this building, as you are no longer my employee. Come back with the money that you owe me and then we’ll talk.” She remembered him say.

Apparently, having no job whatsoever on that company gives a person no right to enter the building – more so the CEO’s office – even with the fact that that person might have worked on the same company before. The CEO had showed Hana her contract as well, which showed a statement pertaining to the employee paying for any damages that he or she will be entitled to for the sake of the company’s welfare, and failure to do so within a specific span of time will automatically trigger a lawsuit from the company itself.

Cursing, she banged her head on the table in front of her, her shoulders slumping in defeat afterwards, knowing that the CEO was winning his game.

He was a CEO after all, which she, on the other hand, was a mere unemployed woman who had apparently stood her ground at the wrong time, wrong place. It was an unfair game, indeed.

 

*** *** ***

 

“How many times have I told you to organize these files alphabetically? You’re always wasting my time!” Chanyeol roared, throwing the pile of papers on his hands in the air as he banged his fist on his desk, his face red from rage. Jongdae, on the other hand, could do nothing but flinch at the raging voice of his boss, knowing better than to open his mouth and retort back.

Instead, he bowed his head and stared at the floor, staying quiet as much as he could.

“Get out,” Chanyeol said, his voice almost inaudible. He was breathing hard, as if calming himself. His face was no longer red from rage, but an evident, deep frown was still plastered on it as he glared at the man in front of him.

Jongdae shot up, his ears not catching his words. “W-What, sir?”

“You’re deaf now?” Chanyeol chuckled darkly, slightly scoffing at the oblivious man. “I said, get out! Don't even think of showing your face to me.” His voice had boomed yet again, making his secretary jump up from surprise and scamper out of his office, clearly scared for his life... and job. Chanyeol slammed his hands yet again in his desk and slumped on his office chair, his left hand automatically flying towards the red tie that he had worn today and loosened it, feeling stuffy and stressed.

He ran his hand on his hair messily and sighed in frustration.

Apparently, since he fired his previous secretary, his workload had been increased – not that he wanted it to be. Adding up to his frustration, Kim Jongdae didn’t seem to comprehend his orders too well; he can’t even properly organize the files that he should be able to do to make CEO’s work easier. It was as if he wasn’t doing any responsibility that a secretary should be able to do – be it with making him a cup of coffee, or simply delivering files from the department heads on due time.

Yes. There was a part of Park Chanyeol that regretted firing Choi Hana, but what was done was done. That was his reasoning. As much as he wanted her back, he wouldn’t, as his pride had refused to. Bringing her back would imply that he lost the game, so instead, he sent her a letter telling her to pay for the damages that was accumulated from the article that had been released in the public.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter