016: The Unbeknownst Blush

The Impassioned Interchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unbeknownst Blush

To say that their trip to the grocery store was awkward would be an understatement. At least for Chanyeol, it was. He was currently holding a not-so-tight grip on Seojun, making sure that the kid wouldn't just run off to somewhere. The elder was surprised to find the kid behaved all the time though. In contrast to how he was a while ago, Seojun seemed more quiet and a bit out of this world.

"Do you know where the grocery store is?" Chanyeol asked the kid, in hopes of striking a conversation, as weird as it might've sounded.

"That way!" The kid hollered as he pointed up front. Chanyeol glanced at where that kid was pointing and had to agree. There were a line of different establishments up ahead and it seemed like a place where there would definitely be a grocery store somewhere. He was a bit glad that there were less people along the way. Most of the people they passed were mostly elder women who he deemed wouldn't care less of who he was. The least he could handle was people recognizing who he was, then making crazy rumors with the kid he was with.

The two of them continued to walk at a snail pace, antagonizing the elder after a few seconds.

"Kid, can't you walk any faster?" Chanyeol said, exhasperated.

The kid looked at the elder and tilted his head as he stared. If Chanyeol wasn't that irritated at the moment, he would've fought himself from smiling. The kid looked so cute it was almost ridiculous. Seojun pouted a bit and suddenly stopped walking, halting the both of them.

Great.

Chanyeol thought, thinking that he put the kid in a bad mood. What Seojun exclaimed next surprised him though.

"Piggyback ride!" Seojun yelled with a huge grin on his face, anticipating Chanyeol's response.

"What?" Chanyeol spluttered.

Seojun tilted his head once again and stared at the man above him. "You don't know what a piggyback ride is, ahjusshi?"

Chanyeol frowned deeply and replied, "I know what a piggyback ride is, kid, and don't call me ahjusshi! I'm not that old, you know."

The kid did not bother replying further and just raised his arms, pouting this time. "Fine, fine you little bastard," Chanyeol said in a semi-hushed whisper as he kneeled and let the kid hop on his back. "For someone as small as you, you speak really well," he praised. "Make sure to hold on really tight, kid."

"Okay!" The kid happily exclaimed, swaying his legs a bit as they walked. They soon found their way to the grocery store, Chanyeol putting the kid down and holding his hand yet again, making sure the kid wouldn't wander off.

"Okay, kid. What snacks do you usually eat at home?" Chanyeol asked, wanting the kid to choose himself. The last thing he wanted was to bring home ingredients for some food the kids wouldn't be eating, anyway.

"Pizza!"

The elder's eyebrows raised, surprised at the kid's request. "You usually eat pizza at home? Are you kidding me, kid?" The kid nodded his head in reponse, and Chanyeol wasn't sure if that nod was for his first nor second question. "You should be eating something healthy, kid. Think of something else."

"Ice cream!"

"No, kid. Too much sugar affects a kid's health."

"Burger!"

"No. Junk food is not good for kids."

"Fries!"

"No. Does you family own a fast food chain or what?"

"Cupcakes?"

"No. Too much sugar."

"Chocolate!"

"No. Again, too much sugar."

"Coffee!"

"No. Wait. You drink coffee, kid? Are you kidding me?"

"No, but my dad drinks coffee." Seojun answered, grinning. "I look a sip once when he wasn't looking. It tastes sweet and bitter."

"You little minx," Chanyeol whispered. "I give up kid, just follow me." He grabbed a basket with his other hand and held Seojun's hand. With that, they walked along the store, choosing various organic greens and placing them in their basket.

"Sausage! Sausage! Sausage!" Seojun exclaimed as they passed the meats section.

"Alright, kid. Stop shouting!" Chanyeol said as he grabbed a pack of sausage. He figured that the kids would want a bit of meat on their plates, anyway considering how Seojun reacted when he saw a pack of sausages. The kids must love them. "You win this round." And soon enough they have already filled their basket, paid their grocery, and on their way home.

 

*** *** ***

 

"Seojun's here!" Seojun exclaimed in first person, prancing inside Hana's apartment happily. Hana, hearing her cousin's voice, poked her head from the bathroom and smiled. Admittedly, she was surprised that the kid was still hyper, considering that he went out with her uptight bos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter